Android OS Forum banner

[kernel][kitkat][v5.1, 11/20/14] leanKernel: Minimalistic kernel

147K views 538 replies 139 participants last post by  abqnm 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
DOWNLOAD

• Tweaked Power HALs: here (flash in CWM)
  • 1.5Ghz version: if you want to OC to 1.5Ghz.
  • Nofreq version: it will not manipulate your max frequency at all.
  • Stock version: if you want to stay at 1.3Ghz max.

FEATURES

• Unnecessary kernel components removed to make kernel lean and fast!
  • OC'ed to 1.5Ghz. At boot cpu slots are limited between 204mhz and 1.3Ghz for stability. Use your favorite app to OC or UC.
  • Ramdisk tweaks (sysctl, vm, etc.)
  • init.d support
  • Tons of patches backported from Linux 3.2.
  • SWAP and ZRAM supported. Use built-in script: "zram enable" or "zram disable"
  • ROW and tuned Deadline i/o schedulers
  • Compiled using latest linaro toolchain and optimizations.
  • USB Audio support
  • USB charging high current mode enabled at all times
  • Memory compaction and KSM enabled
  • "lkflash" script to flash latest leanKernel releases. (Open Terminal, su, and then type lkflash).

FAQ

CHANGELOG
UP-TO-DATE CHANGELOG HERE: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-grouper/wiki/Lollipop-ChangeLog

SPECIAL THANKS
Jubakaba, milan and gang for buying the nexus 7 and donating it to me

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks so much, Imo
Like I mentioned in the older thread, LK is the first custom N7 kernel I've used that hasn't given me any SOD issues. Sure, the alpha only came out 4 or 5 days ago, but that's still longer than I've been able to run other N7 kernels before sleep of death. Can't wait to see how far you take this, just like you've done for my GNex

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#31 ·
I flashed the beta yesterday and haven't had any issues with it. Super smooth and responsive, as I expected, from using LK on my GNex. I'm not sure how good of a battery life the following is, compared to others, BUT I've never had over 6.5 hrs of screen time on my N7. As of now, with the beta:

21 hrs since unplugged
Screen 82% usage
Screen time 3h 15 min

My battery is at 63%. Amazing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.