Rate this Topic

7 votes

[ROM] Vitreous 1.9.3 - 03/03/2013 - [Jelly Bean] [4.1 / 4.2]

• Please log in to reply

nnnnr12

nnnnr12

• 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:13 AM #321

I like that falcons shirt they have out there.. The one that says I wish I could be with my sister to watch her have our first kid but instead I'm going to the saints game in new Orleans lol. Fits atl fans well :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Not really just a stereotype.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

ducats

ducats

Flash Me

• 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:27 AM #322

no one has firmly answered this yet, but a couple of us had the same issue and it was fixed by flashing the JB leak. i've been where you are right now, and it sounds like you're doing it perfectly correctly. but you need to be on the JB leak.

I among others had a lot of issues flashing this ROM and/or getting safestrap to work correctly. I finally got things straightened out, but it took a lot of tinkering
and a ridiculous amount of flashing. I know the HD Utility works for most, but on my phone it continued to hang on the restore. No idea why. I resorted to SBF
and RSD Lite. These are the steps that I took to get things working.....

1. SBF back to stock using RSD Lite.
2. Install 0.7.2 update.
3. Root!
4. Update SU and SU binaries.
5. Install OTA Rootkeeper FROM THE MARKET. For some reason installing via the utility didn't work for me.
6. Open OTA Rootkeeper. Select Protect Root, then select Temp Unroot.
7. Reboot into the Stock Recovery. Update from external, select the JB Leak, install, reboot when finished.
8. Open OTA Rootkeeper, select restore root. You may notice one box not checked when you do this.
9. Open SU, Check for Binary update, update binaries.
10. Go back to OTA Rootkeeper, all boxes should be checked now.

Congratulations, you have JB + Root. Half the battle is over!

11. Install Safestrap!
12. Power down and boot into Safestrap.
13. Backup!
14. Once your back up is complete, create Rom Slot 1.
15. Activate Rom Slot 1.
16. Restore the stock back up to Rom Slot 1.
17. Once restore is complete install the JB stock slot fix. this step is no longer necessary if you have the latest version of Safestrap.
18. Reboot into your JB leak on Rom Slot 1.
19. Power down. Go back into Safestrap. Now, I chose to flash dirty. Directly over the leak and I have no issues. You may want to do a FDR before installing.
20. Install Vitreous onto Rom Slot 1. Install G apps.
21. Here I reflashed JB stock slot fix. Maybe unnecessary, but it had been a day and a half messing with this bastard child phone... just go with it.
Again, not necessary with newest version of SS3.
22. Reboot.
23. Win.

Hope this helps someone. This phone is definitely *special*.

Edited by ducats, 19 November 2012 - 07:34 AM.

• 1 Likes

krazyace38

krazyace38

Android crack flasher and IT Pro

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:33 AM #323

Ok everyone I've done a lot of searching for the answer everyone has wanted to know about installing jb over ics.
As for running the stock JB rom in a rom slot while your stock rom is on ICS...It can't be done , because #1 hashcode hasn't released a method for ICS...
And #2 because you'd be running stock JB on the stock ICS kernel and that won't work.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk
  • 1 Likes

ducats

ducats

Flash Me

• 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:07 AM #324

Ok everyone I've done a lot of searching for the answer everyone has wanted to know about installing jb over ics.
As for running the stock JB rom in a rom slot while your stock rom is on ICS...It can't be done , because #1 hashcode hasn't released a method for ICS...
And #2 because you'd be running stock JB on the stock ICS kernel and that won't work.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

Yeah i think that is what has given a lot of people fits. We were all under the impression we could run
everything just from the open box platform. Which we now know, simply won't work. Those that come
after us will have a much easier time! lol
  • 0 Likes

msassounian

msassounian

Android Lover

• 138 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:50 PM #325

They will most definitely have an easier time haha. As long as they read this thread!

I have a couple questions about the ROM now that I've been using it a couple days.

1. Is there a way we can customize the animation of opening and switching apps? I remember seeing that jb is supposed to open up nicely from the corner. This seems do it from the center.

2. In the task manager you think we could get a kill all tasks button instead of swiping them all individually?
  • 0 Likes

Farbulus

Farbulus

Android Beginner

• 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:39 PM #326

Another thing that you could bring over from CM is the long press 'back' to kill app. I love that feature.
  • 0 Likes

nnnnr12

nnnnr12

• 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:41 PM #327

Another thing that you could bring over from CM is the long press 'back' to kill app. I love that feature.

Studies have shown that, that feature does more harm than good to your phone.

• 0 Likes

Farbulus

Farbulus

Android Beginner

• 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:04 PM #328

Studies have shown that, that feature does more harm than good to your phone.

oh really....hmm I guess I didn't know that.
  • 0 Likes

nnnnr12

nnnnr12

• 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM #329

oh really....hmm I guess I didn't know that.

We learn something new everyday. At least you learned nicely, I suggested it for a rom a couple of months back and everyone on the forum flamed me because it was a bad idea.

Edited by nnnnr12, 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM.

• 1 Likes

Inkdaddy66

Inkdaddy66

Android Master

• 561 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:16 PM #330

We learn something new everyday. At least you learned nicely, I suggested it for a rom a couple of months back and everyone on the forum flamed me because it was a bad idea.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  • 0 Likes
SNITCHES GET STITCHES