2. 0
  3. 0/5

So bricked...

• Please log in to reply

OP w4rbytez

w4rbytez

• 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18 PM #1

So I just got my new Spectrum 2 to replace my Charge. Got successful root and all but after trying to install Black Plague through RomManager, now my phone won't boot. Did a battery swap to no avail. Plugging in data cable with no joy. I've never bricked a phone before, but I'm assuming its safe to say that this is the case. I have a backup account still registered so I'm still mobile. Time for some good old social engineering =D

Edited by w4rbytez, 07 November 2012 - 10:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

razorloves

razorloves

Android Nut

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:45 AM #2

There arent any roms for your phone. Looks like you flashed an old spectrum 1 ROM. I'd say find a leak of stock firmware, but i can't even find a forum on any site for your phone.
  • 0 Likes

OP w4rbytez

w4rbytez

• 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:54 AM #3

Even if I got stock firmware, the piece won't even turn on. When I plug it into my PC I get the notification that something is conected, but no access to storage, no recovery, no nothing.
  • 0 Likes

poppajules

poppajules

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:47 AM #4

pm'ed.
  • 0 Likes

Lucki

Lucki

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:39 PM #5

Just out of curiousity, since no other forums have a section for the Spectrum II, how did you get root on it? I've been checking for the last several days and so far I have come up with nothing.
  • 0 Likes

OP w4rbytez

w4rbytez

• 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:37 PM #6

Well that is most likely what bricked it. I used the Spectrum 4G Bootloader Pwnage tool. I was told that it worked for the (30 but apparently not. I may have also accidentally installed CWM instead of CWMT (the links on RomManager are very similar). Either way, I played dumb at the Verizon store and they're sending me a new one.
  • 0 Likes

pouxonu

pouxonu

• 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:59 AM #7

Well that is most likely what bricked it. I used the Spectrum 4G Bootloader Pwnage tool. I was told that it worked for the (30 but apparently not. I may have also accidentally installed CWM instead of CWMT (the links on RomManager are very similar). Either way, I played dumb at the Verizon store and they're sending me a new one.

How long were you rooted before the brick? Did you brick after trying to install CWM or after you tried installing the ROM. I'm looking to root mine but haven't tried it yet. You're the first person I know who has had success getting root on the Spec 2, would love to do it myself but if you can clarify a bit more on what happened it would better let me know on what my next step should be.
  • 0 Likes
Emporer Palpatine: " Now get your 7'2" asmatic-tushy back here before I tell everyone what a whiny Female Dog you were about Padamame,or Pandabear, or whatever the hell her name is!!"

OP w4rbytez

w4rbytez

• 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:10 PM #8

After running the .bat, I confirmed root and reboot. Couldn't get into CWMT so I tried flashing it from ROM Manager but I most likely flashed CWM accidentally. I downloaded Black Plague but didn't actually get around to flashing it. I was going to try that through CWMT (since I had issues with RROM manager on my Charge). Last thing I did was flash what I'm betting was CWM.
I ran the pwnage.bat on a whim because LG phones generally keep a pretty consistent structure so I figured it may work and, worst case scenario, leave me with a soft brick I could recover later. Plus, I got the piece relatively cheap on new line. All that aside, I did several reboots and assigned superuser to several apps just to make sure everything was stable and it all was going pretty swimmingly. I even amped the CPU a little. Like I said, the only issue I found was that I couldn't get into CWMT. Pretty sure I would've been fine had it not been for human error (my specialty). I have to occassionally remind myself to relax and breath when I get new toys, lest my overexcitement lead to catastrophe =D

Edited by w4rbytez, 21 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP w4rbytez

w4rbytez

• 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:24 PM #9

If anyone makes any progress, feel free to PM me as I'd like to know any details. There is a great void in the world of the Spectrum II internetz.
  • 0 Likes

Neph

Neph

Android Lover

• 119 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:35 AM #10

http://csmg.lgmobile...k2.jsp?esn=IMEI

Replace "IMEI" with your IMEI from your phone. This will bring up the link to the most up to date firmware for your phone. You won't see anything in IE, so I suggest using Firefox of Chrome. Download the .cab file that will be linked and try using the .cab method to flash the firmware. Either it will work, or it will not work, because LG has started to not put the needed .dll into the files. If it works, please share the link so I can do a write up for others (The file link, not the one with your IMEI). If it doesn't work, open up a command prompt and use the windows "extract" program to open up the .cab and let us know which files are inside.
  • 0 Likes