Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Need help picking a ROM

• Please log in to reply

OP kungwei

kungwei

• 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:07 PM #1

Ok I need help picking a new rom on a VZW GNEX. I’m on CM10 atm and I gotta say it’s a POS ROM. I lose 3-4% battery for on screen time at best, my 4G no longer works, and it’s unstable ass hell. Came from Axiom and then went to CM9 and since Jelly Bean is out I wanted to move on to CM10 and the worst mistake I have ever made. What rom is stable and battery efficient. I don’t care about bells and whistles. Just those two are important to me.

I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately so I'm out of touch with all the options nowadays, any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Edited by kungwei, 13 November 2012 - 04:08 PM.

• 0 Likes

PARick

PARick

Average Android

• 925 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:16 PM #2

Ok I need help picking a new rom on a VZW GNEX. I’m on CM10 atm and I gotta say it’s a POS ROM. I lose 3-4% battery for on screen time at best, my 4G no longer works, and it’s unstable ass hell. Came from Axiom and then went to CM9 and since Jelly Bean is out I wanted to move on to CM10 and the worst mistake I have ever made. What rom is stable and battery efficient. I don’t care about bells and whistles. Just those two are important to me.

I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately so I'm out of touch with all the options nowadays, any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Without a doubt, go with Sourcery. It is the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes
Posted Image

AdamNexus

AdamNexus

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:18 PM #3

If you don't like cm10 you're going to hate every ROM on this forum.

• 0 Likes

imperivm

imperivm

Android Master

• 563 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:22 PM #4

Just like, you know, pick the one with the coolest name.
  • 1 Likes

rasbeanjelly/ak.purity

wdswds

wdswds

Crack Flasher

• 122 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:26 PM #5

Jelly belly is good. Absolutely no bells or whistles. 9.4 had a battery life problem,but 9.3 is fantastic!very stable and great on the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

brkshr

brkshr

Nexus 5

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:28 PM #6

Since your not wanting the bells & whistles. I would say Bugless Beast is the ROM for you. Peter Alfonso focuses on stability first & foremost, as well as battery life. He keeps it pretty close to ASOP, with only a few features added & performance improvements.

Edit: Peter has also been around since the OG Droid & has a pretty good reputation. Good guy too.

http://download.pete...so.com/toro/rom

Edited by brkshr, 13 November 2012 - 04:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

Nexus 5 - Stock 4.2.2 - Rooted

Nexus 7(13) - Stock 4.2.2 - Rooted

pcpimp

pcpimp

Android Pimp

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:30 PM #7

Sourcery is awesome. I also use Blackbean by team baked. I really dig the dark and inverted look :-) Good luck :-) Both for me very stable and good battery life.

• 0 Likes

OP kungwei

kungwei

• 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:47 PM #8

If you don't like cm10 you're going to hate every ROM on this forum.

Unfortunately CM10 is still beta and full of bugs, try to deal with 3-4% battery life per minute (6-8% browsing) and you wonder why you bought the phone. If it ever stabalizes I'll go back since I like the idea of CM but battery usually is an issue with that ROM.
  • 0 Likes

OP kungwei

kungwei

• 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:48 PM #9

Cool thank guys, I'll take a look at sorcery and bugless beast
  • 0 Likes

SD_Ryan

SD_Ryan

Enthusiastic Advocate

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:14 PM #10

Slim is well worth a look and highly underrated, IMHO. Lean and fast, but with a nice selection of customization options available:
http://rootzwiki.com...12slim-bean-29/
  • 1 Likes