Android OS Forum banner

Guide For switching from CM4DX to CM4DX GB

53K views 99 replies 44 participants last post by  Shane269 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was on CM7 froyo official with the current nightly. I took the simple install method.

1. Download Rev's CM74DX GB nightly and check MD5
2. Hold power down and select reboot recovery
3. Make a nandroid back up.
4. Select mounts and storage
A. Format system
B. Format Data
C. Format Cache
D. Mount system
5. Install the Team Black Hat All in One GB.605 file
6. Wipe data factory reset. (not sure if this is necessary)
7. Install latest CM4DX GB file
8. Use advanced restore to restore data only CM4DX
9. Install newest GAAPS file
10. Reboot system.
11. Activate phone.

I have found there is no need to reboot in between the steps as your just layering files on top of files anyway.
This will get you to all the same settings that were previously included on your phone with out a lot of messing around. It worked for me but YMMV.

Pick your radio file here.
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3237-RADIOS-All-Baseband-Updaters

See less See more
#2 ·
i followed this as well, worked fine and as expected...

i tend to take most shortcuts, if only to test them out so i can either learn from the horrific mistake or to better help others.

it does help that I'm fairly confident in fixing myself when they do go wrong however

#4 ·
Someone else suggested this method and it worked for me:

-wiped data x 2, cache, dalvik
-sbf'd to 4.5.596
-accepted the .602 update
-used the droid 3 root method
-droid 2 bootstrapped into cwr
-wiped data again (just to be safe)
-flashed the latest CM4DXGB (8/26b3) build and 7/29/11 gapps

I should mention that RevNumbers has mentioned that using any gapps other than the 6/13 makes DSP force close, though I haven't had this issue personally with 7/29.

#5 ·
I wanted to forgo the TBH AIO to be sure I had a clean stock base. These were my steps coming from official CM nightlies:

1. SBFed to stock .340 firmware.
2. Changed VCODER to EVRC-B (you can skip this step)
3. Activated *228 option 1
4. Accepted the OTA Motorola Update to .602 and radio .13P
5. Rooted with the D3 Oneclick
6. Installed D2 Bootstrap and booted into CWM Recovery
7. Wiped: Cash, Data, Dalvik
8. Installed the 8-29 Gingerbread Nightly
9. Advanced Recovery: Data
10. Re-installed the nightly ROM per instructions on another thread when doing a data restore. (may not be needed)
11. Installed 6-13 GAPPS
12. Installed Imoseyon Tweeks 7.1 http://www.imoseyon.com/ (Optional)
13. Boot
14. Updated version of CWM to 2nd-init via ROM Manager Premium
15. Enjoy!

#12 ·
Shane269 said:
I was on CM7 froyo official with the current nightly. I took the simple install method.

A. Format system
B. Format Data
C. Format Cache
D. Mount system
5. Install the Team Black Hat All in One GB.602 file
10. Reboot system.
11. Activate phone.

I have found there is no need to reboot in between the steps as your just layering files on top of files anyway.
This will get you to all the same settings that were previously included on your phone with out a lot of messing around. It worked for me but YMMV.
Holy fek, dood... You're my hero! Worked like a charm, and no SBF, no reboots, just sheer GB Kernel goodness. Thanks so much! Worked PERFECTLY. Why the fek mess with all those other methods that require multiple reboots and rooting GB??

#13 ·
I am glad this is helping people. I tried this method after a sbf and stock GB upgrade I started with a clean install and was adding my apps back to my phone it seemed like a lot of messing around so I came up with this plan and it worked. I figured if all else failed I could sbf. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

#14 ·
yeah i figured if issues arose a sbf was gonna work fine. i only don't like the unplanned sbf's, as i always worry i forgot to backup something

funny that I've seen lots of people on other sites borking this rom install (esp. when using the aio) or just bashing it generally for being broken somehow. it does say that this isn't ready for mass consumption... what really ticks me are the people who complain it doesn't work and ask in the same sentence why it doesn't include ____ blur app?

gah... i suspect that for some people who are having install issues, it's likely due to a previous problem with the rom/setup they came from or they missed a wipe or mount. the cm7 build i came from was working just as it should have and while the correct wiping should clear previous traces, restoring buggy data would likely present a prob

#15 ·
Would anyone be able to link their cm4dx gb nightly? The website is down and i'm testing something . Also , i borked my phone with this method. Perhaps i did somethin wrong . I was coming from MIUI which is .340 atm . So i completely wiped everything . Went into CWM 2nd init version and wiped cache , data and system . installed .340 AIO and , without rebooting , i installed .602. It was stuck in moto logo . Finally i just sbfd to .340 and did auto update to .602 , ran d3 one click root method with d2 bootstrap and upgraded to 2nd init CWM . Now i just need a cm4dx gb nightly : (

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
"insuusvenerati said:
Would anyone be able to link their cm4dx gb nightly? The website is down and i'm testing something . Also , i borked my phone with this method. Perhaps i did somethin wrong . I was coming from MIUI which is .340 atm . So i completely wiped everything . Went into CWM 2nd init version and wiped cache , data and system . installed .340 AIO and , without rebooting , i installed .602. It was stuck in moto logo . Finally i just sbfd to .340 and did auto update to .602 , ran d3 one click root method with d2 bootstrap and upgraded to 2nd init CWM . Now i just need a cm4dx gb nightly : (
The links are in the first post. Work for me.
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3335-DEV_THREAD-DroidX-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Kernel

#18 ·
Shane269 said:

A. Format system
B. Format Data
C. Format Cache
D. Mount system
10. Reboot system.
11. Activate phone.

This won't take your Radio to the .13p will it? from what i read, you have to start at .340 then go to 602 to get the new radio. having said that, since CM7 is on Froyo, will it update the radio?

#19 ·
"dangerous said:
This won't take your Radio to the .13p will it? from what i read, you have to start at .340 then go to 602 to get the new radio. having said that, since CM7 is on Froyo, will it update the radio?
If you end up without the radio that you want just flash one of the radio only files and you will be all set.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

#25 ·
Shane269 said:

A. Format system
B. Format Data
C. Format Cache
D. Mount system
10. Reboot system.
11. Activate phone.

Pick your radio file here.
Nice work! This method worked like a charm for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.