Rate this Topic

- - - - -

S-off directions

• Please log in to reply

OP eric@thechinman.com

eric@thechinman.com

• 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:25 AM #1

I have been trying to make the leap and finally go s-off. I found a great tool, an app built by the same dude who made it easy to push amonra to my phone, but I have one small problem. the video linked does not show you HOW to do it... I know about what I need to do, I understand there are wires involved, and such....

Does anybody have the simple 10 step version on how to do this? I need to know which holes to place the wire in and how..
  • 0 Likes

skynet11

skynet11

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:48 PM #2

Here's an instruction thread for achieving S-Off for the Rezound: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1612035
  • 0 Likes

Terminators run on Android... Except the ones I sent to find John Connor... They were running iOS :P
Rootzwiki Rules: troll-resistant and flame-retardant

OP eric@thechinman.com

eric@thechinman.com

• 30 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:21 AM #3

Yeah, after reading that, my head hurts.... does it really need to be this complicated?
  • 0 Likes

skynet11

skynet11

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:08 AM #4

Unfortunately, I have found no other reliable guide for achieving S-Off for this phone.
  • 0 Likes

Terminators run on Android... Except the ones I sent to find John Connor... They were running iOS :P
Rootzwiki Rules: troll-resistant and flame-retardant

shrike1978

shrike1978

Hacker Wannabe

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:45 PM #5

Go to http://unlimited.io and follow the instructions and videos there. It's very explicit instructions there.
  • 0 Likes
Device: HTC Rezound
ROM: CounterShrike 2.1
Kernel: Funky Kernel 1.4

jpnestel

jpnestel

Android Beginner

• 140 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:07 AM #6

Is threre a way to tell if I have s-off ? I got a rezound from craigslist and it has a custom Rom on it. Venom or something like that. I assume that means I'm at least unlocked and I do have root but am new to htc so the whole s-off thing I'm not sure about

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

shrike1978

shrike1978

Hacker Wannabe

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:35 PM #7

Best way is to boot into hboot. It will say in the info.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

OP eric@thechinman.com

eric@thechinman.com

• 30 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:10 PM #8

I have given up on this.... The video that shows you how to "do the wire trick" has been taken down. When it was up, it did not show you which spots to place the wire anyway. Without knowing exactly where to place the wire, the video was really of no value anyway...

At this point, the last rom I have seen for our phone was posted in August... I do not see any new ones anyway... I think our phone has been considered obsolete, and not worth working on anymore... which is really sad...
  • 0 Likes

shrike1978

shrike1978

Hacker Wannabe

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:36 PM #9

I have given up on this.... The video that shows you how to "do the wire trick" has been taken down. When it was up, it did not show you which spots to place the wire anyway. Without knowing exactly where to place the wire, the video was really of no value anyway...

At this point, the last rom I have seen for our phone was posted in August... I do not see any new ones anyway... I think our phone has been considered obsolete, and not worth working on anymore... which is really sad...

This isn't explicit enough for you?

http://unlimited.io/...es/wt_vigor.jpg

Also, there are no really no Rezound devs on this site. Go to the other big one. There is *tons* of development there.

Edited by shrike1978, 28 November 2012 - 06:37 PM.

• 1 Likes

OP eric@thechinman.com

eric@thechinman.com

• 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:05 AM #10

I found tons of roms here....

I have flashed a few, and I am running ICS now... All my co-workers are running jellybean, but there are no jellybean roms out there yet for our phone. I think though, even as much as we would hope to see Cyanogen or some other AKOP rom, it may never happen. There are just too many other better phones out there already...
  • 0 Likes