1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Verizon and the Nexus 4

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Verizon and the Nexus 4 (123 member(s) have cast votes)

How much do you want the Nexus 4?

1. Not enough to switch from Verizon (71 votes [57.72%])

Percentage of vote: 57.72%

2. Im switching carriers for it (52 votes [42.28%])

Percentage of vote: 42.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

OP Kprz24

Kprz24

Grasshopper

• 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:13 AM #1

Since any thread relatively similar isn't allowed ... As we all know there is no CDMA or LTE support in the Nexus 4 and there seems to be no plans on changing that. So are you going to part ways with Verizon to buy this phone or is it a deal breaker?

I am considering starting a petition towards Verizon for not getting the Nexus 4 would any of you be interested? Have any ideas on wording?

Edited by Kprz24, 06 November 2012 - 09:16 PM.

• 1 Likes

bagheadinc

bagheadinc

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:35 AM #2

I'd never choose a carrier based on a phone.
  • 7 Likes

grooves12

grooves12

• 28 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:59 AM #3

I'm not switching specifically for this phone, but I am switching because I'm tired of their horrible customer unfriendly policies. Their new share everything plans are overly expensive and I will be forced to switch to one once i am due for an upgrade. Instead I will port five lines to another carrier likely to tmobile since they actually give a discount if you bring your own hardware.

Edited by grooves12, 01 November 2012 - 11:02 AM.

• 7 Likes

CaucasianAsian

CaucasianAsian

Super User

• 258 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:05 PM #4

Since I am one of the grandfathered Unlimited data users switching isn't an option. (for me anyway)

Do I want the N4? OH HELL YEA! But unless it comes to VZW I'll be sticking with my GNex. Keeping an eye on the HTC DROID DNA/ J Butterfly/ HTC DLX/ whatever they wanna call it.
  • 5 Likes

drose6102

drose6102

Android Noob

• 115 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:37 PM #5

Verizon has been continuously rustling my jimmies. From their locked down phones, blocking Google walet, forcing new customers on shared plans, over priced plans which they try to justify with unlimited text and voice, and their tv commercials that only tell half the truth and mislead customers, I have had enough.

I just ordered a tmobile sim and will be trying monthly 4G. If the service doesn't work for my needs I will be going with AT&T straight talk. I thank the Nexus 4 for giving me that last reason to branch out and take a chance with another carrier. I will choose the carrier that works best in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 8 Likes
If someone helped you please click the like button its over there ----------------------------------->>>>>

mcf517

mcf517

• 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:53 AM #6

I can be pretty impulsive, but the etf is what might make me stay with vzw. I am also grandfathered into unlimited data, but the two places I use it the most, home and work, don't have good 4g coverage. So the no 4g thing and unlimited data just don't really affect me in my situation. I'm estimating my etf is 200 bucks, which is swaying me to stay. If custom roms can make my phone feel up to date, I might be able to control my impulsive nature, might...

I know many people are perfectly content with the gnex, but I'm obsessed with getting it to run as smooth as iOS. the s4 and 2gb of ram should help scratch that itch. I've read hardware acceleration takes up a lot of ram so perhaps I'll get less stutters with the s4.

I have to admit, I'm totally envious of how nicely windows phone and ios run... and the n4 might bridge that gap a bit. It's a pretty irrational reason for switching carriers to get this phone considering the etf, but I'm not claiming to be all that bright, honestly...

Oh, and I'd love to stick it to vzw...
  • 1 Likes

TwinShadow

TwinShadow

The Shadow within Android

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:30 AM #7

I'm personally not even bothering with the Nexus 4. LG has never been known for good hardware or anything, and I don't know how well they are with timely updates to the Android OS. Besides, I never liked LG to begin with.. I would like to have a Nexus phone, but from what I heard from the Galaxy Nexus, it has swayed me to not get it, even on Verizon.

For now, I'm sticking to Verizon since we get a discount based on where my mom works anyway. Besides, another reason I wouldn't switch is because Verizon has better coverage in my area, unlike AT&T who I was with for several years. Horrible customer service and them trying to make me seem like an idiot trying to paint me as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about really insults me. (and for the record, I do know what I'm talking about 99% of the time) That's why I ditched AT&T for good and have been good on Verizon since. I don't like their policies as much as the next person, but let's face it, their coverage is far better where I live. May differ in other areas, so opinions are just that.

One last note, I'm not totally bothered by the locked/encrypted bootloader situation. Is it a setback for development? Sure. Do I care? Not really. As long as I can flash an AOSP ROM on a Motorola phone eventually, its fine by me. Kernel updates, kexec, and all that don't bother me all that much for my phone. That's why I don't really care about the bootloader situation.
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

dnyor93

dnyor93

Android Baws

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:07 PM #8

Add an '' I'm 16 and can't do sh*t about it /: "
  • 7 Likes
Hello. I've noticed you're reading this. That is all.

vanhoud

vanhoud

Android Lover

• 129 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM #9

I'm personally not even bothering with the Nexus 4. LG has never been known for good hardware or anything, and I don't know how well they are with timely updates to the Android OS.. .

It's getting a little tiresome to constantly see people saying they wouldn't think about getting the nexus 4 because LG never makes good hardware. Isn't it possible they could? Especially when Google is involved in the Q&A process? Every nexus 4 review I've read says the build quality is exceptional

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by vanhoud, 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM.

• 7 Likes

CaucasianAsian

CaucasianAsian

Super User

• 258 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:57 PM #10

It's getting a little tiresome to constantly see people saying they wouldn't think about getting the nexus 4 because LG never makes good hardware. Isn't it possible they could? Especially when Google is involved in the Q&A process? Every nexus 4 review I've read says the build quality is exceptional

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sounds to me that everyone just wants a reason to hate it. I have hated LG ever since I dropped $600 on the Dare! (wtf right?) But that doesn't mean I'm going to hate the N4 just because LG made it. Keep the past in the past people. Google is directly involved with this phone meaning, the software will be great AND the hardware will be great!
  • 3 Likes