3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[PORT REQUEST] Touchwiz Camera/Camcorder for AOSP ROMS

• Please log in to reply

OP abkulp

abkulp

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:54 AM #1

There are multiple things that I may like from Touchwiz, and the camera app is the biggest one. While AOSP roms run more smoothly (most of the time) and allow more customization options, I find myself missing the stock camera's improved (IMO) functionality over the AOSP camera.

Can anyone port the Touchwiz Camera so that it can be flashed/side-loaded on AOSP ROMS?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
  • 1 Likes

jr313

jr313

The Truth

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:47 AM #2

I don't believe it can be done due to it needing tw framework in order to be used. Then again I could be wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
"Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:02 AM #3

Yeah probably not going to happen...and moved to General. Please use development sections for releases only.
  • 0 Likes

Nick.Tbolt

Nick.Tbolt

Android Lover

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:11 AM #4

This has been tried since I had my Tbolt. People wanted the stock HTC camera app to work on CM7 but, it needs the framework which isnt in AOSP, but, you can always get just a debloated ROM. Not sure if we have any "dewizzed" roms like the Bolt had "Desensed" I just use Beans with Nova Launcher... snappy as hell

* Verizon Galaxy S3 *
  • 2 Likes

Andre08

Andre08

Android Apprentice

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:02 AM #5

The galaxy s2 camera was ported to aosp on the fascinate so its possible

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Nick.Tbolt

Nick.Tbolt

Android Lover

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:18 PM #6

Everything I have ever known is a lie...... well at least we have good devs

* Verizon Galaxy S3 *
  • 1 Likes

jr313

jr313

The Truth

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:10 PM #7

Both phones run touchwiz so that would be possible. The fascinate doesn't run pure aosp so the framework is already in place the devs just need to tweak some things to get that working, its a totally different beast we are talking here.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
"Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:42 PM #8

If you'd link me to a thread for this I'd be more than happy to look into getting this working.

Edited by invisiblek, 16 October 2012 - 01:44 PM.

• 7 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png
#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode

OP abkulp

abkulp

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:59 PM #9

Yeah probably not going to happen...and moved to General. Please use development sections for releases only.

My bad, this is my first ever thread on here. I wasn't aware there was such a protocol.

If you'd link me to a thread for this I'd be more than happy to look into getting this working.

This would be awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy S III
  • 0 Likes

alquimista

alquimista

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:31 PM #10

I was just muddleing through decompiling the touchwiz camera to see why audio recording was so low in CM based roms. Using Appkit to "decopile" the samsungcamera.apk from the VRLHD build I've found a few things that may help me/you/us/someone firgure out the possibility of porting the TW camera to CM (either positive or negative results). Keep in mind that I'm really looking for why the audio on CM video recording is so low, although I know that many a smarter bloke than I are working on this.

The manifest file is the most telling so far.

It uses four libraries:
- seccamera ( actually two so's for this libseccamera_jni and libseccameracore )
- sec_feature ( no .so file just a jar in the framworks folder that seems tied in to alot of SecProductFeature_[feature].jar's )
- sechardware ( no .so file just a jar in the framworks folder )
- secmediarecorder ( libsecmediarecorder_jni ) --<I assume that this is where I'd find out whihc mic should be used during recording video >
Two of these are JNI shared objects for which I have no idea how to RE. The jars I can look into when I have time, but I'm not hopefull.

It also uses a permission unique to TouchWiz, "com.sec.android.app.twdvfs.DVFS_BOOSTER_PERMISSION". This ties into the TwDVFS.apk which is some sort of dynamic voltage frequecy scaling functionality to decreas power useage when an app runs ( in this case its booting power usage??). This is probably the only part of the TW camera app that I can safely leave out of any porting/RE effeorts.

The outlook is not positive for a port, and I'm not to cheery about figuring out the audio problem either.

Ta,
ALQI
  • 4 Likes