Android OS Forum banner

[D2G CM9] Build 08192012 for GSM Users

17K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  fabianzippo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've been working on implementing some stability and saving on battery for D2G CM9, I know that I have made arrangements that are small, but I've seen a difference when using them, that's why I share them with you.

Remember, I'm not dev, use this at your own risk

You must follow the instructions in the main post, here: http://rootzwiki.com...9-build-thread/

This work is focused on GSM users, CDMA users will not see any difference in this work.

All the credit goes to the lead developer bikedude880, x13thangelx and people who have collaborated to develop CM9

Changelog v1.2 :

Testing the / system / bin / battd to let go to deep sleep, (EXPERIMENTAL)

Added to build.prop:

#Wireless Speed Tweaks
persist.telephony.support.ipv6=1
persist.telephony.support.ipv4=1

#Performance
debug.sf.hw=1
persist.sys.ui.hw=1
debug.composition.type=gpu
debug.egl.hw=1
debug.egl.profiler=1
video.acelerate.hw=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

NOTE: Be careful when testing this version, the file battd is experimental, I've tried it and work for me.

NOTE 2 : If you find some tweak, to improve performance of the battery, or to repair something in CM9, share it here and add it to the rom.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?upb1crvh52csbft

Changelog v1.1 :

Some tweaks in /system/framework/framework-res.apk:

framework-res\res\values

true ( Unplug USB Don´t turn on screen )
true ( I like this )

Added UNLIMITED™tweaks from mv_style in build.prop to improve battery and Wireless, post here:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1747697

######################
## UNLIMITED™TWEAKS ##
######################

# Power Saving Tweaks
pm.sleep_mode=1

# Disables data sent and logging
ro.config.nocheckin=1
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1

# Website Bypass
net.rmnet0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.rmnet0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.dns2=8.8.4.4

# Wireless Speed Tweaks
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0
net.ipv4.route.flush=1
net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337=1
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc=0
net.ipv4.tcp_sack=1
net.ipv4.tcp_fack=1
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=1
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps=1
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem=4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem=4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_mem=187000 187000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save=1
net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf=1

# Signal Tweaks
persist.cust.tel.eons=1

Download v1.1: http://www.mediafire...1t871216x91g2fh

Changelog:

* Added bootmenu (tnks to wizard0f0s)

* Fixed Signal Strength ( only for GSM users ) I replace this files /system/framework/framework.jar/android/telephony/SignalStrength.smali and SignalStrength$1.smali

* Create file init.mapphone_umts.rc ( improve stability and fix Charge Only Mode for GSM users ) I add this file to /system/etc/hijack-boot.zip/newboot/

* Change the line ro.telephony.default_network=3 ( for GSM users )

Still need to add some fixes, which is why we need some testers, if anyone has any fix to add, please share it here and can be added to this rom, I have yet to edit the framework-res.apk to add a detail, but I need some time.

Warning: I could not test this rom, I hope tonight flash and report how it works.

Download: http://www.mediafire...7o7vbgp9ssbo7w5

See less See more
#13 ·
To avoid this, simply disable the two options of "animation" from the menu "development options" (defaults are in 0.5x):
Window animation scale = "animation disabled"
Transition animation scale = "animation disabled"
That will make a lot of savings in the battery especially in deep sleeps

#26 ·
thank you for your efforts!could you fix the GSM data'bug of CM9 at 3.20,i am using this ROM to make MIUIv4 from defy.but the network of GSM and WCDMA data can not in useful.thank you ,waiting for your reply(
)
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using RootzWiki

#29 ·
thank you for your efforts!could you fix the GSM data'bug of CM9 at 3.20,i am using this ROM to make MIUIv4 from defy.but the network of GSM and WCDMA data can not in useful.thank you ,waiting for your reply(
)
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using RootzWiki
Sorry it took so long to answer, I've been pretty busy, in theory, to repair CDMA and GSM Data, you need to replace the files in framework.jar ($ RIL.smali,) version 3.20 has many problems, I've been trying to run MIUI v4 with this version but without success, this coming weekend will try to do it again.

#30 ·
Anyone having Wifi issues? My problem is similar to the one described here:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Jabberwockish, on 09 August 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:[/background]
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]

I'm having a bizarre WiFi problem that I haven't seen mentioned before. WiFi works just fine for awhile, then mysteriously…doesn't. I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and notice that it's disconnected from WiFi and using 3G data instead. The weird part is, when I open Settings, WiFi is still turned on-and cannot be turned off! Even if I enable airplane mode, WiFi still shows as "on."

Rebooting fixes it (it's usually already connected to my home network by the time the lock screen appears, and the switches in both Settings and the status bar power widget work properly), but I don't want to reboot every few hours….

D2G, CM9 7/26 build.[/background]

The only response in the thread was a reference to this post by bikedude:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Don't call it broken until you have tried EVERYTHING. There are thousands of other users who have no issues with it at all. The handful that do (and I kid you not, it /is/ only a handful) either have a certain brand of router or some crazy off-the-wall encryption method. Yes, I /have/ myself seen wifi have issues connecting, but only on my friends router.[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Take it from a dev of CM9 for this family of Motorola phones. It /is/ technically our software to blame, but it's your hardware that's causing it.[/background]

I'm sure it's not anything related to the router and encryption method because the phone wont even show the available wifi networks. Wifi toggle is turned on but no networks shown, and the toggle cannot be turned off, even in airplane mode. Rebooting fixes it, but its quite annoying.

#31 ·
Anyone having Wifi issues? My problem is similar to the one described here:

[…]

I'm sure it's not anything related to the router and encryption method because the phone wont even show the available wifi networks. Wifi toggle is turned on but no networks shown, and the toggle cannot be turned off, even in airplane mode. Rebooting fixes it, but its quite annoying.
Which CM9 build are you using? On 8/19, I haven't had that issue in quite awhile (since late September or early October). It just stopped happening after awhile.

Of course, now that I've typed that, it will probably happen this afternoon.

When it was still happening frequently, I got into the habit of usually switching WiFi off when I leave the house; I often still do, mainly to conserve battery. (My battery has been in almost constant use for almost two years, so a full charge is not nearly what it once was.)

#34 ·
I'm using the build on this thread and also tried 0819 with the same problem.

Actually, I've used CM9 before then went back to stock and now back to CM9. The first time I used CM9, I experienced this problem for a while and then it didnt happen again for a long time. Now, I cant seem to find a way to not let it come back.

I've been experiencing the wifi problem every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.