Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Cspire gs3

• Please log in to reply

OP BBrad

BBrad

Banned

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:17 PM #1

They need too make a thread for the cspire galaxy s 3 I want too put jellybean on it but of course there's no thread. PLEASE MAKE ONE
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

abcleanonme

abcleanonme

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:26 PM #2

I agree. I just picked mine up and can't wait to get started. We need to sort out what the differences are with this model (its SCH-L710, which would put it close to Sprint's version) and we need a separate forum to do so.
  • 0 Likes

OP BBrad

BBrad

Banned

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:26 PM #3

Yea they need too get on it or merge threads. I'm wanna put it on my friends but of course there's nothing for it because there's not a forum. Right bow I'm using my sgs 1 running on jelly bean still works like new but I want a sgs3 but until there's some devoloment for it I won't be buying it

• 0 Likes

tehphr4nk

tehphr4nk

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:58 AM #4

I agree. I just picked mine up and can't wait to get started. We need to sort out what the differences are with this model (its SCH-L710, which would put it close to Sprint's version) and we need a separate forum to do so.

I thought that C Spire got the same devices as US Cellular, though my understanding may be wrong. And if the device is the same as US Cellular wouldn't all we have to do it modify the build.prop of a US Cellular build and insert C Spire's carrier code?
  • 0 Likes

abcleanonme

abcleanonme

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:09 AM #5

This is what I thought. When flashing in CWM, the CM10 for Sprint flashes with no problems. However, the USC build of CM10 fails with

assert failed:  getprop("ro.product.device") == "dsusc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2usc"
E: Error in /emmc/Download/cm-10-20120929-NIGHTLY-d2usc.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I suppose this could be changed in the build.prop but I wasn't sure if there were any other risks associated.

Edited by abcleanonme, 01 October 2012 - 11:10 AM.

• 0 Likes

tehphr4nk

tehphr4nk

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:43 AM #6

This is what I thought. When flashing in CWM, the CM10 for Sprint flashes with no problems. However, the USC build of CM10 fails with

assert failed:  getprop("ro.product.device") == "dsusc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2usc"
E: Error in /emmc/Download/cm-10-20120929-NIGHTLY-d2usc.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I suppose this could be changed in the build.prop but I wasn't sure if there were any other risks associated.

It looks like you're right. Using Sprint's rooting method is working for C Spire Phones. I am little timid to link to XDA, but never the less. ROMs are still iffy.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1912634

I wonder if I could take a Sprint rom and put C Spire's carrier code in there and get better service.
  • 0 Likes

jasonc331

jasonc331

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:57 PM #7

Can any of you cspire guys post a build.prop and apn ? All the USC roms break data and I have 2 different APN setting found on the net. Maybe one of you have a SG2 if not any post would help then maybe we can get a Cspire converter
  • 0 Likes

OP BBrad

BBrad

Banned

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:51 AM #8

Look in the cspire showcase section it has a ROM convertor it should work for the gs2 been it just inserting a carrier code

• 0 Likes

Baked_Tator

Baked_Tator

Loving my Gakaxy S III

• 595 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:20 AM #9

One of you guys need to get ahold of someone from the cyanogenmod team and get them what they need to start building cm10 for your sgs3...after that is done and you start getting stable builds, you can start talking to other teams and getting official support....I suggest getting ahold of noobnl to get help getting cm10 working for your phone

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes
I should rename myself to Baked_Kanger!!! lmao

If you like the ROMs and stuff i make or Kang please hit the thanks button, and if its something I kanged, please hit the thanks button for the people i kanged it from...its only right!

jasonc331

jasonc331

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:23 AM #10

Yeah we (Cspire Users ) don't get much love :) But if one of you don't mind please post the build.prop and apn. So I can check if I have something wrong. I used a USC Samsung tool to get me back to stock and don't have an original.
  • 0 Likes