3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Newb-USCC Mez on AOKP ICS Missing SMS/MMS & can't send MMS

• Please log in to reply

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:18 PM #1

I put the AOKP ICS rom on my Mesmerize a few months ago. I had been using the GB from USCC & it gave no joy. The process was easier than I envisioned-not a huge technical person. I suppose I've been having an issue with not receiving incoming texts (perhaps not sending some as well??) but just noticed this in the last few weeks. I have also been having problems sending & receiving MMS.
I am using Handcent and also tried using the stock msg app as well thinking I could see if it was a Handcent issue but it is not.
I have read some threads about others with the same or similar problems. It appears there is a fix by modifying parts of the Rom but this is so far over my head. I am hoping someone here has the patience to educate me in this realm. I don't have much of a grasp on a lot of the terminology or the OS architecture so making changes to a Rom isn't something I can do by simply reading what others that have a real understanding of the technical aspects of the AOS did to fix specific issues.
I greatly appreciate any help. I don't want to go back to the stock Rom but I can't be without reliable messaging.
Thank You
Howard
  • 0 Likes
Beekeeper for chordomafoundation.org
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1

larryp1962

larryp1962

LUV DEM ANDROIDS

• 856 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:27 PM #2

Why don't you install the latest up to date Jelly Bean Rom??

Here the edited version for the mesmerize...... It's AOKP Milestone 1 ....... MMS WORKS !!

ROM : http://dl.dropbox.co...milestone-1.zip

GAPPS : http://goo.im/gapps/...1011-signed.zip

Wipe data / Wipe cache / Dalvik

Flash rom & gapps

By the way what modem are you running?

Edited by larryp1962, 07 November 2012 - 04:31 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:20 PM #3

Wow-thanks so much for this reply. Have you hear of others having a messaging problem with a non stock ROM? I ask because I'd like to think it is the ROM I have and not USCC service. If it is USCC then I'll have a heck of a time getting them to admit it.

I am so "green" I really don't know what is you mean by "what modem but I will take a stab and give you the information listed under "baseband" hoping this is the same thing:
S:i500.04 K.EH09

I will hopefully hear what you say about this before I flash the JB ROM you suggested. I hate to ask but when I do this flash can you point me to somewhere that will give me the "idiots guide" please. I feel nearly everyone here would know exactly what your directions mean and how to execute this flash but I am not experienced enough to do this with only the instructions you gave.
Thanks again for this help.
  • 0 Likes
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1

larryp1962

larryp1962

LUV DEM ANDROIDS

• 856 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:40 PM #4

Answer to sms & mms problem's .... first of all this your modem as you posted S:i500.04 K.EH09 ( EH09) The EH09 modem sometimes break's SMS and send's blank text. The Rom may not be edited correctly to make MMS work. I'll get to how to change your Modem shortly.

You are on AOKP ICS Correct? If you are continue on... ( If not let me know)

Flashing Instruction's : Put the AOKP JB Milestone Rom & Gapps on your SD card

Long press power button and reboot into recovery.

Wipe data-factory reset / Wipe cache / Wipe dalvik <<< Under advanced

click install zip from sd card

choose zip from sd card

Flash the Rom (some times it takes 2 times) & Flash Gapps / Reboot and that's it

Are you familar with ODIN ? If so this how you change your modem :

Here is the EI20 modem for the mesmerize : http://db.tt/qiGFaeS4 ( download)

Open Odin /Pull Battery / connect USB cable to phone & PC & push down on volume down button / Wait for yellow box to light up / Put the EI20 Modem in Phone Box / ( DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION ) .Click Start.. only takes a few second's

When it say's pass , put the battery back in and let the phone boot up.

That's all there is to it :)

Edited by larryp1962, 08 November 2012 - 06:16 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:52 AM #5

Everything in the "about phone" screen leads me to believe it is AOKP ICS. I was trying to take a screen shot volume down & press/hold power but this didn't seem to work??
The last line reads:
Devious Version
aokp_mesmerizemtd_milestone-6 or something very close to this.
I think the Kernel reads skunk works icyglitch which,I think is the developer information?
I will try your instructions & thank you greatly for your help.
Howard
  • 0 Likes
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1

larryp1962

larryp1962

LUV DEM ANDROIDS

• 856 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:10 AM #6

If you have any questions or have problem feel free to ask.
  • 0 Likes

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:39 PM #7

I now have the EI20 radio installed so I will see how it does. I appreciate this help.
Thanks
Howard
  • 0 Likes
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:20 PM #8

Another question please??? I've been reading some about the APN having an impact on messaging. Is this something I should be aware of? Also the number in the MIN field isn't my number. This should have zero to do with any messaging issues correct?
Thanks
Howard
  • 0 Likes
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1

larryp1962

larryp1962

LUV DEM ANDROIDS

• 856 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:01 PM #9

The *MIN* field is the number for your carrier.

Go to this link and it explains how to edit your apns using the *voice dialer in your apps >>> : http://rootzwiki.com...ms-apn-settings

If you flash the AOKP JB rom i posted ... i know the apns are correct because i edited them inside the rom itself
  • 0 Likes

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM #10

I will be flashing the JB from tonight hopefully. The radio change doesn't seem to have made any difference.
I looked at the instructions for the apn change but they are for AOSP??? I am not confident this will work so being that you feel the JB will work on the mez I will do this. You mentioned you made changes to this From. Did you developed the AOKP JB Rom?
Do I do all the precautionary backing up or is this sort of a "minor" flash?Your instructions say I should wipe certain files so I suspect it would mean doing all I did for the GB to AOKP ICS.
Thanks
Howard
  • 0 Likes
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1