1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

* * * * -
1 votes

Automatic Splash Image Creator (PNG to Flashable Zip in One Click!)

• Please log in to reply

OP con247

con247

Android Lover

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:26 PM #1

Thanks to the work of invisiblek and some Google searching I was able to come up with the following tool:

This tool takes a 720x1280 .PNG image and converts it to a recovery-flashable splash screen in a single click.

A video so you can see what this can change: http://youtu.be/XXaBJTVQ2Sw

How to use:
Making your own splash screen:

0) Download and extract the .zip file. Also note, if you are on VZW you need to be unlocked.
1) Make a 720x1280 .png image you want to be your splash screen (this comes in-between the boot animation and the quick Samsung logo flash)
2) Name it "initlogo.png" without the quotes
3) Place it in the PNGtoConvert folder
4) Run the "PNG-2-RLE.bat" file
5) You are finished! A "flashthisinrecovery.zip" will appear in the same directory as the batch files. Just flash it in recovery and enjoy your new splash screen!

Note: If you want the .RLE and not the whole flashable, it can be found as "initlogo.rle" in the "kernel" folder or you can pull it from the kernel folder inside the "flashmeinrecovery.zip"

Converting an .RLE that you made back to a .PNG for editing:

0) Download an extract the .zip file
1) Copy the "initlogo.rle" you want to convert to a .PNG to the RLEtoConvert folder. It must be named "initlogo.rle"
2) Run the "RLE-2-PNG.bat"
3) PNG will be in the PNGtoConvert folder named "initlogoOUTPUT.png"

Other notes: I have included the stock initlogo as a .PNG named "initlogoSTOCKBACKUP.png" for your reference/backup purposes. If you want to test the tool with it, remember to rename it to initlogo.png

This has only been tested with the d2_vzw but will work with ALL USA Variants (Those with S4 CPU). It will NEVER work with the i9300 because the splash screen is compiled into the kernel.

Download Here: http://d-h.st/F2A

Credits:
invisiblek for the recovery zip scripting
Yagya Gaire @ http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com for the original conversion tools

Also, as usual, this has been tested thoroughly, but any damage to your device is not anyone's responsibility except your own!

Edited by con247, 06 November 2012 - 05:00 PM.

• 11 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:23 PM #2

fyi: this will work on all use variants since the partition scheming is the same
also, you should note that flashing a different rom or kernel will overwrite this change and your zip will need to be flashed again

EDIT: also, please update your updater-script, it adds support for d2usc just grab the one out of here: http://goo.im/devs/i...ash.updater.zip

Edited by invisiblek, 08 October 2012 - 08:26 PM.

• 6 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png
#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode

wera750

wera750

Android Addict

• 1,042 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:17 AM #3

People should post up the ones they make :-)

sent from my aokp'd sg3
  • 0 Likes
Bout that time of year to turn back into a racer and give the nerdery a break...

OP con247

con247

Android Lover

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:03 AM #4

I will make that change in about 3 hours during my lunch time.

Sent from d2_vzw
  • 0 Likes

Shelby04861

Shelby04861

Average Android

• 310 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:43 PM #5

thanks for making this happen for me. I really wanted it but didn't know what to do. Thanks again.

If it's broken...beat it into submission until it works!
  • 0 Likes

Shelby04861

Shelby04861

Average Android

• 310 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:14 PM #6

Update. Works great from the link in the 1st post. Thanks again for making this all happen.

• 0 Likes

OP con247

con247

Android Lover

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 PM #7

Update. Works great from the link in the 1st post. Thanks again for making this all happen.

Happy to do it. Please also thank invisiblek.

To all, please share what you make!
  • 0 Likes

TenderloinShadow

TenderloinShadow

Android Freak

• 1,406 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:25 PM #8

Wow. Can't believe how far development for this phone has come, we're hacking every last little bit of it. Keep it up. And yeah, we should totally post custom-made splash images, if not here than in a special thread for it.
  • 0 Likes
Rocking an HP Touchpad and an UNLOCKED Verizon SGS3, and lovin' it all

goblue13579

goblue13579

• 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:48 PM #9

Correct me if I'm wrong: the flashable zip that this tool outputs overwrites a portion of whatever kernel is installed at the moment. Implication being it works with any kernel without changing any of the other parts of it and this will need to be reflashed every time a new kernel is installed. Right?

If that's true, every kernel dev could have their own splash screen, which would be cool.

Edit: con247, GO BLUE!

Edited by goblue13579, 11 October 2012 - 04:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:51 PM #10

Correct me if I'm wrong: the flashable zip that this tool outputs overwrites a portion of whatever kernel is installed at the moment. Implication being it works with any kernel without changing any of the other parts of it and this will need to be reflashed every time a new kernel is installed. Right?

this is correct
  • 1 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png
#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode