1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

1 votes

[GUIDE][VZW] Jelly Bean Factory Image (Root/Recovery/Unlocked Bootloader) **UPDATED 11/9**

• Please log in to reply

OP Open1Your1Eyes0

Open1Your1Eyes0

Android Beginner

• 168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:26 PM #21

anyone use this as their daily driver yet? Notice any issue? Is this the official verizon update?

My daily driver since its release, no major issues and would recommend others as daily driver as well.

Ok. Im a little confused here. Having some issues. I have the rom installed via odin and i flashed cwm touch recovery via odin but now when i try to reboot recovery to install the bootloader/root zip file.... it wont let me into the custom recovery because i dont yet have root. Make sense to anyone? Where am i going wrong here?

If you are trying to boot to recovery from the OS it won't work since you indeed have to be rooted to be able to do that from the OS.

Reposting this from my source thread:

Follow all of Step 2 one more time. Then once you are done, power off your phone and hold down home + volume up. Then press and hold the power button and as soon as the phone vibrates, let go of power but keep holding home + volume up until you see it boot into recovery. As soon as you see "Samsung Galaxy S III" logo (not just the word "Samsung), right after that the next screen is it boots into recovery.

• 0 Likes

Posted Image

Posted Image

OP Open1Your1Eyes0

Open1Your1Eyes0

Android Beginner

• 168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:38 PM #22

Everyone stay tuned, new leak (courtesy of a source who wishes to remain anonymous) and big thread update coming tonight. I am editing this thread as just a link to the source since I don't visit rootzwiki as often. However I will update the title as new updates come out.

Edited by Open1Your1Eyes0, 08 November 2012 - 07:39 PM.

• 1 Likes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Krime922

Krime922

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:58 PM #23

Anyone notice that there is no selection for vibrate on silent mode only etc? it vibrates and plays sound on everything unless you reduce the vibration intensity to zero? Am I missing something since Jelly Bean has a slightly different setting user face?
  • 0 Likes

Kulahpac

Kulahpac

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:19 AM #24

Got it thank you. I was holding the power button too long i guess. I didnt know you have to let go after it vibrates. It kept looking like it was goin to boot recovery (with the notice in the corner) and it would just end up booting normal. I ended up erasing everything on my phone and almost bricking it yesterday trying to switch back and forth between roms because i couldnt get it and it turned out to be somethinng that simple. Luckily i backed it up about a week ago so i should be able to get most of it back Thanks so much for the help.
  • 0 Likes

bludevil35

bludevil35

Android Apprentice

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:49 AM #25

Has anyone been able to tether wirelessly with this yet.

I know FoxFi worked on the stock rom, but now it's saying that it can't.

Does anyone have suggestions?
  • 0 Likes
SGS3-- powered by Verizon LTE, never wifi

OP Open1Your1Eyes0

Open1Your1Eyes0

Android Beginner

• 168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:20 AM #26

Has anyone been able to tether wirelessly with this yet.

I know FoxFi worked on the stock rom, but now it's saying that it can't.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Highly recommend this app, the moment you open it it starts the native tethering by bypassing the subscription check. Not a single issue yet.

https://play.google....gy.wifi.hotspot
  • 2 Likes

Posted Image

Posted Image

itzgman

itzgman

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:33 PM #27

Is anyone else having issues with wifi hotspot/tether?
I can get it to connect with the native hotspot or foxfi...but even with a dhcp issued ip it wont get online....
  • 0 Likes

joemcp

joemcp

• 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 AM #28

I've been noticing that battery doesn't charge as fast. Anyone else having that issue or a solutions?

Thanks,

Joe
  • 0 Likes