2. 0
  3. 0/5

[GApps] 4.1.1-424425 JRO03O GApps Package 8/31

• Please log in to reply

OP Formula84

Formula84

Android Enthusiast

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:47 PM #1

I started a thread on GApps a while back in the Galaxy Nexus Section because that is the device I use, Although now seeing the traction it received, I feel that it should also be available in a more general/common location as they pertain to any AOSP based device running JellyBean. I will maintain both threads for support, Mods please don't delete or close original thread as that is linked all over the net and other forums.

Here is a package I personally put together for myself, figured others may want this. I also wanted to get the attention of ROM Devs so maybe they will incorporate these versions into their build if bundled or recommend these to be flashed with their ROMs .

I noticed all of the existing GApps packages floating around all used the leaked 4.1 GApps and not the updated ones from the official 4.1.1 Image from Google. So I compiled a new zip that has the exact file structure as the 7-26 Goo.im (CM Promoted) gapps package but used all files from the official 4.1.1 JRO03O release.

Archived original OP on 8/31 to post #2 -If anyone wants to read more on original ranting that made me create these packages in further detail.

There are two GApps pacakges available, use one or the other, both include all needed gapps and services that are required to run Google software....only one small difference - Camera and Gallery app.

Both Include: Calendar Sync, Bookmarks Sync, Face Detection, News & Weather, Google Backup/Restore, Contacts Sync, Sound Search, GoogleTTS, Google Now w/English Installed, Play Store, Talk, Voice Search

Pick one only, use the explanations of each below to determine which version is best for you. These should be compatible with any JB 4.1.1 based rom.

gapps-jb-20120831-JRO03O-Formula84 | This version is for users that want to keep the Roms custom camera options (Power Shutter, ISO changes, etc.) only issue is that this has a trade off, you wil not be able to use Google Picture Sync.

gapps-jb-20120831-JRO03O-Formula84-PicSync | This version is for users that want to use Google Picture Sync and get the experience Google intended for Galaxy Nexus.

Note: Some Factory Shipped GApps have not been inlcuded due to newer versions being available on the playstore for download. Click on the name/links to take you to installs for each (GMail, Youtube, Maps / street view, Google +, Music, etc.)

Recent Changelog:
9/19: Updated stand-alone wallet zip to 9/5/12 Version.
8/31: Updated to JRO03O build, Reorganized OP for a simpler explanation.
Full Changelog: See Post #2 for Details

Downloads:
*** LiquidJB-GApps folder is for Liquid ROM only, (Liquid Users See this Post for more info)
Primary -
Goo.im Link -Donate to Goo.im at least once if you can
Secondary -
MediaFire Link to Folder
Google Drive Link to Folder
Box.net Link to Folder

Installation Tip:
I have only tested these with installing in the same recovery session as the Rom. Not sure if that matters or not, but I have been doing that since the Nexus S GApps Wallet issues back in the day. Thats how I would recommend this be installed.

Google Wallet Installation:
Only thing I can see people having issues with on Play Store may be Google Wallet. I know that when you search on PC not even signed in Wallet does not come up in results, its almost Like Google is Hiding it. So here is the link I used to install it properly, also had another Liquid user test in IRC successfully.
From you phone click this link, https://play.google....letnfcrel&hl=en, if asked which to open with use Play Store...You should be directed to the Wallet App and have the option to install.

Alternate Google Wallet Install:
I have made a flashable install for the latest 9/5/12 wallet since it seems to be a mixed bag of results using the link.

The link worked for me prior then after my phone got wiped and I setup from scratch I found the link did not work for me either.

So anyone that wants wallet check out the "Addon Pacakges" folder in the JRO03O Gapps folders from any of the links in the OP.

Edit: Oh and forgot to say if you found this useful don't forget to grow my internet-peter-meter by hitting "Like" - also some people respond to this topic so it doesn't get buried in the multitude of Rom threads

Edited by Formula84, 21 September 2012 - 01:58 PM.

• 5 Likes

OP Formula84

Formula84

Android Enthusiast

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM #2

Changelog:
9/19: Updated stand-alone wallet zip to 9/5/12 Version.
8/31: Updated to JRO03O build, Reorganized OP for a simpler explanation.
8/14: Added Custom GApps for LiquidSmooth JB Users.
8/11: Fixed Bad uploads, Backup/Restore really working now. Sorry, names are still 8/10, they were fixed 8/10 but not uploaded till 8/11 1am EST.
8/10: Fixed issues with Native Google Backup/Restore.
8/6: Added Goo.im Mirror thanks to Remicks and Goo.im
8/3: Re-uploaded 8/3 Custom Build, fixed updater-script to remove the PicoTts related folders. This was already set in previous version script but was not working.
8/2: Removed GMail as newer version was released in Play Store 8/18/3: Updated updater-script to remove "/system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk" if there, this will help those that are dirty flashing without wiping system when coming from other GApps that included this file.

Further Ranting on Older GApps:
So this all started because I flashed Bugless Beast, Pete included Gapps in his Bugless Beast Rom and one thing I noticed in his Rom that was different then other AOSP based Roms + Seperate GApps was that he did not have GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk included but Calendar was Syncing fine (He used Google built Calendar rather then AOSP built). I then noticed that the version that has been included in all the GApps for AOSP based Roms Since ICS 4.0.4 had been using the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk but version 4.0.3 of it. I started doing some research and found out why. In Official Google released Roms 4.0.3 and prior they included GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk... Starting with 4.0.4 They consolidated Syncing into 4.0.4 Google Calendar, this is why there has been no update to GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk by Google as it was no longer used in Official Google Roms.

I don't think that whoever maintains making these GApps zips has thought about it this way...why pull a closed source sync adapter thats outdated and include it to make AOSP cal work when you could just pull the new All-in-one cal and overwrite aosp one without needing outdated sync adapter?

Original OP Archived Content:

There are two Zips I put together. The First is an exact structure mirror of the Goo.im (CM Managed) GApps. The Second is my Personal package that I will explain in more detail further down.

Downloads:
Download Folders have both versions and MD5 files
Primary - Goo.im Link provided by - Remicks
(Liquid Users See this Post for more info)
Secondary
MediaFire Link to Folder
Google Drive Link to Folder
Box.net Link to Folder
-LiquidJB-GApps folder is for Liquid ROM only.

1st Package - gapps-jb-20120810-JRO03C-Formula84.zip
The above is the same as 7/26 Goo.im hosted package structure but with newer files, and a few minor changes I felt were a necessity even for the main package...
-Maps.apk and Street.apk were added to System/app because the released GNex Rom had updated versions from Google that are not available on the Play store yet (6.9.2). I have verified that there are no wakelock issues like there was with the leaked 4.1 copy (6.9.1).
-CalendarGoogle.apk and CalendarProvider.apk were added.
-Removed GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk (Version 4.0.3 BTW!!): This was included in prior GApps because the AOSP created Calendar.apk from source does not support Syncing, so the Sync Adapter was needed. Since 4.0.4 Google stopped using the Sync Adapter and Built Syncing directly into CalendarGoogle.apk. This is why there has been no GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk included in official Roms since 4.0.3...Further ranting on this topic in Post #3. (*Now at top of Post #3)

2nd Package (Custom) - gapps-jb-20120810-JRO03C-Formula84-Custom.zip
The above package is a modified version of the 1st. I have removed everything that was not in the Official GNex 4.1.1 Rom from Google.
-PicoTTS - Why is this installed alongside of GoogleTTS? -Pico is the open sourced equivalent, why have both?
-Backup Scripts (addon.d folders) - Personally don't need them as I don't use CM nightlies.
-Optinal Folder (Migrated into main) = Unused face detection files for non GNex phones -noneon folder
Added:
-Books.apk, Currents.apk, Thinkfree.apk (Versions are more current then Play Store versions and were built for 4.1.1 on GNex so why not...If you don't need these but would still like Custom for all the other reasons, just delete them from the zip before you flash or with titanium after you flash.

Here is a SS of the Comparison between the two packages. - LINK

Edited by Formula84, 21 September 2012 - 01:49 PM.

• 1 Likes

OP Formula84

Formula84

Android Enthusiast

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM #3

and third
  • 1 Likes

codesplice

codesplice

Good at breaking things

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:31 AM #4

Just wanted to stop in briefly to say thanks for this package. I've rebased my own modified gapps on top of this and I'm quite pleased.

So yeah, you rock.
  • 1 Likes

codesplice

codesplice

Good at breaking things

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:21 AM #5

Changelog for 929?

also: BUMP

Edited by codesplice, 02 October 2012 - 07:21 AM.

• 0 Likes

cmalkiewicz

cmalkiewicz

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:45 PM #6

Thanks for all the work! How do we create our own GAPPS zip? It would be nice to make my own!
  • 0 Likes

dabotsonline

dabotsonline

Average Android

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:35 PM #7

Excellent work, Formula84! Are you planning to update this with the official 4.1.2 JZO54K apps? However, going by your comments, I assume you wouldn't be interested in adding the leaked Gmail 4.2 APK on top of this: http://www.androidpo...-zoom-and-more/
  • 0 Likes

OP Formula84

Formula84

Android Enthusiast

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:20 PM #8

Excellent work, Formula84! Are you planning to update this with the official 4.1.2 JZO54K apps? However, going by your comments, I assume you wouldn't be interested in adding the leaked Gmail 4.2 APK on top of this: http://www.androidpo...-zoom-and-more/

Sorry if you check the link in my SIG there already out. I have not done a good job of making both threads up to date. I will try to do this at some point this weekend.

Oh and the gapps don't include gmail cause the version that came with the 4.1.2 factory image is already in the market. If you want to use the latest leak it will work fine....I am using travP624's inverted one without issues...you can find it in the galaxy nexus theme section.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes