3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Group Text Messaging

• Please log in to reply

OP Jetdr

Jetdr

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:37 AM #1

This topic gets brought up from time to time but it doesn't seem to get the attention I would think it deserves. I am by NO means a DEV or even have the first idea how you wizards figure this stuff out. BUT... I was wondering, is there anyway we could have Group Text messaging on Jelly Bean? I know there are a few APP's out there that attempt to do group text messaging but NONE of them (except the Verizon APP) actuallys handle group text messaging like it should. The Verizion APP works but it is truely UGLY.

There is a DEV over on the Android Central Forum that has this working and has also included his github changes. Can this possibly be kanged into CM? I would if I knew how. Attached is a link to the android central post that has all the info in it.

http://forums.androi...b-achieved.html

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate any help.

D2vzw test build build works great!!!

Edited by Jetdr, 07 October 2012 - 05:20 PM.

• 0 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:49 AM #2

i don't think it would be THAT hard to implement
does it work?

https://github.com/v...92c1684bdb46545
  • 2 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png
#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode

OP Jetdr

Jetdr

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 AM #3

I read through the thread. Seems to be working after he tweaked it. Euroskank had it baked into his ROM before the tweaks were made. Since then I can't find a ROM to test. Thanks for looking at it invisiblek!!! I follow you all the time...LOL You have been a great help to the forums.
  • 0 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:26 AM #4

i'll take a look tonight if i get some time
  • 1 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png

OP Jetdr

Jetdr

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:24 AM #5

Thanks Invisiblek, I really appreciate your time.
  • 0 Likes

con247

con247

Android Lover

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:50 PM #6

i'll take a look tonight if i get some time

Not sure if you have looked at his post at android central, but he made a couple changes that I don't think he pushed to github, but the changes are in the thread in code boxes. Apparently they fix the bugs that were found.
  • 0 Likes

OP Jetdr

Jetdr

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:06 PM #7

There are so many Android users that would benefit from this. Its just amazing that Google has left this out.

Thank you to both Con and Ivisiblek for looking at this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

invisiblek

invisiblek

iamr00t!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:10 PM #8

yea, definitely didn't get any time to look at this tonight, in the middle of a reload on my laptop
i'll look at it soon though if nobody else does

also, i want to make sure i know what this does.
basically it lets you send a text message to a bunch of people and when they respond, everyone gets it or something?
  • 0 Likes

ZjZj1cr.png

thesoldier

thesoldier

Super User

• 315 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:35 PM #9

yea, definitely didn't get any time to look at this tonight, in the middle of a reload on my laptop
i'll look at it soon though if nobody else does

also, i want to make sure i know what this does.
basically it lets you send a text message to a bunch of people and when they respond, everyone gets it or something?

Exactly, it's basically one thread that contains your messages that get sent to everybody, and their response goes to everybody as well. Very helpful when you get those isheep sending group messages!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

OP Jetdr

Jetdr

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:06 AM #10

It keeps the group message together. Android can SEND a group text but it can't receive a group text and keep it as a "group". When you send the text out as a group, when one of the "group" resonds, you get seperate received text messages. It doesn't keep the group together.

The Verizon APP has group texting and it actually works perfecty but it is a very 'OLD" looking UI. I personally use Titanium Backup to "freeze" the Android Messaging APP and load the verizon app (this keeps me from getting mutiple notifications). I group text with the Family all the time and it works great but I would love to see this fixed in the native Android OS so I don't have to use a third party app.
  • 0 Likes