RESTORE YOUR SPECTRUM 2 BACK TO CLEAN FACTORY STOCK
AFTER SECURITY ERROR OR OTHER ISSUES (UPDATED 3/24/2014)
I do not take any responsibility for what you do to your device. If you decide to do this, you do so at your own risk.
Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
This will take some time to do, it's not a 5 minute job.
- Download only one of the below firmware you desire.
- Downloaded the >KP500 Utility Tool
- Download >Driver Package and LG Support Tool and install.
- Backup your device if possible >How to backup your spectrum 2.
- Charge your battery to 100% (Unable to Charge See >Charger or >Charger + Battery's)
- Create a folder on your desktop called "LG Tools"
- Extract the "KP500 Utility Tool" into the "LG_Tools" folder.
- Move the firmware you downloaded into the "LG_Tools" folder.
- Remove your battery and remove your memory card.
- Re-insert your battery [not your memory card] and replace the back plate.
REBOOT INTO DOWNLOAD MODE
- Hold down vol up + vol down and Plug in the USB cable to pc while holding both buttons.
- When the download screen come's up on your phone, you can let go of the vol controls.
WINDOWS DEVICE MANAGER
- Open your Device Manager on PC. Click on >Start type in >Device Manager
- Click on the "View" tab at the top left, and check the "Show Hidden Devices"
- Go down list to >Modems >LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Modem and Disable, Right click>Properties >Driver >Disable
Be sure to change the cab input paths below under steps 4 & 5 to match the above firmware you download.
- Open LG_Tools Folder and Run your "KP500-Utils-EN.exe" as administrator. Right click on >Run as administrator
- Next Choose > I "Flash with assistance (file .cab)" and press enter.
- It will show: "Phone Model (KP500)" type in VS930, and press enter.
- Type in the full path of your cab file. To find path name, right click on LG_Folder >Properties >Security >Object name
- i.e. C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTERS NAME\Desktop\LG_Tools\VS93022A_02.S22A_02.P58017.R5.cab and press enter.
- Type in the full file name of your cab without the Cab
- i.e. VS93022A_02.S22A_02.P58017.R5 and press enter.
- Wait until you will see the LG update tool pop up and then a indicator bar will start.
- Next it will stop and you will see a pop up that says "Restart" click on.
Now It will go threw extracting the cab file and then extracting a .bin file
Wait for your phone to finish flashing and let it reboot on its own
Do not unplug USB cable, This will take some time for It to complete!
ONCE THIS IS DONE
- You should see a normal boot process and now use your phone as if it was brand new.
Please ✓ "Like" If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
Edited by xXxGeek, 24 March 2014 - 04:38 PM.