Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] (Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project Phase 1-4 v1.0.2

12K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  applesjgtl 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project
Phase 1-4 v1.0.2

As the "Doom Song" plays in the background...
As Jeddak of Research, I am here to inform you that
The Martian Imperium has acquired a (Nexus Q)uantum Singularity.
The universe has been warned.

Phase 1: Tablet UI DONE
Phase 2: Android File Server DONE (can be applied using Phase 3 MOD)
Phase 3: Android Site Server DONE
Phase 4: LinuxonAndroid support DONE
Phase 5: Connected Home This gives you an idea as to the possibilities
Phase 6: Sony SmartWatch Integration (treaty with Canada pending)
Phase 7: Full Linux install
Phase 8: Phases 1-5 moved to full Linux install

This a Phase One Release.
  • Based on stock 4.0.4 build IAN67K
  • Deodexed
  • Zip aligned
  • init.d Support
  • Busybox updated
  • Prerooted
  • Superuser
  • Dual Mode Enabled (Stock Q features and Nova Launcher)
  • Updated Keymap (Home=Home, End=Back, Delete=Menu, Insert=Stock Visualizer)
  • ROMToolbox lite
  • Catlog
  • kWS Server Free
  • Tablet Remote
  • Ubuntu Installer Free
  • Zumocast
Installation:
  1. Download it
  2. adb push to /sdcard/
  3. Use birdman's [Beta-CWM] to flash ROM and if so desired, gapps
  4. *In Beta-CWM, if you move back and forth between first and last items on list you can enable "back" button
  5. Flash ICS gapps (just in case there's junk in the truck, hard reset after flashing)
  6. reboot
Working:
Almost Everything

Broken/Incompatible:
Play Store (even with every hack/mod I could find, many apps show as "incompatible")
Talk (crash on launch, simply uninstall using ROMToolbox)
Bluetooth pairing (Go here for workaround)

Not Installed:
Wallpaper support
Notifcation Bar

Suggested apps:
(may need to pull it from third party markets or sideload)
BSPlayer
Netflix

Suggested Setup:
If you are going to use a KB/Mouse, forget BT and get a regular wireless combo. Here's what I'm using and why a wireless is better than BT.
  • No need for pairing or drivers
  • In CW Recovery the keymap is Up=Up, Down=Down, Enter=Select, Bksp=Back
  • Most KB/Mouse combos have media keys that are already mapped
I have not installed any init.d scripts except for a test script.

I will continue to work on this as time allows. Enjoy and build some ROMs!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Credits now applied to install script

OneClickRestore.zip pure stock firmware with needed fastboot files included

(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project RTS for those that need a tuned stock ROM
  • Based on stock 4.0.4 build IAN67K
  • Deodexed
  • Zip aligned
  • init.d Support
  • bash support
  • Busybox updated
  • Prerooted
  • Superuser
  • Updated Keymap (Home=Home, End=Back, Delete=Menu, Insert=Visualizer)
ChangeLog
v1.0.2
Phases 1-4 completed
"Dual Mode" enabled
kWS Server Free added
LinuxonAndroid Free added
TagWriter Free added
Couple of config tweaks

v1.0.1
Clean rebuild from scratch (forgot to deodex HubBroker and Visualizations in v1.0.0)
Updated Keymap (Home=Home, End=Back, Delete=Menu)
Added Tablet Remote
Added Zumocast

v1.0.0
Initial release

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Needs tuning but the next release will cover Phases 1-4.
Here's the POC for Phase 3 aspect of the next release. Imperium Website hosted on the NexusQ using a beta of the next release.The entire site is running on the Q while it's still being used as a Q. Add in live, on device, site edits and updates and you get the idea as to where this can go.

#5 ·
v1.0.2 released! Still have a number of things to do but hopefully I can get other devs in on this. Phases 5 and 6 may be skipped for now as I don't have the needed hardware for either.

#9 ·
Question- What additional features would you like to see on the Q? So far I have additional features added;
Dual Mode
Browser
Clock
LinuxonAndroid support
Email
FTP/HTTP Server
Limited but functional Play Store
G+ services like Messenger and Stream
NTFS support when combined with StickMount
Zumocast
WiiMote as remote works with the proper app installed

Some things like are problematic as the kernel (no source) lacks needed services but I will work to find a solution.

#10 ·
Question- What additional features would you like to see on the Q? So far I have additional features added;
Just flashed this the other day on the Q (CWM is a mess!), looks and works great! I initially thought a launcher was included, but Nova has been working great for me (used Trebuchet before and found it slightly lacking, sorry CM).

The ONE thing I would love to see is implementation (option?) of statusbar/navbar/onscreen buttons. I don't think everyone would be interested in this, but maybe it could be implemented like the "Expanded Desktop" option in the power menu of CM10, Paranoid Android, and a few other roms right now. I ask because I would love to have the OPTION of using this as a completely touch-like device with only a mouse in the OTG cable.

Since the above is a counter intuitive, completely optional element, I have to say that this rom is great. It has been a smooth, quick experience thus far. Great work.

#12 ·
If the deal goes through I'll have a Gnex in about a week to aid in development. $200 was a little more than I could afford but being able to compare services side by side will help me get my bearings as it's dark inside the Q. I can hopefully release proper "Desktop" and "Media Center" ROMs.

#13 ·
GNex is on it's way! Like I said, this will ease matching needed services so I can move development along much easier.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
@Lokifish Marz:

Thank you for the ROM. It's very helpful.

The Play Store does work. You have downloaded tablet_core_hardware.xml from http://davidnhutch.c...re_hardware.xml , which is not exist anymore. That's why the xml file in your ROM is a 404 html file. I got another tablet_core_hardware.xml from my Nexus 7 , and now I can access most Android app.

I still not figured out how to use Bluetooth (Tablet Remote app can not pair). Could you clarify a little bit.

Also, for some reason, LinuxonAndroid crash whenever I try to download any Ubuntu image

#19 ·
if we could combine the dual-mode features of this ROM with CM10.1, it would be really good. As I see in my titanium backups the Nexus Q native features are a bunch of system apps that act as servers or at least I think so, im trying to restore these app to a CM10.1 fresh install (latest nightly)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.