- - - - -

Verizon unlimited

• Please log in to reply

potatoboy

potatoboy

Android Beginner

• 158 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:15 PM #41

You can do that. You're not renewing the contract on the line with unlimited. You're opening a new line to get the note. Once you switch it to a basic phone you can activate the note on your line with unlimited. Be careful doing this through amazon, wirefly, etc. they can charge you their cancellation charge if you move the phone. VZW will not charge you anything.
  • 0 Likes

trebills

trebills

Schmaticum

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:14 PM #42

I was talking to a Verizon employee last night and she said that she just had training on their new policy that all unlimited data is going away for everyone. Apparently this new policy is going in place in April. Anyone else heard about this?
  • 0 Likes
Wonder what ROM to use? Check out ROM comparison spreadsheet here, it's the bees knees.

iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:34 PM #43

I was talking to a Verizon employee last night and she said that she just had training on their new policy that all unlimited data is going away for everyone. Apparently this new policy is going in place in April. Anyone else heard about this?

They can't change your contract. If they did you have the right to leave. They won't do it. They will wait till your contact ends then take it.
  • 0 Likes
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 16GB

GridHooligan

GridHooligan

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:13 PM #44

They can't change your contract. If they did you have the right to leave. They won't do it. They will wait till your contact ends then take it.

most customers with grandfathered plans are already out of contract....there are only a handful of folks with iPhone4's that have unlimited still under contract. so with that in mind, if the decision has been made that april is the sunset of all unlimited (employee and consumer) then they will make a widely publicized announcement.

but seriously whats more important, having USABLE LTE or having Unlimited EDGE data with t-mo or waitng for LTE using EVDO with sprint?
  • 0 Likes

TwinShadow

TwinShadow

The Shadow within Android

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:03 PM #45

If they tear away my unlimited data, that's the day I'm going to shop for a new carrier that at least has unlimited, throttled or not. (minus Sprint, they are about as horrible as horrible gets for service here in my area) So, looks like T-Mobile will be where I'll look into.

If I can't fully use 4G LTE speeds while having a cap, why make the download speeds that insane fast then? Better off just capping the bandwidth pipes instead of putting in limits.
  • 1 Likes
Posted Image

iPois0n

iPois0n

Crack Flasher

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:20 PM #46

most customers with grandfathered plans are already out of contract....there are only a handful of folks with iPhone4's that have unlimited still under contract. so with that in mind, if the decision has been made that april is the sunset of all unlimited (employee and consumer) then they will make a widely publicized announcement.

but seriously whats more important, having USABLE LTE or having Unlimited EDGE data with t-mo or waitng for LTE using EVDO with sprint?

I bought my Galaxy Nexus on contract upgrade with my unlimited data. I have another year left on that line. If and when they pull it I will be going to T mobile. I use to much data to be able to afford any type of family share plan on Verizon. 4G is awesome but unlimited data is a must!
  • 0 Likes
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 16GB

GridHooligan

GridHooligan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:41 AM #47

If they tear away my unlimited data, that's the day I'm going to shop for a new carrier that at least has unlimited, throttled or not. (minus Sprint, they are about as horrible as horrible gets for service here in my area) So, looks like T-Mobile will be where I'll look into.

If I can't fully use 4G LTE speeds while having a cap, why make the download speeds that insane fast then? Better off just capping the bandwidth pipes instead of putting in limits.

for the record, when we throttle it's due to tower congestion. so if you're on a congested tower it will be throttled minimally until congestion clears. it's different from att, t-mo or sprint who throttle through the end of your bill cycle.
  • 0 Likes

GridHooligan

GridHooligan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:44 AM #48

I bought my Galaxy Nexus on contract upgrade with my unlimited data. I have another year left on that line. If and when they pull it I will be going to T mobile. I use to much data to be able to afford any type of family share plan on Verizon. 4G is awesome but unlimited data is a must!

if you really prefer the LTE and the network, it's worth purchasing phones full-retail because you can still have warranty and insurance to protect against any mishaps/misfortune. I've never tried a speed test of HSPA+ Vs LTE but i'd be interested to see what the difference is in reality.

p.s. ShareEverything plan tops out at $150/20gb + $40 line access; but if you have any sort of company discount from your employer it might knock off a bit.
  • 0 Likes