Rate this Topic

- - - - -

horrible battery life vzw galaxy nexus

• Please log in to reply

OP ThatKidChris

ThatKidChris

• 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:21 AM #1

can anyone recommend some good battery life suggestions? I'm getting horrible life on the battery. I've got the extended battery and so far it's been off charge for an hour and a half, and screen on time has been 25mins and already have a 25% drain, it's sitting at 75%. running aokp build 5 (though not blaming the rom as it was like this on sourcery and miui) with newest Franco nightly build. interactive governor. I've also got better battery stats to see if there are rouge apps killing battery, absolutely nothing. And I've disabled most system sounds as I've read those are possible drainer. brightness never above 50%, it's usually under 25%. iI should note that I feel like I'm getting better battery once I swap out the extended and put the older smaller one back into the phone. Could it be the extended battery has gone bad?
  • 0 Likes

imperivm

imperivm

Android Master

• 563 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:24 AM #2

Keep the screen off at all times.
  • 5 Likes

rasbeanjelly/ak.purity

iNate71

iNate71

Developer Knight

• 542 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:27 AM #3

can anyone recommend some good battery life suggestions? I'm getting horrible life on the battery. I've got the extended battery and so far it's been off charge for an hour and a half, and screen on time has been 25mins and already have a 25% drain, it's sitting at 75%. running aokp build 5 (though not blaming the rom as it was like this on sourcery and miui) with newest Franco nightly build. interactive governor. I've also got better battery stats to see if there are rouge apps killing battery, absolutely nothing. And I've disabled most system sounds as I've read those are possible drainer. brightness never above 50%, it's usually under 25%. iI should note that I feel like I'm getting better battery once I swap out the extended and put the older smaller one back into the phone. Could it be the extended battery has gone bad?

Your battery is bad.

I recommend using the Search bar. ;)
  • 1 Likes

brkshr

brkshr

Nexus 5

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:27 AM #4

Just about everything I got here:

http://rootzwiki.com...ry-life-thread/
  • 1 Likes

Nexus 5 - Stock 4.2.2 - Rooted

Nexus 7(13) - Stock 4.2.2 - Rooted

OP ThatKidChris

ThatKidChris

• 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:02 AM #5

awesome post thanks a lot brkshr! ill be looking into it and trying some those settings out once iI drain to 0 and reset bat stat, haven't been on liquid since og DROID days that'll bring back some nice memories :D
  • 1 Likes

Sandman007

Sandman007

Deadly_Hamsters

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:09 AM #6

awesome post thanks a lot brkshr! ill be looking into it and trying some those settings out once iI drain to 0 and reset bat stat, haven't been on liquid since og DROID days that'll bring back some nice memories :D

no need to wipe battery stats. Myth busted by Google
  • 1 Likes

VZW Galaxy S3
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: ChaOS

Schoat333

Schoat333

Themer

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:38 AM #7

Welcome to the crappy LTE Nexus battery life club.
  • 2 Likes

OP ThatKidChris

ThatKidChris

• 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:28 PM #8

I turn off LTE all the time, only time I turn it on is if I'm going to download or stream anything. mostly on CDMA mode only.
  • 0 Likes

DigiK

DigiK

Android Beginner

• 24 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:44 PM #9

After you replace your battery :P, set the minimum proc speed to 192. Then create a new script in system/etc/init.d. Paste in the following code:
#!/system/xbin/bash
echo "1450 1425 1400 1300 1250 1275 1250 1225 1150 1025 725" > /sys/class/misc/customvoltage/mpu_voltages;

This will undervolt your processor to 725@192 every boot while leaving all other values at Franco's default or controlled by Smart Reflex through the default speeds.

Edited by DigiK, 25 October 2012 - 12:45 PM.

• 1 Likes

andrewjt19

andrewjt19

Android Freak!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:07 PM #10

It all depends on the Rom, kernel, and apps you have installed. I'm currently running Jelly Belly with Tiny Kernel and am consistently seeing an average of 8+ hours with moderate use. This is on a stock battery. Just try different ROM's and kernel configurations until you find a happy medium. Some ROM's work better than others on different phones (even if they are the same type of Phone, like two Galaxy Nexus).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone" not just the air. :D
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (still in operation by my wife:cool:)...
Check out my website: http://www.ProjectIn...on.Blogspot.com