Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[HOW TO][SCRIPT] V6 SuperCharger, Loopy Smoothness, & More

• Please log in to reply

OP hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:51 AM #1

I have this on XDA but I realize that not everyone frequents that forum, so I'm posting these here as well.

First and foremost, as always, I am in no way responsible for what happens to your phone. Hundreds of kittens will not die if you refuse to use these tweaks. Therefore no one is forcing you, use it at your own risk.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the scripts.

The V6 SuperCharger - OP can be found HERE

Many thanks to Zeppelinrox for the great script. Make sure to visit his OP to thank (and possibly donate to) him yourself!

The V6 SuperCharger is a memory fix to put it simply. It rearranges OOM Groupings and fixes priorities for the Android's built in task killer. For more info visit the OP! (There's a lot there)

First and foremost, I recommend reading the OP thoroughly. Any and all questions you may have can be answered by doing this. I know it's probably not going to happen but I can dream, right?

*NOTE: Before beginning installation, check your /system/xbin folder to see if you have busybox already installed. There have also been reports of busybox being in /system/bin, check there too (Thanks to tuckmobile). Usually it doesn't matter but this has been a known problem for Humble users. So proceed to Installation(B).

-Installation(A)

1. Download the V6_SuperCharger_for_Android_update*.sh.txt file and put it on your sd card.
2. Download busybox installer and script manager from the market.
2(A). Go in to menu > advanced settings > config and make sure "browse as root" is checked. (Thanks to Danzanzio for the reminder)
3. Install busybox v1.18.2
4. Run script manager and open the V6_SuperCharger file. Make sure to run as ROOT.
5. Select a text scrolling speed. 2 is suitable if you plan to read all the lines.
6. Choose a setting. 6 is a good place to start. Personally I use option 8.
7. Now choose option 11. This will fix the OMM groupings.
8. Then enter option 16 to reboot your phone. Option 20 in update 3. (It will happen immediately)
9. Go back and run the script again. If the current minfrees match the previous minfrees (These lines are right under the 1-17 menu options), then the settings stuck and you're good to go!

-Installation(B)

1. Go to /system/xbin (or /system/bin depending on where busybox is installed on your phone) and rename busybox to busybox.bak
2. Go back to Installation(A) and start at step #3.
(Thanks to Triton302 for working to help figure this out)

*If for some reason the your current and prior minfrees are not matching, then please do the following:

1. Go to /system/etc/init.d
1(A). If /system/etc/init.d doesn't exist, check /data instead.
2. Select the 99SuperCharger file and choose to "Run as Root" and "Run on Boot"
3. Re-run the original V6 SuperCharger script and reboot.

GummyCharged 2.0 Users! - You will find that no matter what you do, your minfree values will not stick. This is because imoseyon has made it this way. The values he provides are good ones, but if you want to change them regardless follow these instructions.

-Go into your init.d folder and edit the 98tweaks file. There you will find two lines looking like:

echo "3000, 4000, 10000, 10000, 20000, 20000" >
/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

All that you have to do is put a "# " in front of each of those lines. Omit the quotes and make sure there is a space between the "#" and the lines.

*If for some reason you cannot access the /data folder, you can try Gscript. It is another Zeppelinrox script that should create the init.d folder. (I have not used this script before because I have not had the need, but users have confirmed that it works.)

Here is the OP for Gscript: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1017291
(Thanks to fortesquieu for bringing this to my attention)

Zepp also has the 3g TurboCharger and the KickAssKernel tweaks. If you are going to use the KickAssKernel, make sure to use the one WITHOUT the IO scheduler. It was causing me to bootloop.

*If you are experiencing problems with video streaming (youtube, ect) after applying the newest KAK, you can fix this by editing the KAK file in the init.d folder. Change:
vm.min_free_kbytes=8192;

to,

vm.min_free_kbytes=4096;

- Zepp has released a test update for the V6 SuperCharger, it's on the same page as the 3g TC and the KAK if you want to give it a go. BTW the Nitro Lag Nullifier is the same as the null value build.prop edits listed below, so don't use it twice by mistake.

For those curious about what the KickAssKernel tweaks actually do, Zepp recently posted some links for insight. Give them a look if you want, he posted the links HERE.

People have been asking if the 3g TurboCharger affects 4g at all. So here's before and after speed tests. Decide for yourself.

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by hazard209, 12 October 2011 - 07:34 AM.

• 4 Likes

Device: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Latest Faux Kernel

OP hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:51 AM #2

Loopy Smoothness Script - OP can be found HERE and eoghan2t7's tutorial from which I found this script is HERE

Many thanks to lpy for creating this script and to eoghan2t7 for creating his tutorial and continuing to pass this script along. Make sure to visit their OPs to thank (and possible donate) to them!

***FIRST AND FOREMOST YOU NEED TO HAVE THE INIT.D FOLDER FOR THIS SCRIPT TO BE ABLE TO RUN.***

- So be sure to check /system/etc for the init.d folder. If you do not have this folder, try Gscript.

GummyCharged 2.0 Users! - The Loopy Smoothness Tweak is already cooked into the ROM. You do NOT have to install the zip. Just get straight to adding processes you want!

Installation:

1. Download the Loopy Smoothness zip.
2. Put it on your SD card and flash using CWM.
3. Check /system/etc/init.d for 97loopy_smoothness_tweak (90Loopy in GC 2.0) using script manager.
4. Mount system as RW and open the 97loopy_smoothness_tweak (90Loopy) in text editor.
5. At the top of the script you will see USER_LAUNCHER="". This is where you will enter your launcher. You can find the process name for your launcher in /data/data. EX: com.android.launcher, org.adw.launcher, com.fede.launcher
6. If you scroll down some more, you will see different sections labelled "Resident system apps", "Other system apps", and "Other apps". On each line you will see a variable, PNAME="", here is where you will enter the process name of the apps that you wish to be stored in the cache.

*Once again, you can find the process names for your launcher and apps in the /data/data folder.

*Some apps are preloaded into the script. Feel free to change them.

*If you are using a line with "#" in front of it, be sure to remove the pound sign first or that line will not be used. Also edit the number of processes being used if you are adding more. It is the PROCESS_TOTAL variable.

Edited by hazard209, 31 August 2011 - 05:56 AM.

• 1 Likes

OP hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:51 AM #3

Here are some build.prop tweaks that you can try if you want. These have been discovered and tested by user's within Zepp's V6 SuperCharger thread and are relatively new. Use them at your own risk! Please post your results with these seeing as they are still experimental.

Add either one of these to the end of build.prop (NOT BOTH). They help to improve snappiness of the overall system:

Thanks to rafalo1333, Zeppelinrox, and Dorimanx for their work in developing these!

ENFORCE_PROCESS_LIMIT=false
MAX_SERVICE_INACTIVITY=
MIN_HIDDEN_APPS=
MAX_HIDDEN_APPS=
CONTENT_APP_IDLE_OFFSET=
EMPTY_APP_IDLE_OFFSET=
MAX_ACTIVITIES=
ACTIVITY_INACTIVE_RESET_TIME=
ENFORCE_PROCESS_LIMIT=false
MAX_SERVICE_INACTIVITY=false
MIN_HIDDEN_APPS=false
MAX_HIDDEN_APPS=false
CONTENT_APP_IDLE_OFFSET=false
EMPTY_APP_IDLE_OFFSET=false
MAX_ACTIVITIES=false
ACTIVITY_INACTIVITY_RESET_TIME=false
MAX_RECENT_TASKS=false
MIN_RECENT_TASKS=false
APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME=false
MAX_PROCESSES=false
PROC_START_TIMEOUT=false
CPU_MIN_CHECK_DURATION=false
GC_TIMEOUT=false
SERVICE_TIMEOUT=false
MIN_CRASH_INTERVAL=false

*More to come.

Edited by hazard209, 31 August 2011 - 05:57 AM.

• 1 Likes

Halo

Halo

H.M.F.I.C.

• 289 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:13 AM #4

Just installed this (I'm over at XDA as well, but had to tweak my screen name a bit there) Install went flawlessly. Thanks for the great write-up.
  • 0 Likes
Keep Calm and Chive On.

OP hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:17 AM #5

Just installed this (I'm over at XDA as well, but had to tweak my screen name a bit there) Install went flawlessly. Thanks for the great write-up.

Thought that was you. That's actually what made me think to post them over here. :androidwink: Glad you're liking them!
  • 0 Likes

gumballhead

gumballhead

Android Apprentice

• 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:30 AM #6

Thanks for posting here - I've been using this for the last week or so, as I've been frustrated with home screen redraws. I'm using GC 2.0, V6 supercharger (settings stick, balanced 8), loopy smoothness (com.android.launcher added), and 98 KAK. I also just added the second string of code lsited to my build prop. I am still getting some redraws, but not quite as bad as before. That is to say they still occur, but seem to redraw faster now. i notice them primarily coming from the desktop and car docks, although they have happened when unlocking the device too.

Am I missing something here? Will I be able to eliminate these frustratingly slow redraws? Maybe I am not tweaked as well as I c/should be?

Thanks!
  • 0 Likes
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

OP hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:38 AM #7

Thanks for posting here - I've been using this for the last week or so, as I've been frustrated with home screen redraws. I'm using GC 2.0, V6 supercharger (settings stick, balanced 8), loopy smoothness (com.android.launcher added), and 98 KAK. I also just added the second string of code lsited to my build prop. I am still getting some redraws, but not quite as bad as before. That is to say they still occur, but seem to redraw faster now. i notice them primarily coming from the desktop and car docks, although they have happened when unlocking the device too.

Am I missing something here? Will I be able to eliminate these frustratingly slow redraws? Maybe I am not tweaked as well as I c/should be?

Thanks!

Hmmm. Well you say you ran option 8, but did you disable Imoseyon's minfrees first? Did you use option 11 as well? And as for loopy smoothness, did you install the zip or use the one that came cooked with the ROM? I believe the docks activate their own processes, did you include those withing Loopy Smoothness?

I am glad it has improved your system. Have you tried OC/UV at all?
  • 0 Likes

gumballhead

gumballhead

Android Apprentice

• 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:48 AM #8

Thanks!

I set the 99supercharger to run at boot, and it made my settings stick...err it did stick once. Looks like i need to disable Imoseyon's minfrees. I did run 11 for OOM as well. As for loopy, used the zip through CWM. I've not added any processes to the loopy yet, do you think that might help?

As for OC/UV, I'm about to try some settings right now. On my DX i was undervolted and overclocked, and it worked great, battery lasted forever. Hoping to get more up time with the charge.
  • 0 Likes
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

OP hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:52 AM #9

I set the 99supercharger to run at boot, and it made my settings stick...err it did stick once. Looks like i need to disable Imoseyon's minfrees. I did run 11 for OOM as well. As for loopy, used the zip through CWM. I've not added any processes to the loopy yet, do you think that might help?

As for OC/UV, I'm about to try some settings right now. On my DX i was undervolted and overclocked, and it worked great, battery lasted forever. Hoping to get more up time with the charge.

Also set the 99SuperCharger file to run as root. For loopy smoothness, since you're on 2.0 it's already baked in there and could by installing it twice you may have caused some conflict. Just delete the 97loopy_smoothness_tweak file from init.d and make your desired edits in the 90loopy file. I think that should help some as well.

Visit the Voltage Control thread for advice on settings and info!
  • 0 Likes

gumballhead

gumballhead

Android Apprentice

• 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:00 AM #10

Thanks - I'll make some revisions, and let you know.
  • 0 Likes