- - - - -

.wav playback

• Please log in to reply

OP blueman

blueman

Android Apprentice

• 104 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:25 AM #1

Everything I have read so far points me to the fact that my X2 cannot play .wav files. I have installed a few different media players and I cannot get my stock DX2 to play .wav files. Normally this would not be an issue, but I have my work voicemail sent to my email and the format our phone system uses is .wav.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get .wav files to work?

Stock DX2
Android 2.3.5
System: 1.3.418.MB870.Verizon.en.US
  • 0 Likes

cory46

cory46

Supporting Member

• 33 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:21 PM #2

Have you tried powerAMP or WinAmp?

This is from Motorola on email wav attachments
https://motorola-glo...id---audio-(wav)-file-in-email-attachments-not-supported-for-playback

They recommend remote wav

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

OP blueman

blueman

Android Apprentice

• 104 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:55 PM #3

Have you tried powerAMP or WinAmp?

This is from Motorola on email wav attachments
https://motorola-glo...id---audio-(wav)-file-in-email-attachments-not-supported-for-playback

They recommend remote wav

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've tried every player I could stand to try. I never found anything that worked. What I did end up doing though was something outside the box. I downloaded MP3 Media Converter which I use to convert the .wav files to .mp3 which can be played by the native music app. It's a bit frustrating as when the attachment downloads it still tries to open with my default media player and I have to back out of that only to switch to the MP3 Media Converter, convert the file then play the newly created .mp3. Its a bit annoying, but at least it works.

I tried Winamp, Remote Wav, powerAMP, and a whole host of other found on the Play Store. I got the same error each time. Honestly I think the fact that the native device will not play the .wav files I should be entitled to a phone swap. The Motorola site and all documentation I can find clearly states that the Droid X2 can play .wav files. The fact that this is untrue I feel is false marketing. I know that's not going to happen, but still...

Anyway, for now I'm converting the .wav files to .mp3 and all seems ok. Just an annoying process.
  • 0 Likes