1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

* * * * -
1 votes

Automatic Splash Image Creator (PNG to Flashable Zip in One Click!)

• Please log in to reply

goblue13579

goblue13579

• 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:56 PM #11

this is correct

Thanks, the "kernel" folder made me think that I had to put the kernel I wanted to use in there or something like that. Good stuff.
  • 0 Likes

Shelby04861

Shelby04861

Average Android

• 310 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:31 AM #12

If that's true, every kernel dev could have their own splash screen, which would be cool.

Edit: con247, GO BLUE!

Many kernel devs already have their own splash screens. This makes it so we cab have what we want. Gives you the control.
If it's broken...beat it into submission until it works!
  • 0 Likes

goblue13579

goblue13579

• 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:33 AM #13

Any chance this could be updated to replace the one for recovery as well? If it's much work don't bother, but it would be nice. Thanks!
  • 0 Likes

OP con247

con247

Android Lover

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:58 AM #14

Yeah it is doable pretty easily but modifying the recovery partition to me doesn't seem like an excellent idea. Because if your image is corrupt and borks boot and recovery your only choice is odin.
  • 0 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:21 AM #15

Yeah it is doable pretty easily but modifying the recovery partition to me doesn't seem like an excellent idea. Because if your image is corrupt and borks boot and recovery your only choice is odin.

this
  • 0 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png
#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode

gplus.png twitter.png megaman.jpg

goblue13579

goblue13579

• 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:40 AM #16

Ah, good point. Thanks for the quick answer!
  • 0 Likes

hesh.monster

hesh.monster

troll

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:50 AM #17

Stupid question...is it possible to set this up in an app to run on the device rather than pc? Maybe I'm just lazy but it would be pretty sweet. Also, if I pull the image from the zip after its created can I use root explorer to copy paste or even terminal to adb push?

sent by my carrier pigeon
  • 0 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:06 AM #18

Stupid question...is it possible to set this up in an app to run on the device rather than pc? Maybe I'm just lazy but it would be pretty sweet.

Yes
The app would need to dump the current boot partition, make the modifications and then reflash it

Also, if I pull the image from the zip after its created can I use root explorer to copy paste or even terminal to adb push?

No, the boot partition is not technically mounted while android is running. Its loaded into memory which you could write to, but it won't do any good because it will get wiped out upon a reboot.
  • 0 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png
#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode

gplus.png twitter.png megaman.jpg

OP con247

con247

Android Lover

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:40 PM #19

Stupid question...is it possible to set this up in an app to run on the device rather than pc? Maybe I'm just lazy but it would be pretty sweet. Also, if I pull the image from the zip after its created can I use root explorer to copy paste or even terminal to adb push?

Yes
The app would need to dump the current boot partition, make the modifications and then reflash it

No, the boot partition is not technically mounted while android is running. Its loaded into memory which you could write to, but it won't do any good because it will get wiped out upon a reboot.

The main issue would be finding image manipulation binaries compiled for arm.
  • 0 Likes

ImaComputa

ImaComputa

Average Computa

• 497 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:58 PM #20

Here's a jelly bean style one I made for anybody who wants to replace the stock Samsung one.

Posted Image

Flash in CWM:

http://d-h.st/4BP

Edited by ImaComputa, 25 October 2012 - 08:58 PM.

• 0 Likes