msassounian, on 11 November 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:
no one has firmly answered this yet, but a couple of us had the same issue and it was fixed by flashing the JB leak. i've been where you are right now, and it sounds like you're doing it perfectly correctly. but you need to be on the JB leak.
I among others had a lot of issues flashing this ROM and/or getting safestrap to work correctly. I finally got things straightened out, but it took a lot of tinkering
and a ridiculous amount of flashing. I know the HD Utility works for most, but on my phone it continued to hang on the restore. No idea why. I resorted to SBF
and RSD Lite. These are the steps that I took to get things working.....
1. SBF back to stock using RSD Lite.
2. Install 0.7.2 update.
4. Update SU and
5. Install OTA Rootkeeper FROM THE MARKET. For some reason installing via the utility didn't work for me.
6. Open OTA Rootkeeper. Select Protect Root, then select Temp Unroot.
7. Reboot into the Stock Recovery. Update from external, select the JB Leak, install, reboot when finished.
8. Open OTA Rootkeeper, select restore root. You may notice one box not checked when you do this.
9. Open SU, Check for Binary update, update binaries.
10. Go back to OTA Rootkeeper, all boxes should be checked now.
Congratulations, you have JB + Root. Half the battle is over!
11. Install Safestrap!
12. Power down and boot into Safestrap.
14. Once your back up is complete, create Rom Slot 1.
15. Activate Rom Slot 1.
16. Restore the stock back up to Rom Slot 1.
17. Once restore is complete install the JB stock slot fix. this step is no longer necessary if you have the latest version of Safestrap.
18. Reboot into your JB leak on Rom Slot 1.
19. Power down. Go back into Safestrap. Now, I chose to flash dirty. Directly over the leak and I have no issues. You may want to do a FDR before installing.
20. Install Vitreous onto Rom Slot 1. Install G apps.
21. Here I reflashed JB stock slot fix. Maybe unnecessary, but it had been a day and a half messing with this bastard child phone... just go with it.
Again, not necessary with newest version of SS3.
Hope this helps someone. This phone is definitely *special*.
Edited by ducats, 19 November 2012 - 07:34 AM.