- - - - -

Verizon unlimited

• Please log in to reply

OP Smcdo123

Smcdo123

A Chosen One

• 783 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:07 PM #1

So I have a question for everyone who is grandfathered in to unlimited or has done this. So I need to get a new device and am going to sell my nexus. I am grandfathered in and don't want to.give it up nor start a new plan as I have a corporate discount of 25% anyways I called a rep today and was talking about getting a new phone and said how I didn't want to buy it outright. She suggested for me to put a dumb phone on my line and pay to add a line to my FAM. Share plan.

Then it clicked. (And maybe for others) I said so technically I could take my brand new device on the new number and put a dumb phone on that line.....right? She said I can not promote that but since you realized that, yes you can. All you have to pay is $10.00 a month for line access (depending on what plan you have for some people) and you can use your brand new phone on your old number with unlimited data in tact. All you'd pay for is any data used on that new line. So basically this is a loophole in verizons wanting unlimited. I just realized it sorry if someone else has but for an extra $10 a month in return a subsidized phone, data unlimited still, and won't waste an upgrade.....well worth it.

Sent from my Pretty Pink Unicorn.
  • 0 Likes
*AOKP "CrackFlashers Anonymous"
*Always Minimal
*My Deviant Art. Walls & Minimalism
http://smcdo123.deviantart.com/

mentose457

mentose457

Typical Interwebz Troll

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:16 PM #2

You don't want to put a dumb phone on your line as that would remove the data from it. You need to add a line and to get the new smartphone. Then cancel the data from the new line and the put he new phone on your line and a dumb phone on the new line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes

idefiler6

idefiler6

Banned

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:19 PM #3

I have abused this and it did work at the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 2 Likes

yarly

yarly

Just a noob that doesn't know what he's talking about

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:51 PM #4

Assuming you already have a family share plan that your unlimited line is attached to, that should work. If you have only one line, then I believe it'll force every plan into a limited data plan and not work.
  • 0 Likes

Xain713

Xain713

Thread Lurker

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:16 PM #5

That also gives you additional upgrades ^_^

• 1 Likes

OP Smcdo123

Smcdo123

A Chosen One

• 783 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:41 PM #6

You don't want to put a dumb phone on your line as that would remove the data from it. You need to add a line and to get the new smartphone. Then cancel the data from the new line and the put he new phone on your line and a dumb phone on the new line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Correct. Thanks for clearing that up. that is what the rep said too.
  • 0 Likes
*Always Minimal

OP Smcdo123

Smcdo123

A Chosen One

• 783 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:42 PM #7

Assuming you already have a family share plan that your unlimited line is attached to, that should work. If you have only one line, then I believe it'll force every plan into a limited data plan and not work.

Yes. I have two others on my plan. Contract end date is not up either. If you have one line they will jam that $90 minimum plan down your throat.
  • 0 Likes
*Always Minimal

OP Smcdo123

Smcdo123

A Chosen One

• 783 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:44 PM #8

That also gives you additional upgrades ^_^

Exactly. Now some people may say why not buy outright. If i could get enough money for my galaxy nexus I would buy outright but by the time I would buy outright it would be cheaper to pay $10 a month.
  • 0 Likes
*Always Minimal

mikeric

mikeric

Android Apprentice

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:59 AM #9

I was told when my nexus was out to service you have 14 days you can have a dumb phone on your line and still go back without losing your unlimited data from a Verizon rep.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

wesmantooth267

wesmantooth267

• 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:48 AM #10

Exactly. Now some people may say why not buy outright. If i could get enough money for my galaxy nexus I would buy outright but by the time I would buy outright it would be cheaper to pay $10 a month.

So with this being said, could we say order iphone 5/android phone, sell for x amount, delete data, put dumb phone on that line and be x amount richer minus phone cost and 240$ (24 month *10$).
  • 0 Likes