Rate this Topic

19 votes

UNOFFICIAL CM9 with working camera

• Please log in to reply

OP Dorregaray

Dorregaray

Super User

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:39 AM #961

Trying to help my dad uninstall Android on his HP Touchpad he bought a year ago and can't use when I am not home as he can't figure out how to select WebOS when he boots it (sad).  I don't have the Palm, Inc on my computer as I wasn't the one who installed Android and the girl who did won't help me as it was a year ago. ARGH so I need help please before tomorrow afternoon when I fly home to do this for my dad so he can use it.
Crystal.

There's a tutorial on installing CM10 on TouchPad here: http://rootzwiki.com...-edited-101713/

• 0 Likes

paulkallol

paulkallol

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:58 AM #962

Hi Members,

After a long wait (waiting for a stable version) i decided to upgrade my HP TouchPad to Android CM10 using the instructions given on this website. I first did CM9 (keyboard not working issue) and then finally upgraded to CM10 with the files and instructions given under the articles section of this site. Everything was clean and was very happy with the output until today morning when all of a sudden when i swipe on the home to unlock, it by default opens up the CAMERA App and i have to press the HOME button to come out of it every time. Can someone help me to get rid of this Camera App popping up every time at unlock?

Paul

• 0 Likes

3rick.92

3rick.92

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:35 PM #963

First, thank you for all you have done wit the TP. Been following all builds since day one. I have attached a screenshot to show my TP build... Everything seems to work flawlessly, however, no Camera. Also no camera working on WebOs. Please help with resolution, and sorry in advance if this was already answered @ any other posts or threads. Thank you. Huge TP fan... Need of a little help please.. Screenshot_2013-11-04-23-29-37.png
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:20 PM #964

First, thank you for all you have done wit the TP. Been following all builds since day one. I have attached a screenshot to show my TP build... Everything seems to work flawlessly, however, no Camera. Also no camera working on WebOs. Please help with resolution, and sorry in advance if this was already answered @ any other posts or threads. Thank you. Huge TP fan... Need of a little help please.. attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-11-04-23-29-37.png

If you have no camera in Android or WebOS, either your camera is broken or has become disconnected.  Some have tried pressing firmly but carefully on either side of the camera to try to reseat it.  That may or may not help.  

• 0 Likes

3rick.92

3rick.92

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:05 PM #965

Thanks for the response, Unfortunately did not help by pressing down on camera. It had work shortly back in MAY... But for some odd reason i keep getting "camera error" when open up. And on WebOs it just stays loading with the camera logo in front of gray background... Sucks if it is broken. Any other suggestions?
  • 0 Likes

OP Dorregaray

Dorregaray

Super User

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:35 AM #966

Thanks for the response, Unfortunately did not help by pressing down on camera. It had work shortly back in MAY... But for some odd reason i keep getting "camera error" when open up. And on WebOs it just stays loading with the camera logo in front of gray background... Sucks if it is broken. Any other suggestions?

I'm not aware on any other option to get it fixed except sending the device to the HP for repair

• 0 Likes

3rick.92

3rick.92

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:22 PM #967

I'm not aware on any other option to get it fixed except sending the device to the HP for repair

Crazy... But it works now. Lol pessed the camera a bit harder and.. Whalaa! Thank you so much, niw to the next project... "INCREASING MORE INTERNAL STORAGE" for more space for apps and games..
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:36 PM #968

Crazy... But it works now. Lol pessed the camera a bit harder and.. Whalaa! Thank you so much, niw to the next project... "INCREASING MORE INTERNAL STORAGE" for more space for apps and games..

http://rootzwiki.com...of-cyanogenmod/
  • 0 Likes