This tool takes a 720x1280 .PNG image and converts it to a recovery-flashable splash screen in a single click.
A video so you can see what this can change: http://youtu.be/XXaBJTVQ2Sw
How to use:
Making your own splash screen:
0) Download and extract the .zip file. Also note, if you are on VZW you need to be unlocked.
1) Make a 720x1280 .png image you want to be your splash screen (this comes in-between the boot animation and the quick Samsung logo flash)
2) Name it "initlogo.png" without the quotes
3) Place it in the PNGtoConvert folder
4) Run the "PNG-2-RLE.bat" file
5) You are finished! A "flashthisinrecovery.zip" will appear in the same directory as the batch files. Just flash it in recovery and enjoy your new splash screen!
Note: If you want the .RLE and not the whole flashable, it can be found as "initlogo.rle" in the "kernel" folder or you can pull it from the kernel folder inside the "flashmeinrecovery.zip"
Converting an .RLE that you made back to a .PNG for editing:
0) Download an extract the .zip file
1) Copy the "initlogo.rle" you want to convert to a .PNG to the RLEtoConvert folder. It must be named "initlogo.rle"
2) Run the "RLE-2-PNG.bat"
3) PNG will be in the PNGtoConvert folder named "initlogoOUTPUT.png"
Other notes: I have included the stock initlogo as a .PNG named "initlogoSTOCKBACKUP.png" for your reference/backup purposes. If you want to test the tool with it, remember to rename it to initlogo.png
This has only been tested with the d2_vzw but will work with ALL USA Variants (Those with S4 CPU). It will NEVER work with the i9300 because the splash screen is compiled into the kernel.
Download Here: http://d-h.st/F2A
invisiblek for the recovery zip scripting
Yagya Gaire @ http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com for the original conversion tools
Also, as usual, this has been tested thoroughly, but any damage to your device is not anyone's responsibility except your own!
Edited by con247, 06 November 2012 - 05:00 PM.