Spectrum 2 Forum?
Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:37 AM
I was also searching for some root methods. I saw another thread that a guy got root but bricked on the ROM installation. If I can get root, I'll be a happy camper. TiBu and things of that nature are my only necessities to debloat.
Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:35 PM
LG SPECTRUM 2 VS930: ESSENTIAL TIPS & TRICKS
Spectrum 2 is equipped with a 4.7 inch True HD IPS screen, which means instead of the oft-criticized PenTile display,
the display uses a regular RGB matrix. The rest of the specs look quite enticing as well, including 8-megapixel camera,
the dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 S4 processor under the hood, NFC support and Android 4.0.4 installed.
There is 16GB of native storage and Global radio
USER GUIDES FOR THE SPECTRUM 2 VS930
- BLOAT-WARE REMOVAL / GUIDE
- WIFI TETHER FOR ROOT USERS / GUIDE
- OPTIMIZE BATTERY LIFE / GUIDE
- VS930 USER MANUEL / GUIDE
- STATUS BAR ICONS / GUIDE
- RINGTONE BASICS / GUIDE
- MANUALS & DOCUMENTS
- USING THE LG TAG+ / GUIDE
- TITANIUM BACKUP / GUIDE
- BACKUP & RESTORE APPS/DATA TO SD CARD, CLOUD OR PC
- BACKUP MUSIC & VIDEO "GOOGLE PLAY" "AMAZON" "PICASA"
- HOW TO FLASH CWM RECOVERY FOR "ROOT" USERS ONLY
- REASONS FOR ROOT AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN
- ROOTING YOUR SPECTRUM 2 PHONE: FAQ
- HOW TO ROOT THE LG SPECTRUM II VS930
- HOW TO UN-ROOT YOUR SPECTRUM 2
- AFTER ROOTING & OTA UPDATES
- CUSTOM ROMS - NONE AS OF YET
- UNABLE TO ROOT NEW JB 4.1.2 UPDATE
- HOW TO DO A "SOFT RESET" OR "HARD RESET"
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "BRICK" YOUR PHONE?
- PANIC ROOM - NEED TO CONTACT A MOD / ADMIN
- RESTORE YOUR SPECTRUM 2 BACK TO CLEAN FACTORY STOCK
- INSTALL .APK FILES FROM YOUR PC ONTO YOUR PHONE
- SOLUTIONS FOR DELETED SYSTEM APPS
- SOLUTIONS FOR BATTERY ISSUES
1. PHONES2. CASES
- TRIDENT CASE w/TAG+ OPENING
- BODY GLOVE TACTIC CASE
- SHELL COMBO W/HOLSTER & KICKSTAND
- TRIDENT AEGIS BUNDLE PACKAGE
- BLACK HARD CASE WITH Y SHAPE STAND
- SILICONE COVER - GLOW IN THE DARK
- SOFT SILICONE BLACK SKIN COVER
- SCREEN PROTECTOR (CLEAR) - AMAZON
- SCREEN PROTECTOR (ANTI-GLARE) - AMAZON
- SCREEN PROTECTORS - EBAY
- SCREEN PROTECORS - NEWEGG
CLICK ON> TO SEE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE ANDROID APPS
Please Click "[✓Like This]" If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
Edited by xXxGeek, 09 May 2013 - 10:52 AM.
Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:20 PM
“RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA”
SOME ONE SAID THERE IS A "BACKGROUND DATA RESTRICTED" NOTIFICATION AFTER THE ANDROID 4.0 ICS FIRMWARE UPDATE
“Restrict background data” is a good feature to stop some apps & services from working unless device is connected to a WI-FI network. Some apps sync in the background, and may cause extra data traffic when using a mobile carrier network. You can enable or disable “Restrict background data” by:
- From home screen->Press Menu button-> Settings -> Data usage -> Tap Menu > Restrict background data.
- You might have a box open up that says, "Restricting background data is possible only when you've set a mobile data limit". Click OK,
- Check the box "Set mobile data limit", and OK,
- Then set data limit. "You must set this before it will restrict".
- Now > Tap Menu > Restrict background data. You Done!
Please Click "[✓ Like This]" If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
Edited by xXxGeek, 09 May 2013 - 01:06 AM.
Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:22 PM
Edited by JimiMack, 05 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.
Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:11 PM
If your phone becomes unresponsive or sluggish, try restarting your phone and see if that helps. In case your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, the last resort is to do a factory reset.
Restarting your phone (soft reset)
If your phone is running slower than normal, an application is not performing properly, or your phone becomes unresponsive, try restarting your phone and see if that helps solve the problem.
To restart your phone, simply turn it off and back on. If pressing and holding the POWER button doesn't work, then remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, reinsert the battery, and then turn the phone on.
Performing a factory reset (hard reset)
If you're passing your phone on to someone else or your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can do a factory reset (also called a hard reset). This returns your phone to the state it was in before the first time you turned it on.
Note: Factory reset will not remove the data and files that are in your phone’s microSD card.
Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will also remove any applications you've downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
HOW TO HARD RESET THE LG SPECTRUM II
- Remove and reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold both the "Volume Down" and "Power" button until you see a message "Factory Hard Reset" then let go of buttons.
- It will ask you if you want to do a factory reset. Confirm with Power Button.
- When asked are you sure, confirm with power button
- Your Done. Factory Restored!
Please Click "[✓ Like This]" If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
Edited by xXxGeek, 26 March 2013 - 07:52 PM.
Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:43 PM
Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:20 AM
Update: You can Disable this in the Apps section but do not Freeze or Remove. For some reason if you freeze or remove it, you will get the Fatal Error message on the next boot and you will have to re-flash the whole OS again.
Edited by JimiMack, 08 January 2013 - 06:22 PM.
Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:52 AM
If for some reason, you don't want to download from the market, or maybe you deleted any easy way of installing apps on your android, i.e. no wifi or data connection, no keyboard to navigate, no file manager to open, for what ever the reason, this program will install ".apk" files from you pc onto your android phone.
Android Injector is an easy to use alternative that enables you to select multiple files from your computer and to intall them in the phone memory with just a few clicks. The program is free, and you can "click here for Android Injector.rar" I need to add that this app will ask you to download additional software that you don't need, just make sure to uncheck any boxes that don't apply.
Android Injector allows you to effortlessly install apps that you have downloaded to your computer in the form of ".apk" files onto your Android phone or device. Some phones and service providers do not allow you to install apps from any other source except the Google Play Store. However, some app authors do not release their apps to the Android Market and elect to put them on other sites such as Getjar.com. Android Injector allows you to download apps from those other sources to your computer and then install them onto your phone from your computer quickly and easily via USB connection.
This is a few website links that ".apk" files can be downloaded directly to your pc and then installed to your android with Android Injector.
use the program to install apps to your Android phone, follow these steps:
1. Ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed for your Spectrum 2 device.
2. Enable USB debugging in your Spectrum 2 phone's settings. This can be done by going into "Settings", then "Developer Options", then Click "OK", then check the "USB debugging".
3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable. You can check to see if everything is in order and that the program can communicate with your phone at this time by clicking the "Settings" (gear) button in programs, then clinking "Connectivity", then "USB connection type", then Click on "Internet Connection" if this doesn't work, try "Media sync (MTP)". "Check for attached device" from the menu that drops down.
4. Click the Select Files (folder) button to select which apps you want to install. Android app files are files with an ".apk" extension. You can select as many apps at once as you wish. Files can also dragged from Windows Explorer and dropped onto the program interface to select them. You can also select files in Windows Explorer, right-click them, then click "Install with Android Injector". It doesn't matter if the program is running or not. If it isn't, it will be opened with those files selected to be installed. This feature can be toggled on and off in the Options menu which is shown by clicking the gear button on the program interface.
5. Click the "Install to device" button and wait for the program to install the apps. Installation status will be shown in the program window. When it's finished, the program will display a report informing you whether or not the apps were installed successfully.
Credit Goes to "Harmony Hollow Software"
OTHER WAYS TO INSTALL APPS: USB Cable, Dropbox, Barcode Scanner & Online Apk Installer
Click on any of the "Green" to open links
- Ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed for your Spectrum 2 device.
- Enable USB debugging in your phone's settings, go to->Settings->Developer Options->OK->USB debugging
- Install File Manager and Root Add-On, for browsing the data on your phones SD card.
- Next download any non-market app file to your PC. See market links bellow.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using your USB cable. Open the SD card and copy or drag over the .apk file.
- Unplug your USB cable from your phone, navigate to the .apk file using File Manager and select it.
- This will open a dialog box allowing you to intall the app.
- Install any .apk Application With Dropbox
- Download any non-market app file to your Dropbox on PC folder. Let it finish syncing.
- Now in your phone, open the "Dropbox.apk" app, navigate to the folder where you keep the apk file, click on it.
- Dropbox will then download the apk file. The usual installation follows.
- Install any .apk Application With Barcode Scanner
- Download Barcode Scanner, I personally prefer "QR Droid" app, but there's several others out there.
- Now use your barcode scanner to download apps on your phone. See directions bellow.
- Install any .apk Application With Online Apk Installer
- The APK Installer makes manual installation of an .apk file much easier. Next download any non-market app.
- Now go to www.apkinstall.com, selelect->"Browse Files" then navigate to your apk file on your PC and select.
- Once you have uploaded the file, a QR code will appear on the website. Scan the QR code using Barcode Scanner.
- After the .apk file has downloaded to your device, you can install it by simply clicking on it and navigating through the installation pages.
- DESKTOP MANAGER PORTABLE: CONNECT PHONE & COMPUTER WITH THREE DIFFERENT OPTIONS
NON-MARKET APP LINKS
Please Click "[✓Like This]
If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
Edited by xXxGeek, 19 March 2013 - 02:46 AM.