Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Group Text Messaging

• Please log in to reply

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:47 AM #91

Sorry invisiblek, but looks like stock 4.2 has group mms now built in!

Damn and it only took how long for them to figure this out? :)
  • 0 Likes

M Diddy

M Diddy

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:21 PM #92

Damn and it only took how long for them to figure this out? :)

Actually, the same guy the upped the code to the CM guys, also wrote the code an upped to the AOSP as well. Vivek Vasani. I saw the post on the AOSP group where JBQ asked him to submit. It's more than likely the same code with a few tweaks.

Edited by M Diddy, 14 November 2012 - 02:21 PM.

• 1 Likes

crashercarlton

crashercarlton

Android Lover

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:44 PM #93

another thing that sucks about aosp is my daily "picture sending through mms" i wish we could get dev's to work on the compression and while i've heard some say its carrier based i'm like bs touchwiz works just fine
  • 0 Likes
Carlton Crasher: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Computer : Core i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz, 8GB RAM, Asus Crossfire 7970's, Sandisk 256GB SSd
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Phones: Droid 2, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SIII

Bandwidth

Bandwidth

Average Android

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:15 AM #94

So, just to confirm everything and maybe even close out this thread...

Invisiblek AKA BOSS DADDY GROUPMESSAGEFRESH (it's late, too late) made group mms work in some nightly builds that he was releasing on the links he posted, but now they are implemented into CM10 4.2? Or will it be in Google's release of 4.2?

Basically, just trying to figure out where I should download my updated roms from that have group messaging fixed.

All of you are awesome!
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:12 AM #95

So, just to confirm everything and maybe even close out this thread...

Invisiblek AKA BOSS DADDY GROUPMESSAGEFRESH (it's late, too late) made group mms work in some nightly builds that he was releasing on the links he posted, but now they are implemented into CM10 4.2? Or will it be in Google's release of 4.2?

Basically, just trying to figure out where I should download my updated roms from that have group messaging fixed.

All of you are awesome!

Group Messaging is implemented in stock Android 4.2 now.
  • 0 Likes