- - - - -

What next for VZW Galaxy Nexus owners?

• Please log in to reply

OP androidfanatic

androidfanatic

Android Lover

• 114 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:18 PM #1

The Nexus 4 will not be on Verizon. Can't blame Google for wanting to cut out the carrier to assert more control over the devices:

http://www.techspot....nt-support.html

But where does that leave us Verizon subscribers? SIII, Note II, LG Optimus?

I'm loathing the Galaxy Nexus now--between the bad radios and the short battery life--and need to upgrade out of pocket well short of finishing my two year contract.

So I have want to stay with Nexus, I have to terminate my contract and move to T-mobile or AT&T. Or I can say bye to Nexus and stay with Verizon for the SIII or Note 2.

What are you all thinking?
  • 0 Likes

skinien

skinien

Android Lover

• 405 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:27 PM #2

Well, if you root your phone and install ROMs, then you don't really need the new Nexus since you can get an AOSP ROM running on the GS3 or something. I'm really disappointed that the phone doesn't have LTE. Apple is able to handle updates without the carriers getting in the way, why can't google?
  • 0 Likes

Barf

Barf

Total Gnub

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:41 PM #3

Non removeable battery, LCD screen, 16gb of memory, and no lte? I wouldn't buy it if it were on Verizon. The sgs3 sounds much more appealing. However, I'm still happy with my nexus for now and can wait till the sgs3 price drops a bit.

Edited by Barf, 29 October 2012 - 03:43 PM.

• 4 Likes
Posted Image

AdamNexus

AdamNexus

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:30 PM #4

I'm going iPhone 5. Last phone was droid bionic. Maybe even try out that Nokia lumia windows phone. None of the new android phones are intriguing me like when the gnex came out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

_base2

_base2

meh.

• 410 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:41 PM #5

My contract isn't up until June so I'm captive until then. If Moto releases a Nexus I'll go w that.

But regardless I'm certainly not sticking w Vzw. Tired of the BS. Switching to T-Mobile. Decided months ago. When the time comes, if the Nexus 4 is the only new Nexus, I'll buy it.

b • a • k • e • d
  • 1 Likes

abezzilla99

abezzilla99

Android Lover

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:44 PM #6

Still got another year with verizon. I am hoping verizon gets a variant of the nexus 4 with out the nexus brand but still a google experience device similar to the xoom or droid 1. Thats probably not going to happen but in a year a new nexus will be announced so hopefully the whole cdma/lte/carrier mess is sorted out by then. Motorola nexus with lte? lol
  • 0 Likes

mikeric

mikeric

Android Apprentice

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:32 PM #7

I'm still debating too. I would love better battery life and a better screen. Having to pay full price for a letter phone to keep my unlimited data may push me to t mobile. A $350 phone and $30 a month for 5 gigs is hard to beat. So I guess saving hundreds may push me towards it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

idefiler6

idefiler6

Banned

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:53 PM #8

I have been with vzw for years. I would leave for a nexus.

• 0 Likes

DirgeExtinction

DirgeExtinction

Android Apprentice

• 285 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:05 PM #9

Just got the Galaxy Nexus a few months ago(like in May or June), so I'm stuck in contract for two more years :/ Still debating on just paying the ETF and getting the Nexus 4.

• 1 Likes

auxiliarypie

auxiliarypie

• 63 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:10 PM #10

the GNex beats the Nex4 in a few catagories, idk what some of you are complaining about. We will get the same 4.2 that the Nex4 has, we have 32gb, LTE, AMOLED, removable battery, unlimited data (most of us) and kick-ass coverage (VZW may be expensive and pull some shit, but their goal is coverage and customer service, and they do those in spades).

Nexus 4 is a bad ass phone, but not all much better than our Galaxy Nexus.

edit- and that is why i (and im sure others) chose the GNex, longevity. The only phones with 4.2 are Nexus phones and will only be Nexus phones for some time, rejoice in that fact

Edited by auxiliarypie, 29 October 2012 - 06:11 PM.

• 18 Likes