[RELEASE][ALPHA2][Discussion] CyanogenMod team Touchpad port

4M views 7K replies 1K participants last post by  Redflea 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
CyanogenMod for TouchPad

ALPHA 2

""DON'T LINK DIRECTLY TO THE FILES" EDITION

* READ THIS COMPLETELY *

Dear Internet,

** So! Everyone who linked directly to the alpha1 files....
your blog or video comment or whatever is now old and outdated!!! **

This is why we ask you to link directly to this thread instead. Now go update all your postings to here.

SPECIAL NOTE: ALL DISCLAIMERS FROM ALPHA 1 APPLY TO THIS VERSION AS WELL SO BE SURE TO REVIEW THEM. THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF ALPHA 2 MAY RESULT IN VERY BAD THINGS TO YOU, YOUR TOUCHPAD, YOUR DATA, YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND LOVED ONES. USE ALPHA 2 ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

You may install new updates using either ClockworkMod Recovery or ACME Installer. See below for more information.

Changelog:
(AKA things we hope we fixed)

* Plugging headphones in should now shut off speaker volume
* Battery drain issues have been (partially) addressed
* More apps now available in market (thanks to Flemmard)
* Temporarily removed suspect fsck_msdos to fix random folder deletion on media/sdcard.
* At least one type of "sleep of death" (TP won't wake up) has been fixed
* Wifi should no longer hang in sleep
* Vibrator no longer disappears
* Touchscreen no longer unresponsive after sleep
* cifs support added
* Touchstone should now charge better
* fixed broken links resulting from first version of installer (mount now works)
* pptp vpn now works
* OpenVPN TUN support added
* USB mounting in vold added
* Misc. fixes to ACME Installer (more graceful exits, nonstandard LVM media location handling, etc.)
* fixes to surfaceflinger to improve performance
* upstream cm7 changes added

Additionally, there is now an ACME UnInstaller for those who wish to remove the alpha completely. It should remove cm7 and reclaim the space back to the original media partition. Just as with the alpha itself, use the uninstaller at your own risk. Instructions for use are below.

Yours in endless love,

The CyanogenMod Team
www.cyanogenmod.com

FAQ ADDENDUM (ALPHA 2)

WHERE CAN I GO TO GET UPDATES ON CM7/CM9 FOR THE TOUCHPAD?
* For those familiar with IRC: join #cyanogenmod-touchpad on freenode(note: requires registered nickname to speak in channel)
* Major updates will be posted to the original post in this thread
* You can also follow @dalingrin on twitter for updates

I'M GETTING A "FILE NOT FOUND" ERROR WHEN I TRY "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller". WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

On Windows machines, novacom may be installed to "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\" , which may not be in the path of commands to execute from the command line. One solution is simply to copy the "ACMEInstaller" file to that folder and then use the "cd" (change directory) command to navigate to the folder and issue the command from there. Others have reported success by using "novacom.exe" instead of just "novacom".

Macintosh and Linux users may want try something similar-- use the full pathname of novacom. Depending where it was installed, you may find that a command such as this works:

/opt/nova/bin/novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller

THERE ARE TWO "UPDATE...ZIP" INSTALLER/UPDATERS? (1) ACME AND (2) CLOCKWORK. WHY IS THIS?

ClockworkMod Recovery is the standard way of installing update.zip files for most CyanogenMod devices. Unfortunately Clockwork could not handle the unique circumstances of the TouchPad-- namely the need to repartition to create new space for CyanogenMod as well as install and make use of moboot.

For that occasion, ACME Installer was created. ACME is able to do the initial install as well as install update...zip files. However, ACME is not interactive and must be run with novacom from a computer over the USB Cable.

While you may use ACME Installer to install most subsequent "update...zip" files, remember that it was designed primarily for use as an initial installer of moboot, clockwork, and cm. Clockworkmod Recovery on the other hand, can run and be operated from the TouchPad alone and offers additional features such as an interactive menu system, backup, and restore.

Which you choose in the future to use is up to you-- at present, moboot cannot yet be installed or updated by ClockworkMod. Soon, however, moboot will also be clockworkmod-compatible.

CM7 itself can be updated through either ClockworkMod Recovery or ACME Installer. So if a new version of CM7 comes along, you can use ClockworkMod (by copying the file to your "sdcard" partition and booting into ClockworkMod from the boot menu) or ACME (by copying the file to /cminstall in your "sdcard" partition and then running ACME Installer from novacom, just as you did before.

I'VE RECENTLY UPDATED WEBOS. IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO?

Yes. The WebOS update may have delinked moboot from the /boot directory. If you are no longer able to see a boot menu, it is advised you use ACME Installer to re-install moboot.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ZIP FILES TO INSTALL? WHY NOT JUST HAVE "ONE ZIP TO RULE THEM ALL"?

In future, you may want to update moboot or clockworkmod independently or downgrade to an older version. The zip files are meant to be installed on an as-needed basis. In the future, you may update ONLY moboot to a newer version. And now you know how to do it.

I FORGOT TO INSTALL MOBOOT/CLOCKWORKMOD! DO I NEED TO START ALL OVER NOW?

Nope. These zip files were made to be independent so you can mix and match and update them whenever you want.

If you want to update/install moboot or clockworkmod independently, you can always (from cm7) plug your USB to your touchpad, then look for the USB icon in the notification bar. Use your finger to expose the notification tray, and then select the USB mount notification, and then instruct Android to mount to your computer. Then, just add the moboot.zip or update-clockworkmod.zip to the "cminstall" directory (you may need to add it if it doesn't exist). And, as before, restart the TouchPad with the up-volume held down until you see the USB symbol. Then, with the USB cable attached to the PC, re-run AcmeInstaller with novacom.​

MAC USER HERE. I KEEP DOWNLOADING THE .ZIPS, BUT THEY SEEM TO BE AUTOMATICALLY UNZIPPED.

This is an (unfortunate) default setting regarding the processing of "safe files" in Safari. It can be changed in preferences, but an easy solution is to download the zips from Chrome or Firefox so they are not auto-processed.

WHY ISN'T THE LIGHT SENSOR WORKING?

It was mentioned above, but you need to check "Enable Light Decrease" in cyanogenmod settings->display->automatic backlight

HOW DO I TURN ON THE LOCKSCREEN?

Make sure that Settings->CyanogenMod->Tablet Tweaks->Disable Lockscreen is not checked.

You can set the lockscreen of your choice at Settings->CyanogenMod->Lockscreen->Style options->Lockscreen style.​

WILL YOU TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE WEBOS ENTIRELY?

Nah. We like WebOS. Furthermore, we don't recommend removing it. In future it may be needed for updates and such. Plus it doesn't take up much space, and you may find yourself wanting to give it a second look some day

HOW DO I MODIFY STUFF IN THE /SYSTEM PARTITION?

Be advised-- changing files around in your system partition can easily lead to problems if you screw something up. Should that happen, you may need to reinstall using clockworkmod recovery or ACME Installer.

You can use the "adb" tool to issue a command that will allow you to change files on the /system partition.

$ adb remount

(again, the $ represents the prompt from your computer, not part of the command)

HOW DO I CLEAR OUT *ALL* MY WIFI SETTINGS AND START FRESH?

If you find that your wifi is "strobing" on and off, or you wish to completely wipe out all wifi settings, you can do this in one of three ways:

THE "RIGHT" WAY (USING ADB):

adb shell rm -rf /data/misc/wifi && reboot

(this will remove the settings and then force a reboot)

THE "I-DON'T HAVE ADB INSTALLED" WAY:

From the Terminal app.

# rm -rf /data/misc/wifi && reboot

(similar command as above. The # is a prompt-- don't type that part. If you see a $ prompt instead, type "su" (no quotes) and it should become a #)​

THE VERY DRAMATIC "I DON"T MIND LOSING *ALL* MY SETTINGS" WAY

Boot into clockworkmod recovery. Do a factory reset. This will remove your wifi settings... along with ALL your personal settings and apps. Only use this if you understand that you will effectively be resetting CM7 to the first time you ran it.​

HOW DOES "MOBOOT" WORK EXACTLY AND HOW CAN I ADD ADDITIONAL OPERATING SYSTEMS OR BOOT CONFIGURATIONS?

Documentation regarding the configuration of moboot to support additional boot options/preferences will be forthcoming.

One thing to know is that the space in the /boot partition is extremely limited at the moment, and cannot be easily re-sized, as it will freak out WebOS Doctor and may create other issues. Unless and until the /boot partition can be extended, this size limitation will affect the number of OSes that can be squeezed onto the TouchPad at one time.

(Technical aside: one idea on expanding /boot to allow for virtually unlimited OSes would be to have an extra logical volume that would contain the required files. this volume would then be mounted to a mount point in /boot by moboot. Implementing this will be a fairly significant undertaking and is low on the list of priorities. However, if someone with the right technical experience wishes to know more about this, please visit #moboot on IRC freenode to discuss.)

IS THERE A BUG DATABASE?

There's an "issue" database. Before you submit your issue, be sure to search carefully to make sure it has not been previously reported. If you post a "dup", you may be roundly mocked and jeered.

Also, avoid "me too" posts. Remember that any comment you add will be emailed to every person who has subscribed to that issue, so avoid "me too" posts. That is, don't comment that you are experiencing the issue as well, unless you have something important to contribute to the conversation.

That said, here is the URL for the issue database:

http://code.google.c...pad/issues/list

HOW DO I COMPLETELY REMOVE THIS ALPHA FROM THE TOUCHPAD?

There is now an ACME Uninstaller (which is subject to the same disclaimers as the alpha 1 installer. Try using at your own risk.) ACME Uninstaller is used almost exactly as the ACMEInstaller was, only unlike the installation process, it is not necessary to copy any files to the TouchPad. To use, simply download and unzip the Uninstaller. Then connect the TouchPad to your computer via USB. Then restart the TouchPad with the volume-up key held until you see the large, white USB logo. Then, issue this command on your Terminal/Command Line on your computer:

$ novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller

As before, the "$" above represents your computer's prompt and should not be typed.

(Note: Depending on whether novacom is in the executation path on your computer, you may need to move the ACMEUninstaller into the same folder or directory as novacom or novacom.exe. Since you have previously run ACME Installer, you should already be familiar with this process).

That's it!​

ANY OTHER TIPS?

* If you suspect something may not be working due to incorrect permissions, you can type "fix_permissions" (no quotes) in the terminal to reset all file permissions to normal.

* Settings->ADW Launcher->Screen -> Desktop Columns. Set to 8 for more space on the Launcher screen.​

ALPHA 1 FAQ

WHAT KIND OF WARRANTY DOES THIS SOFTWARE COME WITH, IF ANY?

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE PROJECT AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROJECT OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Got it? Good.​

WHAT IS CYANOGENMOD FOR TOUCHPAD?

CyanogenMod is a community-developed and supported Android distribution for over 60 tablets and phones. This ported version is for the recently discontinued HP TouchPad tablet.

In truth, this "alpha" version is not intended for the general public. Rather, those technically competent hobbyists and developers who are interested in testing an early development version and fully understand the risks of doing so may find interest in it. But there are many bugs and problems in this alpha version. There will be MANY app compatibility issues as well.

WHAT IS THE "ALPHA 1" VERSION AND HOW DO I INSTALL IT?

*** This early version represents the start of a process, not the end, and as such will not be sufficiently awesome, so take any expectations you have and lower them. Now lower them about five feet below that. ***

To be clear, you are encouraged NOT to install this software, as the alpha is only a test version and as stated above, there is no claim that it is fit for any purpose. You may experience issues ranging from the benign to the very serious, including potential data leakage, and/or permanent loss of data, and even the possible "bricking" or permanent disabling of your device. Or worse. It can't be emphasized enough how risky its use may be. Try it entirely at your own risk and with full understanding of the potential for problems and acceptance of any consequences that may result.

That said, if you do understand, acknowlege, and accept these risks and still want to continue, there are installation instructions (and additional exciting caveats and warnings) bundled with ACME Installer.​

DOES INSTALLING CYANOGENMOD VOID MY WARRANTY WITH HP?

While HP has expressed moral support for the project ("For those of you in the development community actively working to port Android to the Touchpad, we applaud your efforts"), other HP representatives have also stated that "anyone who loads Android on their Touchpad voids their warranty."

Therefore, it may be prudent to assume that installing (or attempting to install) Android or any other OS besides the stock WebOS would result in the voiding of your manufacturer's warranty. Generally speaking, you must assume any and all risk when experimenting with this software.​

DOES ROM MANAGER WORK?

Not completely. It can't be used to install or update ClockworkMod Recovery for example. Developer Koush will first need to add TouchPad compatibility to Rom Manager.

ONCE THE ALPHA IS INSTALLED, HOW DO I UPDATE FROM THERE?

Once CM is installed, you can use the original ACME installer to install most (but not all) subsequent "update...zip" files you come across.

Or, if you have installed and are familiar with ClockworkMod Recovery, you can also use it to install "update...zip" files as you would for other CyanogenMod devices.​

WHAT IS THIS "CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY" EXACTLY?

ClockworkMod Recovery, which you can start into from the boot menu, is a special "Recovery" mode-- often used in emergencies when your regular system doesn't load for some reason. Once you have started ClockWorkMod, you are presented with a series of menus and can chose to reset your installation of CyanogenMod to factory settings or load or format individual areas (called "partitions") of your installation.

Additionally, ClockworkMod can be used to back up or restore your entire Cyanogenmod installation to your SD Card. It can also install updates from special "update files" (which are usually named update-some-name.zip).

Since ClockworkMod Recovery is part of CyanogenMod, it is only "aware" of your Cyanogenmod installation. It can not back up or install updates to WebOS or any other operating system.​

THE TOUCHPAD DOESN'T HAVE AN SD CARD SLOT. YET CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY AND OTHER APPS IN CYANOGENMOD MAY REQUIRE ME TO USE AN SD CARD. WHAT NOW?

If you've used WebOS, you may be familiar with the user-accessible "media" partition that can be mounted to your computer via USB. Well, that "media" partition is now also shared with ClockworkMod Recovery and CyanogenMod, both of whom now identify it as the SD Card (or /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard). So think of this area as a "fake" SD Card, which can be accessed from WebOS, ClockworkMod Recovery, AND CyanogenMod. You can therefore use it as a common area to share files between different operating systems as well as mount it to your PC (again, from different boots). Neat, huh?​

I KEEP SEEING REFERENCES TO "MOBOOT". WHAT'S THAT?

MoBoot is a project separate from CyanogenMod, lead by jcsullins and tmzt and based on the "lk" project, which allows the TouchPad to boot into multiple operating systems or recovery images. Technically speaking, it loads just after the "bootie" bootloader that comes with the TouchPad, and displays a menu for the user to select whether they'd like to boot into the stock WebOS or Cyanogenmod, or something else.

You can install the latest version of moboot using ACME Installer. It can NOT yet be installed from ClockworkMod Recovery.

More information about using moboot can be found on IRC (freenode server) in the #moboot channel.

Or, you can learn more about the project at:

http://code.google.com/p/moboot

SO WHERE DO I REPORT BUGS?

The issue list is currently at http://code.google.c...pad/issues/list

To avoid duplication, do not submit a new issue until you have thoroughly read the existing issues.

OH NOES! I SCREWED EVERYTHING UP! WHAT DO I DO IF I "BRICK" OR SOMEHOW MY TABLET STOPS WORKING?

After you freak out and regret having tried this, you can attempt to hold down the "home" button and the power button together for about 30 seconds.

DIDN'T WORK

Still nothing? Or maybe you have a dreaded triangle-with-an-exclamation-mark on the screen?

Another "emergency" idea (for advanced folks only) is to boot ClockWorkMod Recovery *directly* from your computer via USB cable rather than from the TouchPad's internal storage. To try this, find an "update...zip" file that contains ClockWorkMod. Inside this zip file is a file called something like "uImage.ClockWorkMod". Extract/unzip that file to your computer, then use novacom (which you used with ACME installer) to "inject" ClockworkMod into your TouchPad.

This process should be familiar to you-- very similar in fact to using ACME Installer. It's done by starting the tablet with the up-volume key held down. When you see the USB icon, connect your computer to the TouchPad via USB, then, in a Terminal, navigate on your computer to where the uImage.ClockWorkmod file is, and type:

novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod

Assuming everything went well and ClockworkMod did start up, you may now use CWM to re-install "update...zip" files, restore from backups, format partitions, or reset everything to factory settings. Or use ADB (search online for "ADB" if you're not familiar with this fantastic Android tool) to figure out what's wrong.​

I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF WHAT YOU JUST SAID. CAN'T I JUST START OVER?

Sounds like you should give the "WebOS Doctor" a shot. The WebOS Doctor is a program from HP that is used, effectively, to wipe your TouchPad and reinstall the WebOS software so you can begin anew. Get more info here:

http://ws.hpwebos.co...octor/sorry.htm

The very helpful homebrew site WebOS-Internals.org also has a page that talks about how to use it:

http://www.webos-int.../How_To_Recover

DO I HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS FOR HELP?

If none of the above ideas helped, you'll have to go online for assistance.

Browse to http://webchat.freenode.net/ and fill out the web form. Under "Channels", put #cyanogenmod-touchpad and hopefully someone there will have some helpful advice. It is usually not necessary to preface your question with "Can I ask a question?"-- just go ahead and ask.

You may also try one of the many support forums at www.rootzwiki.com or www.xda-developers.com or another Android site.

To a large extent, the Android community will have to help each other as this is an unofficial, buggy release with no corporate, official, or really *any* support. Now you know the reason for all the caveats and warnings.​

WHERE IS THE SOURCE CODE FOR THIS RELEASE?

Some of the Android code licensed under the Apache and other Open Source licenses for this alpha test version is not yet available to the general public. However, all GNU Public Licensed software that comprises CyanogenMod, including the kernel, is available at http://www.github.com/cyanogenmod. The kernel for TouchPad used by this project is available at https://github.com/C...rnel-tenderloin .

When appropriate (hopefully sooner rather than later), CyanogenMod will open the code, and patches/fixes can then be submitted by developers via Gerrit at:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com

IS THIS ALPHA OVERCLOCKED?

Overclocking is optional and can be done with an app like SetCPU. Keep in mind it can cause additional instability!​

HOW CAN I DONATE TO THIS PROJECT?

To be clear, the key developers of CyanogenMod for TouchPad are not interested in monetary donations for this effort. This is a project motivated by the challenge and satisfaction of working on the port itself, not by financial reward. The developers have previously announced that any "bounty" won for completing this port to TouchPad will be donated to charity.

That said, there are some who have insisted on making some kind of donation to express their support and gratitude. It should therefore be noted that the official CyanogenMod Web site does have a "donation" area in the bottom right-hand corner of the front page.

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Also, the CM for TP developers recommend you learn about the Electronic Frontier Foundation ( http://www.eff.org ), which is an organization fighting to preserve and protect the legal rights of the common citizen in this rapidly changing digital age. As large companies and governments try to limit or narrow your rights, the EFF is on the front lines defending the public interest. A contribution to the EFF is also tax-deductible for United States citizens. As supporters, the developers invite you to visit the EFF web site and learn more about their activities and goals.

http://www.eff.org

I AM A "KANGER" WHO WANTS TO TAKE CYANOGENMOD, MODIFY SOME MINOR FEATURE SUCH AS FONTS OR THEMES, THEN OFFER IT UNDER A NEW NAME AND ASK FOR DONATIONS (OR SELL IT) AS IF THIS IS ALL MY WORK. CAN YOU HELP ME?

Absolutely not. One of the concerns about releasing an early alpha is the sad fact that unscrupulous parasites will creep from the shadows of the Internet, slap their name on this port, then try to sell it for an inflated and unwarranted profit. This has been the case for CM on other devices, and we expect, unfortunately, the same thing will likely happen here.

While the GPL and Apache licenses certainly allow CyanogenMod and Android to be sold, and while there may be legitimate occasions where installation or support expenses may warrant or justify charging money, the CM for Touchpad developers are unified in disgust for those who prey upon the uninformed by simply not telling them that a free version of the software is available or by claiming in their advertisements or to the media (who should know better) that they have created or designed the port themselves.

To be clear now-- mods, themes, remixes, and hacks are great- it's the life blood of open source. And there's nothing at all wrong with asking for donations or even charging for something of value you've contributed. But skimming off the free work of others is plain douchy. And not in a good way.

So the developers ask YOU, beloved Internet, to do your part in keeping an eye out for each other's welfare, and enlighten those, including in the media, who might otherwise be taken in by unscrupulous hucksters.

SO WHAT ABOUT YOU? WHO DO YOU WANT TO THANK?

Shout-outs, yeah! Let's start with Hewlett Packard/Palm -- for creating a wonderful tablet, then making it affordable. We are inspired and encouraged by their commitment to Open Source (and do hope this kernel source kerfuffle is resolved quickly). Generally speaking, we really like WebOS and especially the WebOS community, and wanted to made sure that WebOS would continue to be accessible along with CM7, so that users can have the best of all worlds. While thanking HP, it's appropriate to also thank their technical partner Qualcomm, whose Code Aurora project makes CM7 possible not only on the TouchPad, but many other devices as well.

Thanks to Rootzwiki for hosting a forum where people could have meta-conversations about what was appropriate for the forum, as well as meta-meta-conversations and meta-meta-meta conversations... to degrees extending into meta-oblivion. Similarly, thanks to the residents of the freenode IRC channel #cyanogenmod-touchpad for never, ever asking for an ETA. Again, big ups to the WebOS homebrew community for their participation and willingness to offer all kinds of technical insights into how things worked. Particularly we'd like to recognize http://www.webos-internals.org as a source of enlightenment for anyone who's interested in WebOS. If you haven't installed their excellent Preware by now, you have no excuse. Go do it.

A special moment of recognition goes to the members of Team TouchDroid. Wow, that was some drama, huh?

There are countless others who deserve buku credit-- Google, Github, Kernel.org, the wider CyanogenMod and Android community, the thread-that-never-ended on slickdeals.net, those who contributed TouchPads to developers, our teachers, parents, wives, husbands, children, pets, Newton, Tesla, Turing, etc. But this isn't the Grammys, so we'll stop here. The general point is to recognize that all developers stand on the shoulders of giants.

So thanks, everyone, for your help and support so far. And if anyone was missed, sorry.​

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ICE CREAM SANDWICH COMES OUT?

You mean the next version of Android expected from Google sometime in November '11? Well, if the transition from Froyo (2.2) to Gingerbread (2.3) is a model, it may take several months from the release of the Ice Cream Sandwich source code before a viable port to TouchPad is available.

Or not. Ya never know.​

WHERE IS THE SOURCE CODE?

Source code can be found at http://www.github.com/cyanogenmod
As of alpha 1 the kernel source is open. The rest of the source will be opened
as soon as some code can be merged into mainline CM7. This expected to happen
very soon.

DOWNLOADS
Initial install will require multiple files to download. Download the installer README first
and be sure you understand the directions.
Note: Please do not link directly to files. Link only to this thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alpha2:

Note: Alpha2 is an extremely rough build. Expect more crashes than you can count. Many many things do not work yet.

Before Installing watch this video for an overview of the process for the initial install:
http://tinyurl.com/3exy2v8

README and Installer:
http://goo-inside.me...MEInstaller.zip
md5: 8c140a93e4451977174aa896e5c8bdf4

Uninstaller
http://mirror.dal.td...ACMEUninstaller
md5: a08ba78a39b0a0d1efe745e2c74aca20

CM7:
Alpha2.1
http://mirror.dal.td...-fullofbugs.zip
http://goo-inside.me...-fullofbugs.zip
md5: 43e811fc10da37696a6fce20d6118bb2

Alpha1(old)
http://mirror.dal.td...-fullofbugs.zip
http://goo-inside.me...-fullofbugs.zip
md5: 2d3a4f1984c025a07f7cff0d43b3aae1

Clockwork Recovery:
http://mirror.dal.td...erloin-1012.zip
http://goo-inside.me...erloin-1012.zip
md5: 1308300f38685d44afde730efd9132cc

Moboot(bootloader menu)
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Please keep the conversations civil!

First video:
Second video:
Third video:
Fourth video:
Alpha video: http://tinyurl.com/43gwjlo

See less See more
2 3
#2 ·
Love your work dalingrin, when this touchpad madness started, first question i asked was if you had gotten one yet, as your work on the Nook Color is nothing short of amazing. Looking forward to being a nightly flash addict on the Topaz soon enough, and thanks to the cm7 team for just doing it instead of doing interviews. I wish i had a spare touchpad for you guys!

#5 ·
QuePaso said:
Love your work dalingrin, when this touchpad madness started, first question i asked was if you had gotten one yet, as your work on the Nook Color is nothing short of amazing. Looking forward to being a nightly flash addict on the Topaz soon enough, and thanks to the cm7 team for just doing it instead of doing interviews. I wish i had a spare touchpad for you guys!
Hey guys, is there source or anything that I can take a looksie at to see if I can potentially help out or not???? =3 was trying on my own but am WAY behind you guys so I figured I'd just help you as I can =P

#7 ·
dalingrin said:
Note that we are not racing to be first as evidenced by the fact that the video we posted was recorded days ago. We are mainly coming forward now to lend some credibility to our work and ask for help in locating Touchpads for the remaining developers.
Dalingrin I am awaiting some 32gb Touchpads that will be here Tuesday and might be able to help you and the CM7 team since I know it will help in going twords a good cause and I like that you are aiming to give the option to dual boot. If you want e-mail me (this is strictly for Dalingrin).

#8 ·
For the moment though, we need about 4 tablets, as we have talented and experienced developers who cannot contribute effectively due to a lack of hardware. If you have an extra touchpad and are willing to help the cause, please let us know in the comments below.
I have hp touchpads awaiting shipment to me. When and if i receive them I will definitely donate at least one to you. Please keep me updated on your needs.

#13 ·
This is wonderful. I like WebOS so far, but I would love the ability to dual boot Android, as Android does quite a few things better than WebOS.

I've also been a long time CyanogenMod user.

This looks much more promising than any of the other Android on TouchPad teams.

If I had an extra TouchPad (I only purchased one), I would most definitely help out.

#26 ·
Team_eP said:
imo, just PM them don't make a post after PMing. Floods the thread with crap when it should be used for updates.
FYI you can uncheck to receive notifications from PMs from standard users. He's more likely to receive a thread notification since hes subscribed to the thread.
YOU are the one flooding the thread with your crap.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.