3. 0/5

Spectrum 2 Forum?

• Please log in to reply

xXxGeek

xXxGeek

DrTechService

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:40 PM #41

I need help!!! D:

I removed some apps with system cleanup and I was very careful except I made a stupid mistake. My mistake was not waiting till I got home from work to perform a backup. I deleted google play store, browser and apparently some app that is used for the stock android google search engine to work. I can't even click a link on facebook (app) because it crashes facebook. When searching with stock google app that comes with the phone it does nothing. Since I deleted google play store I cannot re download a browser. I tried uploading play store and another browser via android injector but nothing happens when I press it to upload. It says there is one app ready to install but when I click to install the app just goes away on android injector and it does not say an app was not installed nor installed correctly. Is there any other way someone recommends to get this fixed?

If your still having trouble, you might need to manually update to the latest firmware, this will take it back to stock non-root.

As a Last Resort Click On>"RESTORE YOUR SPECTRUM 2 BACK TO CLEAN FACTORY STOCK"

Edited by xXxGeek, 26 March 2013 - 11:26 PM.

• 1 Likes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

mforbes

mforbes

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:19 PM #42

I have not tried that yet, I am following this guide to do it http://www.talkandro...les-on-android/ . Is this correct and do I have to have an sd card to install an apk file via a usb?

UPDATE:
I emailed the .apk file to myself and installed it on my phone. It installed but unfortunately when I open it, it says google play has stopped working, I think I royally screwed something up lol.

Performing factory reset....

Factory reset did not fix my problem :( My browser is still gone and when I open google play that I downloaded from my email it says google play has stopped working. Can anyone direct me on how to fix what I messed up? I would appreciate it, thank you.

Got dolphin to install and works fine, still dont have google play store :/ but I have aptoid now which my be better. Sure would like to fix the shit i broke though

Edited by mforbes, 25 February 2013 - 08:25 PM.

• 1 Likes

xXxGeek

xXxGeek

DrTechService

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:36 PM #43

I have not tried that yet, I am following this guide to do it http://www.talkandro...les-on-android/ . Is this correct and do I have to have an sd card to install an apk file via a usb?

UPDATE:
I emailed the .apk file to myself and installed it on my phone. It installed but unfortunately when I open it, it says google play has stopped working, I think I royally screwed something up lol.

Performing factory reset....

Factory reset did not fix my problem :( My browser is still gone and when I open google play that I downloaded from my email it says google play has stopped working. Can anyone direct me on how to fix what I messed up? I would appreciate it, thank you.

Got dolphin to install and works fine, still dont have google play store :/ but I have aptoid now which my be better. Sure would like to fix the shit i broke though

SOLUTIONS FOR DELETED SYSTEM APPS
"Google Play has stopped working" - Solution for Google Play error

TRY ONLY ONE THING AT A TIME DON'T TRY EVERYTHING AT ONCE. RUN GOOGLE PLAY AFTER EACH STEP

• Go to the menu->System settings->Apps->Downloaded->Google Play Store->Uninstall updates, then reboot your device.
  • Go to the menu->System settings->Apps->Downloaded->Google Play Store->Clear cache, then reboot your device and run Google Play Store.
  • In some cases, delete and re-install resolves this issue.
  • Sometimes a different version of google play works instead of the one you have.
  • You can also use a different market app like Aptoide Client or Click on This for other non market apps.

OTHER WAYS TO INSTALL APPS: USB Cable, Dropbox, Barcode Scanner, Online Apk Installer & Android Injector

Click on any of the "Green Colored Links" to download apps

INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY OR ANY APK APPLICATION WITH USB Cable.

• Ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed for your Spectrum 2 device.
  • Enable USB debugging in your phone's settings, go to->Settings->Developer Options->OK->USB debugging
  • Install File Manager and Root Add-On, for browsing the data on your phones SD card.
  • Next download the .apk file to your PC "PlayStore_v3.10.14.apk"
  • Now connect your phone to your PC using your USB cable. Open the SD card and copy or drag over the .apk file.
  • Unplug your USB cable from your phone, navigate to the .apk file using File Manager and select it.
  • This will open a dialog box allowing you to intall the app.

INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY OR ANY APK APPLICATION WITH Dropbox

INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY OR ANY APK APPLICATION WITH Barcode Scanner

• Download Barcode Scanner, I personally prefer "QR Droid" app, but there's several others out there.
  • Now run your barcode scanner app on your phone, click on-->"QR Code for PlayStore v3.10.14", and download.

INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY OR ANY APK APPLICATION WITH Online Apk Installer

• The APK Installer makes manual installation of an .apk file much easier. Next download PlayStore v3.10.14.apk.
  • Now go to www.apkinstall.com, selelect->"Browse Files" then navigate to your apk file on your PC and select.
  • Once you have uploaded the file, a QR code will appear on the website. Scan the QR code using Barcode Scanner.
  • After the .apk file has downloaded to your device, you can install it by simply clicking on it and navigating through the installation pages.

INSTALL APPS ON YOUR DEVICE USING Android Injector

AFTER INTALLING SYSTEM APP

• After installing Google Play Store
  • Move it to "system applications" with System Cleanup app
  • Clear the cache and data of Google Play Store
  • Then "Reboot"

CLICK ON>LG SPECTRUM 2 VS930: ESSENTIAL TIPS & TRICKS

Please Click  ✓  "Like"  If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!

Edited by xXxGeek, 07 December 2013 - 05:58 PM.

• 1 Likes

mordant80

mordant80

Android Enthusiast

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:34 PM #44

Just a heads up, I was following your guide for debloating and softbricked my phone (got it back) but not sure which app did it, I didnt freeze or uninstall any apps that you didn't mark as safe. The only thing I can think of is that there were two amazon's listed. a 1.x version and a 2.x version. I got rid of both, that may have possibly done it but not for sure on that.

Edit: I also integrated updates to system apps, maybe that did it.

Also, anyone had any luck deodexing this thing? I'm thinking of giving it a try. I've done it on the HTC thunderbolt. Do you think doing that would cause a security error like removing one of the system apps did? I just don't have experience the locked bootloaders. Had a Droid 2 but just flashed premade stuff to that, didn't get in to doing stuff myself until I got the HTC with an unlocked bootloader.

BTW, haven't seen it posted here, there is a working 2nd-init version of CWM for the spec2: http://androidforums...m-recovery.html

Edited by mordant80, 07 March 2013 - 06:57 AM.

• 0 Likes

JimiMack

JimiMack

• 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:36 PM #45

Has anyone had luck in Freezing or Removing "Favorites Contacts Widget". I use an app called No Bloat and every time it FC the app and will not let me freeze it, Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

xXxGeek

xXxGeek

DrTechService

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:48 PM #46

DESKTOP MANAGER PORTABLE FOR YOUR LG SPECTRUM 2

My Phone Explorer v1.8.4
New features:

My Phone Explorer is a powerful phone management software for your Desktop PC. Some Features are.

• Directional file sync with the phone
  • Join contacts (select 2-5 contacts -> right click and sync in the confirmation window)
  • Sync with Outlook is faster and without security alert, you can select multiple Outlook calendars to sync
  • Sync with Lotus Notes: more fields, rule exceptions are supported
  • Enhanced file browser (new: move and rename files, better management of the external storage)
  • Revised contact-edit window
  • Some Changes in the calendar GUI
  • print feature for calls
  • enhanced "Control phone"
  • some smaller changes and many bugfixes

Some changes for Android-based phones:

• Tasks and Notes including Sync (you'll get separate Apps on the phone)
  • full remote control your phone through USB-Connection (ROOT not required!)
  • Text Input: Allows to use your PC-Keyboard for typing text on your phone, works so throught Bluetooth and WiFi
  • supporting now all telephone-number types, its possible to use now so formatting-characters
  • new fields for contacts (IM and anniversary)
  • compatibility with Thunderbird 7
  • new main icon
  • call duration is shown in call-lists
  • contact account filter in the sidebar
  • calendar-GUI slighly polished
  • MyPhoneExplorer Client will be launched automatically on Bluetooth-connection, for WiFi the client is thus able to launch automatically (optional)
  • sidebar gadget does work now also on 64bit environment

HOW TO USE PHONE EXPLORER WITH MY LG SPECTRUM 2

CONNECTS WITH THREE DIFFERENT OPTIONS:

• WIFI
  • Bluetooth
  • USB CABLE

USB CABLE:

• Download My Phone Explorer from http:/latest.version:Download for pc.
  • Install to your desktop (I need to add that this app will ask you to download additional software that you don't need, just make sure to "Decline" any of the boxes that don't apply).
  • Ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed for you Spectrum 2 device.
  • Enable USB debugging on your Spectrum 2 phone's settings. this can be done by going to "Settings", then "Developer Options", then Click "OK", then check the "USB debugging"
  • Download My Phone Explorer for your Spectrum 2 from http:/Market:Download
  • Connect you phone to your computer
  • Next "Turn on USB storage" it should pop up, if not, open up your drop down bar at the top, and click on "Turn on USB storage"
  • Start the My Phone Explorer on your computer and Select->File->Settings
  • In the connection tab choose->Phone with Google Android-OS and in Connect via... choose->Autodetect
  • Confirm with->OK Then Click ->Next now it will start connecing...
  • Now it will ask you to name your phone, enter a name and click ->OK
  • CAUTION: My Phone Explorer wont work properly if moved to your SD Card

NOW YOUR DEVICE SHOULD BE CONNECTED

CLICK ON>LG SPECTRUM 2 VS930: ESSENTIAL TIPS & TRICKS

Edited by xXxGeek, 07 December 2013 - 05:58 PM.

• 0 Likes

xXxGeek

xXxGeek

DrTechService

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:16 PM #47

MY TOP 100+ ANDROID APPS

(UPDATED APRIL 6th, 2014)

(**)  Must Have Root

BACKUP

BATTERY SAVERS 

• Greenify *ROOT: Renew my Phone **
    • Use Greenify *Root to pause background apps from running.

• BootManager **

• Per App Hacking **
    • You can turn off apps that run on boot.

• And Prevent the apps from acquire wake lock.

• This way you save precious ram and boot-up time.

• One Power Guard **
    • Power Guard will decrease your charging time and increase your device performance.
    • I use "AI Mode", this power mode learns from how you use your device.
    • Built in "Battery Calibration" will calibrate your battery.
  • Wakelock Detector **

• "Wakelock Detector" shows wakelock usage statistics for all application, not a battery manager.
    • Run Wakelock, then tap on app to see Status: Running Type: User.  Works with "Greenify".

BUSINESS

CLEANERS

COMMUNICATION

DEVELOPER

FILE MANAGERS

INTERNET

MARKET

MEDIA & VIDEO

NAVIGATION

NOTIFICATION

PERSONALIZATION

PRODUCTIVITY 

SECURITY

SOCIAL

SPORTS

SYNC 

TOOLS

t2712.gif

Please  ✓  "Like"  If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!

Edited by xXxGeek, 06 April 2014 - 09:39 AM.

• 1 Likes

agt7575

agt7575

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:54 AM #48

A good WiFi tether app that I use with great success with the spectrum 2 (rooted) is "Open Garden Wifi Tether". Its available in the Google App Market. You will just need to change a few settings to make it work. Those settings are as follows:

Change Device Profile to "Generic ICS"

Setup-Method should be set on "Auto Detect".

Change Channel to "Channel 11". - This setting can be set on auto or any other channel, but I find channel 11 to have the best signal and faster than the other channels.

Change encryption setup method to "iwconfig"

All other settings should remain unchanged except for SSID and Passphrase if you wish to use Wifi encryption.

I have been using this app since my I rooted my first smartphone (HTC Thunderbolt) using gingerbread.

enjoy
  • 0 Likes

xXxGeek

xXxGeek

DrTechService

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:44 PM #49

A good WiFi tether app that I use with great success with the spectrum 2 (rooted) is "Open Garden Wifi Tether". Its available in the Google App Market. You will just need to change a few settings to make it work. Those settings are as follows:

Change Device Profile to "Generic ICS"

Setup-Method should be set on "Auto Detect".

Change Channel to "Channel 11". - This setting can be set on auto or any other channel, but I find channel 11 to have the best signal and faster than the other channels.

Change encryption setup method to "iwconfig"

All other settings should remain unchanged except for SSID and Passphrase if you wish to use Wifi encryption.

I have been using this app since my I rooted my first smartphone (HTC Thunderbolt) using gingerbread.

enjoy

THANK YOU agt FOR THE "OPEN GARDEN WIFI TETHER" RECOMMENDATION AND TAKING THE TIME TO POST THE SETTINGS GUIDE ;)

Edited by xXxGeek, 02 May 2013 - 05:01 AM.

• 0 Likes

xXxGeek

xXxGeek

DrTechService

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:55 PM #50

HOW TO ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS GUIDE

To Capture and Edit Screenshots

1. To make a screenshot -> Press and hold the Volume Up and Down keys at the same time.
2. Or tap the Quick Memo icon located in the Notifications Panel.
3. Now tap the Pen icon located at the top of the screen to edit your pen options.
4. Select a new pen color and tap the Pen icon again to close the options menu.
5. You can EDIT your screenshot by drawing on the screen using your finger.
6. To finish editing, tap the X icon located at the bottom of the screen.
7. When you’re done, tap Save

To Add or Delete a Home Screen

Screens can be added, moved or deleted by simply pinching a Home screen.

1. From any Home screen, pinch the screen with two fingers.
2. To Add a new Home screen you have to tap the Add screen icon.
3. To Delete a Home screen, you have to tap and hold the desired home screen and then

drag it to the Remove icon located at the top of the screen.

To Change the Wallpaper

1. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
2. Select Home screen settings -> Wallpaper.
3. Select the desired wallpaper type – Live wallpaper, Wallpaper or Gallery.
4. Select the wallpaper that you want to use and tap Set Wallpaper.

To Change Your Quick Keys

You can personalize your Quick Keys to show the apps that you use most often.

1. Tap and Hold the app that you’d like to place as a Quick Key and drag it to the bottom of the screen.
2. To remove a Quick Key, tap and hold the desired icon and drag it out of the Quick Keys.

To Create a Quick Keys Folder

You can easily keep your apps organized and easily accessible by creating a Quick Key folder.

1. Tap and drag the desired icon onto another icon that you want to place it into the folder.
2. The merge of the two icons will create a folder.
3. To edit the details of the folder, tap its name.
4. You can enter a name for the folder and change its color.
5. Tap OK when finished.

Note: To remove an icon from the folder, you just need to drag it to the Remove icon located at the top of the screen.
Keep in mind that this will not delete the app for good, but only remove it from the folder.

To Add and Delete a Widget

1. From any Home screen, tap Apps.
2. Tap and hold the desired widget.
3. Tap and drag the widget to the desired Home screen. The home screen needs to have available space on it.
4. To delete a widget, simply tap and drag it to the Remove icon located at the top of the screen.

To Change Your Ringtone

1. Tap the Menu key.
2. Go to Settings -> Sound -> Phone ringtone -> select the desired ringtone and tap OK.

CLICK ON> LG SPECTRUM 2 VS930: ESSENTIAL TIPS & TRICKS

Credit goes to Lyanna for this information

Edited by xXxGeek, 07 December 2013 - 06:02 PM.

• 0 Likes