1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM][STOCK] <VRALG4I200> (rooted)(deodex'd)(debloated)

• Please log in to reply

OP Aglarond

Aglarond

• 42 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:20 AM #1

This is the stock rom from the Samsung Stellar, rooted, deodex'd, and zipaligned with most of the apps cleaned out. All of the Verizon stuff is gone, including the updater. This will make Verizon sad, so if you don't want them to be sad, don't load this.

As far as I can tell, everything still works (wifi, gps, 4g, camera, etc.). Need extra testers to be sure.

Touchwiz is still there. I'm working on AOSP now, but will take time.

You should be able to flash this without a full wipe, but you'll probably have sync problems and fc's if you don't wipe cache and dalvik. Clear cache (also possibly data) on GMail or it will have multiple issues. It also looks like I messed up the root. su works, but you'll need to install supersu or superuser from the Market. Let me know if you find other problems.

2012-11-01
Updated ROM with some UI tweaks (mostly status bar) and some library cleanup.

2012-11-05
- Fixed Superuser
- Replaced stock launcher with Apex
- Restored stock file manager (will work on replacing other stock components later; suggestions welcome)
- Cleaned up more libraries

2012-11-14
Here is a full rom spin, with the update SystemUI and some framework changes. There are a couple of UI bugs that I'm working through, but nothing too noticable. This spin includes the clock in the status bar. Don't forget to wipe cache and dalvik.

2012-11-21
Here's a temporary spin just so I have something for people to test. This has a re-worked SystemUI and framework. Notifications are back and there's a clock. The one thing I haven't figured out is how to remove the wifi notification in ongoing. If anybody knows how to do that, please let me know.

2012-11-26
Now that I can duplicate the problem, I believe I've fixed the FCs in SystemUI. Make sure you clear cache and dalvik. New spin is here:

Screenshot_2012-11-26-15-24-38.png

Download: http://www.androidfi...202682628636683
md5sum: 6a0e621ce82cd16de4c368e1f1feb027

2012-11-28
I've created a new thread at http://rootzwiki.com...odexddebloated/ for the new VRALH2 base. All of the mods have been carried over and the installed image is about 70MB smaller.

-mS

Edited by Aglarond, 28 November 2012 - 09:01 AM.

• 3 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:38 AM #2

Nice job man. Good to have someone working on ROMs that can actually test on the device too :)

If you want to customize this even further, get a hold of BeansTown106, many, if not all, of the SGS3 stock rom tweaks should apply here.

You can also replace at least these things with CM9 stuff:

SecLauncher - Trebuchet
SecMms - Mms
SecBrowser - Browser

(I know phone and contacts won't work without at least some framework hacking)

Edited by invisiblek, 31 October 2012 - 08:40 AM.

• 1 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png
#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode

annoyedturtle

annoyedturtle

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:39 PM #3

hey guys my friend has a galaxy stellar and im playing around with it i have a gnex rooted so i have played with that around so if you need a tester or something im here. its awesome to see some development for it.
  • 0 Likes

moondeath

moondeath

• 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:11 PM #4

I installed the rom, the updater has stopped as you said, GPS/Camera/Wifi and everything seems to be very stable unfortunately I can't report weather the 3G or 4G works right now because I live up in the mountains and we barely get a stable 1X connection I have to drive to taos where I shop which is 30 minutes away to even get a 4G connection but when I do I'll be sure to give you an update.

But thanks I really appreciate the effort, my phone definitely runs a lot smoother and I went from a normal average of 380 MB of ram free to 518 MB when not running applications.
  • 0 Likes

OP Aglarond

Aglarond

• 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:23 PM #5

Great. Glad people are testing it. I just uploaded an update where I've cleaned up some of the UI elements. I couldn't stand the wifi notification in the status bar. I also cleaned up the status bar shortcuts. Will post an update once it uploads.

Could use some help cleaning up /system/lib. I know there's more stuff in there I can yank out.

And thanks, invisiblek. I'll check on the customizations. Would save me having to dig through all of this myself like I have been.

Edited by Aglarond, 01 November 2012 - 12:26 PM.

• 0 Likes

supergear

supergear

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:27 PM #6

Everything seems to work except for root. I had to download superuser then run supersu now I have root. Anyways nice work so far

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Stellar using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Current phone:Posted Image

Past Phones: Samsung Galaxy Stellar, Motorola Droid 2, HTC Evo Shift 4G, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, T-Mobile G2 by HTC, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC HD2

supergear

supergear

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:55 PM #7

Wish I could help deving for this phone but I don't know how
Also I am not a programmer
Sent from my SCH-I200 using RootzWiki

Edited by supergear, 01 November 2012 - 05:56 PM.

• 0 Likes

Past Phones: Samsung Galaxy Stellar, Motorola Droid 2, HTC Evo Shift 4G, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, T-Mobile G2 by HTC, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC HD2

OP Aglarond

Aglarond

• 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:41 PM #8

Everything seems to work except for root. I had to download superuser then run supersu now I have root. Anyways nice work so far

I think I have this fixed now. Will be in the next update.

Thanks

-mS
  • 0 Likes

supergear

supergear

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:17 PM #9

Also you must clear cache on gmail or it''ll keep crashing

Installed update and got stuck on the samsung logo :|

Sent from my SCH-I200 using RootzWiki

Edited by supergear, 02 November 2012 - 04:34 PM.

• 0 Likes

moondeath

moondeath

• 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:39 AM #10

The only downside is you removed the music/video player but I'm sure I'll just end up taking it out of my old backup if I start to care enough.
  • 0 Likes