- - - - -

[ROM] (Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project Phase 1-4 v1.0.2

• Please log in to reply

UKROB

UKROB

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:38 PM #11

Question- What additional features would you like to see on the Q? So far I have additional features added;
Dual Mode
Browser
Clock
LinuxonAndroid support
Email
FTP/HTTP Server
Limited but functional Play Store
G+ services like Messenger and Stream
NTFS support when combined with StickMount
Zumocast
WiiMote as remote works with the proper app installed

Some things like are problematic as the kernel (no source) lacks needed services but I will work to find a solution.

agreed, statusbar, navbar, on screen buttons and wallpapers. Maybe auto wifi adb on startup also if possible
  • 0 Likes

OP Lokifish Marz

Lokifish Marz

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:30 PM #12

If the deal goes through I'll have a Gnex in about a week to aid in development. $200 was a little more than I could afford but being able to compare services side by side will help me get my bearings as it's dark inside the Q. I can hopefully release proper "Desktop" and "Media Center" ROMs.
  • 3 Likes
Android Motoblur Phones:[ROM][DeBlur/DeBloat] Live ROM conversion for MotoBlur Android Phones
Atrix & Photon:[WebTop] Atrix/Photon UbunTop
Evo 4G:Evo Desktop PC
Nexus Q:[ROM](NexusQ)uantum Singularity Project
Photon:[ROM][BLUR]Imperium Initiative with Webtop+

OP Lokifish Marz

Lokifish Marz

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:39 AM #13

GNex is on it's way! Like I said, this will ease matching needed services so I can move development along much easier.
  • 2 Likes
Android Motoblur Phones:[ROM][DeBlur/DeBloat] Live ROM conversion for MotoBlur Android Phones
Atrix & Photon:[WebTop] Atrix/Photon UbunTop
Evo 4G:Evo Desktop PC
Nexus Q:[ROM](NexusQ)uantum Singularity Project
Photon:[ROM][BLUR]Imperium Initiative with Webtop+

Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE

Android PiMP

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:38 PM #14

@Lokifish Marz,
Any plans to port Android 4.2 to the Q??
  • 0 Likes
Reppin' That Linux® V2.6 kernel based Mobile-OS

gdi2290

gdi2290

Android Beginner

• 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:53 PM #15

great work keep it up
  • 0 Likes

khaivq

khaivq

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:30 AM #16

@Lokifish Marz:

Thank you for the ROM. It's very helpful.

The Play Store does work. You have downloaded tablet_core_hardware.xml from http://davidnhutch.c...re_hardware.xml , which is not exist anymore. That's why the xml file in your ROM is a 404 html file. I got another tablet_core_hardware.xml from my Nexus 7 , and now I can access most Android app.

I still not figured out how to use Bluetooth (Tablet Remote app can not pair). Could you clarify a little bit.

Also, for some reason, LinuxonAndroid crash whenever I try to download any Ubuntu image :(

Edited by khaivq, 22 December 2012 - 06:31 AM.

• 0 Likes

demiserv

demiserv

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:07 PM #17

PLEASE osmeone help me with CWM. i fastboot booted the img and it reboots to a black screen with the blue leds circling....i have no words at all though. i am trying to get it to work so again PLEASE HELP!!
  • 0 Likes

UKROB

UKROB

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:07 AM #18

Any word on updates for this ROM?
  • 0 Likes

UKROB

UKROB

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:28 PM #19

Any word on updates for this ROM?

if we could combine the dual-mode features of this ROM with CM10.1, it would be really good. As I see in my titanium backups the Nexus Q native features are a bunch of system apps that act as servers or at least I think so, im trying to restore these app to a CM10.1 fresh install (latest nightly)
  • 0 Likes

applesjgtl

applesjgtl

Average Android

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:15 PM #20

Question- What additional features would you like to see on the Q?

So I have a totally crazy idea that might not even be feasible, but I would really like to harness the power of that Class D amplifier. I figure that since the Q has a Micro-USB port, it might be technically possible. I would love to be able to use my Q as a sort of DAC / integrated amplifier with my computer. I would assume it's not feasible to have the device show up as an audio device when connected to a computer, but what about some sort of Mac OS / Windows application that could perform a handshake with a service on the device? Then all audio could be passed via a Soundflower-style virtual interface and be played back on the Q through speakers connected via the banana jacks. Think it could happen?

( For those that don't know, this is Soundflower http://cycling74.com...ts/soundflower/ )

Edited by applesjgtl, 29 January 2013 - 10:18 PM.

• 0 Likes