Rate this Topic

4 votes

[kernel][kitkat][v5.1, 11/20/14] leanKernel: Minimalistic kernel

• Please log in to reply

shiznu

shiznu

News Team

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:48 AM #421

I was actually thinking about my phone. I'll update about my tablet...

UPDATE: so I see what you mean, there isn't a legit fast USB charge option like there is on the Toro version. Here are my charge speeds. Keep in mind, this is plugged into a wall charger AND (most importantly) I plugged it in, watched an episode of Top Gear on Pled and then took another screen shot.

11:34pm - 16%
12:19am - 24%

Tomorrow I'll try it without streaming and I'll connect it to a PC instead. You have to understand it takes a lot more to charge a tablet than a phone and I can't imagine a USB port putting out a ton of power...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RootzWiki

Pretty sure a N7 charger is 2.0A. Not gonna pull that with fast charge option as its meant to boost power from a USB port. I wouldn't wanna force another 1.0 Amp or more of power through my computers USB anyway.
  • 1 Likes

frankydroid

frankydroid

For Us By Us

• 287 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:18 PM #422

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I just got a nexus 7 and I have an sgs3 too. The sgs3 aosp kernel has been upgraded, by you, to kernel 3.4 now. Is that going to happen on the n7 too? Or is that only useful with Qualcomm's chips?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

• 0 Likes

i <3 dro1d on my DroidX Droid Incredible Thunderbolt Tenderloin toro d2att grouper maguro

Dark_Sorcerer

Dark_Sorcerer

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:47 PM #423

Hi! I was thinking about applying your kernel on my tilapia, but I have a few questions:

1 - is it compatible? :)

2 - in tilapia we have a known kernel bug - http://code.google.c...detail?id=42993 - don't know if you have seen this before, but there's a fix too: http://code.google.c...?id=42993#c130. Did you implement it / are you thinking about it?

3 - I generally use StickMount to mount USB. Is that ok with your kernel?

Thank you for your answers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes

hanschke

hanschke

• 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:57 AM #424

please do an update :D
  • 0 Likes

mezmerize

mezmerize

Android Master

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:58 AM #425

please do an update :D

What do you want imo to add? There really haven't been many developments in the kernel for this device for awhile, so I doubt there are any features people are clamoring to have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you want more frequent updates, head on over to franco's thread on xda, where it's a shit show because his users keep pushing for him to make changes that bork things.
  • 1 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:36 AM #426

I am actually working on an update. But mezmerize is right - there isn't a whole lot left to do from the kernel perspective. The v3.1 mainline kernel is quite old so the way i'm approaching this is taking one component at a time and see if it needs to be modernized a bit.

I do tend to update my daily driver (S3) more often because I get to test it daily. The N7 is far from my daily driver, unfortunately. :)

Edited by imoseyon, 14 April 2013 - 08:38 AM.

• 3 Likes

OP imoseyon

imoseyon

Developer

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:29 PM #427

v1.6 is up! This is a sizable update: http://revision.io/e...nKernel-grouper
  • 3 Likes

masully84

masully84

Super User

• 429 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:49 PM #428

v1.6 is up! This is a sizable update: http://revision.io/e...nKernel-grouper

Running nice and smooth for me

Sent from my Nexus 7
  • 0 Likes

S4(VZW) ROM: CM10.2 nightlies Kernel: Ktoonsez KT-SGS4 9-17 4.3 AOSP Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.2

Nexus 7 ROM: CM10.2 nightlies Kernel: LeanKernel v2.2 Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Nuel

Nuel

• 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:07 AM #429

Thanks running great :D
  • 0 Likes

trestevenson

trestevenson

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:59 PM #430

Speaking of things to take up your time...

Team BAMF just released Paradigm 3.1 and it's a very fast ROM. It's worth a solid look. The Toro flavor seemed to take your kernel just fine, but the Grouper won't boot with it.

Paradigm developer Reid Holland tweeted "No, I will not remove framework2.jar just because CM did. Bootpath aside, kernels shouldn't be overwriting the RAMDisk anyway." Before that he tweeted how he felt about AnyKernel.

I'm assuming this is why your kernel isn't booting on the Grouper, but I'm not sure why it works on the Toro. How do you feel about this? Does this change your plans at all?

After reading through 41 pages of this thread, I finally come across the issue I have! I've been running leanKernel on my Toro for over a year now, along with Paradigm as my firmware of choice. I just received a Grouper for my birthday last week, so of course I wanted to use leanKernel in tandem with Paradigm on it as well. Imagine my surprise when the N7 won't boot! I tried several different versions of LK before coming to the conclusion that it was most likely an issue with the ramdisk. Now I'm having to choose whether to ditch the ROM or the kernel on my tablet. :( It's a sad day...
  • 0 Likes