1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Stock Firmware For Strait Talk's Samsing Galaxy SII Model (SGH-S959G)?

• Please log in to reply

OP aNdRoIdFrEaK88

aNdRoIdFrEaK88

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:36 AM #1

Is there any Stock Firmware And Kernels Out there yet For Strait Talk's Released Samsung Galaxy SII Model (SGH-S959G) yet? I'm rooted with the At&t root and can't flash Custom Recovery tried tons of different ways soft bricked it bout 6 times so Im just gonna wait until there is something out there for the ST's Galaxy s2 cause im guessing it;s impossible to flash custom recovery for this model at this time. Looking for the stock firmware and kernel to flash to completely stock to be able to re-root for this exact model the SGH-S959G. It's only been released since late August so I'm sure there's got to be something in the works now or soon since it's still pretty new. If there is any info on this or where I could find the Original Android Development for this model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • 0 Likes

x1xblinkx3x

x1xblinkx3x

Average Android

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:01 AM #2

I have the same exact phone from straight talk also...I am a noobie at this whole rooting process i really only want to root to be able to use the phone as a wifi hotspot...I'd really appreciate it if you could possibly guide me through this process or giving me some advice...really anything helps...you can email me at cad92089@yahoo.com or reply here i guess it'll send me an email as well. thanks in advance :)
  • 0 Likes

mitwell77

mitwell77

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:51 PM #3

Any news on development for this model? Can't find any help anywhere, and this phone is stuck on 2.3.6 gingerbread, with no hope ever of an update from straight talk!! Other variants of this phone are soon to get jelly bean, so we know the phone is capable of it...
  • 0 Likes

r00t4rd3d

r00t4rd3d

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:50 AM #4

We have made huge progress with this model phone. Stock firmware, CyanogenMod10.1, ClockworkMod Recovery, all are now available for this model phone.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1982571
  • 0 Likes