Rate this Topic

* * * * -
2 votes

[Odin] Stock Mesmerize and Showcase Files - Multiple Carriers

• Please log in to reply

buzman78

buzman78

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:01 PM #61

"Can i just flash a new modem over what I currently have, JB and what not on my mez... I am having some issues and I think that bringing in the new modem may work..
Here is the issue:
I cannot update my phone by *228... i get through everything and no dice. Also, sometimes I get missed calls, without showing in the call log, but I get the voicemail from the calls..

any suggestions?"

Not sure if I can help but what carrier? Ntelos?

Also w/ my phone the 3g is fine however MMS is not.
  • 0 Likes

xxxntwv

xxxntwv

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:58 AM #62

you can just flash the modem but if your running jb then its probly not going to help.seems to be a problem with all jb roms.
  • 0 Likes

buzman78

buzman78

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 AM #63

MMS update!!! For NTELOS

I ran across a messaging app that allows you to manually install the apn info you need to get MMS working on your carrier.

The app is GO SMS Pro https://play.google....id=com.jb.gosms

To get to the manual settings for the APNs
1) Menu button
2) Settings
3) At the top in the blue bar hit "Advanced"
4) Toward the bottom of the list "MMS Settings"
5) Toward the bottom check "Fill APN configuration manually"
6) highlight MMS and enter http://mms.ntelospcs.net/

Back out of the menu and try sending a MMS to yourself.

When I did that all of the other MMS messages I had tried to send on the stock messaging app were also sent.

I have also used the app APN backup and Restore to try and fix this issue so I did a backup of the APN thinking that this file had changed, however it was still the same. SO since my phone is rooted I'll probably try to delete the stock messaging app and keep GO SMS Pro running. It apparently has some other features people like so I'll dig into it some more. Just glad MMS works now.

Edited by buzman78, 17 January 2013 - 05:40 AM.

• 1 Likes

puk3n

puk3n

Android Apprentice

• 483 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:20 AM #64

MMS update!!! For NTELOS

I ran across a messaging app that allows you to manually install the apn info you need to get MMS working on your carrier.

The app is GO SMS Pro https://play.google....id=com.jb.gosms

To get to the manual settings for the APNs
1) Menu button
2) Settings
3) At the top in the blue bar hit "Advanced"
4) Toward the bottom of the list "MMS Settings"
5) Toward the bottom check "Fill APN configuration manually"
6) highlight MMS and enter http://mms.ntelospcs.net/

Back out of the menu and try sending a MMS to yourself.

When I did that all of the other MMS messages I had tried to send on the stock messaging app were also sent.

I have also used the app APN backup and Restore to try and fix this issue so I did a backup of the APN thinking that this file had changed, however it was still the same. SO since my phone is rooted I'll probably try to delete the stock messaging app and keep GO SMS Pro running. It apparently has some other features people like so I'll dig into it some more. Just glad MMS works now.

nice! so the modem flash obviously worked :) ha! you solved your own problem too
  • 0 Likes
Device: SCH-530U (32GB)
ON ROM: RootBox
Recovery: TWRP 2.4.X.X
Kernel: 3.4.36-cyanogenMod
...Live like a child, think like the god.

OP showcasemodr

showcasemodr

Super User

• 373 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:39 AM #65

If you use RomKonverter on the latest nightly the APNs should be set so that MMS will work without any issues. Plus the banner pulldown should say nTelos.
  • 0 Likes

bwarman18

bwarman18

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:22 PM #66

For those who don't understand. This forum is about installing fascinate ROM on the SCH-s950c showcase, because if people did by procedures there obviously wouldn't be questions about why this and that is happening.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki

And ntelnos is not Verizon network ing. And once again this was done manually without some published convertor

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
2 chainz

Jeremiah Normile

Jeremiah Normile

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:32 AM #67

Help me please!! my galaxy s showcase from spire is on a ei20 Rom tar file for this but my 3g will not work! any help would be nice!!

• 0 Likes

Dagex

Dagex

Banned

• 160 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:38 PM #68

Help me please!! my galaxy s showcase from spire is on a ei20 Rom tar file for this but my 3g will not work! any help would be nice!!

what's your radio

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

larryp1962

larryp1962

LUV DEM ANDROIDS

• 848 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:21 PM #69

DIAL *228
  • 0 Likes