Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[Q&A/Convo]Tweaked 3.x

• Please log in to reply

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:12 PM #21

Yeah if you have auto brightness on then turning on swagger will put you in DL mode. This could mean he is trying to do some advanced stuff with those buttons...

Or I just like messing with people... ;)
  • 1 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

dSlice

dSlice

Flasher, Tinkerer and Helper

• 221 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:50 PM #22

Yeah if you have auto brightness on then turning on swagger will put you in DL mode. This could mean he is trying to do some advanced stuff with those buttons...

Or an Easter Egg. Try to find some more! ;)

- dSlice

Droid Charge powered by Tw3@3d 3.0 ;-)
  • 0 Likes
Droid Charge powered by Tw3@3d 3.2 and my Scripts and Tweaks
NEPosted ImageUS 7 powered by AOSPA running Metallice's a28 Kernel

aaronDroid80

aaronDroid80

Average Android

• 207 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:05 AM #23

The launcher tweaktools refers to is the script that actually launches the main tweaktools script - this initial "launcher" checks for updates and busybox before launching the main script. This is something that should be kept up-to-date.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sent from my Tweaked Charge using RootzWiki.
  • 0 Likes

mkny13

mkny13

• 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:17 AM #24

Apologies for the absolute newb post. I realize this might not be the best thread for it, but I'm interested in taking my unrooted, stock Samsung Droid Charge (i510) and putting Tweaked 3 on it, and I need some help with the basics. The instructions in the Tweaked 3 main thread are clear enough but assume you are already familiar with rooting and flashing, as well as Odin and CWM, which I am not. I searched and browsed rootwiki without finding a :first steps" post--I'd appreciate it if someone could point me at a simple guide, either on this site or elsewhere. I'm looking for the most direct way to root (there is no one-click root for my device, as far as I can tell) and flash--I don't plan to frequently flash or do any hardcaore tweaking. I'm just hoping to improve speed and stability over stock, with has irritated the crap out of me from day one. Thanks in advance.
  • 0 Likes

Marplot

Marplot

• 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:24 AM #25

* Make sure the samsung drivers are installed on your computer (they likely are if you've been connecting it to the PC to access the sdcard).
* The Odin EP4 and Tweaked files are .7z archive files. Make sure you extract them prior to use

ODIN back to stock EP4D
  • Launch Odin.
  • Enter the phone in Download Mode:
    • Remove battery
    • Hold Volume Down button and plug in the USB cable which is connected to PC at other end.
    • You’ll be in download mode soon. Odin will recognize the phone — make sure you get the message Added! !in the message box at bottom left in Odin.
    • Put the battery back in now.
  • On Odin, click on PDA tab and select CI510_VZW_EP4_ALL_ONE-LTE-CP_REV03_user_CL706183_ship.tar.md5.
  • Now click the PIT tab on Odin and select the charge.pit file
  • Make sure that Re-Partition box is checked in odin (because we are using .pit file)
  • Also make sure that while Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked, too.
  • Hit the Start button on odin now to flash the Android rom on your Droid Charge. It’s not rooted, and is void any custom themes, mods, etc. stuff.
  • On successful flashing, you’ll get PASS message (with green background) in top left box. On failure, you’ll get FAIL message (with red background) in top left box. If it fails, repeat the steps 3 to 10 again. Don’t break the process this time.
Accept OTA FP1, Reboot phone

Accept OTA FP5, Reboot phone

ODIN Tweaked 3

• Launch Odin.
  • Enter the phone in Download Mode:
    • Remove battery
    • Hold Volume Down button and plug in the USB cable which is connected to PC at other end.
    • You’ll be in download mode soon. Odin will recognize the phone — make sure you get the message Added! !in the message box at bottom left in Odin.
    • Put the battery back in now.
  • On Odin, click on PDA tab and select Tweaked3Sys.tar.md5.
  • Also make sure that while Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked, too. (actually user preference)
  • Hit the Start button on odin now to flash the Tweaked rom on your Droid Charge.
  • On successful flashing, you’ll get PASS message (with green background) in top left box. On failure, you’ll get FAIL message (with red background) in top left box. If it fails, repeat the steps 3 to 10 again. Don’t break the process this time.

Enjoy.
PM me mkny13 if you have any other questions.

edit: changes due to input - thanks dwitherell

Edited by Marplot, 20 September 2012 - 05:07 AM.

• 3 Likes
SCH-I510.FP5 Tweaked 3
Asus TF300T

Marplot

Marplot

• 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:39 AM #26

I threw that out there quickly before heading to a meeting so any mistakes are my own.
mkny13, ODIN is the easiest route to get your Charge into gee nifty Tweaked land. It will get you you rooted, rom'ed and ready to roll.
If you have trouble finding a good ODIN (I use 1.82) holler and I can dropbox a link.
  • 0 Likes
SCH-I510.FP5 Tweaked 3
Asus TF300T

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:42 AM #27

Nice writeup - just two notes I wanted to add:
1) Make sure the samsung drivers are installed on your computer (they likely are if you've been connecting it to the PC to access the sdcard).
2) The tweaked tar file is actually a .7z file when you download it, so you'll need a program like 7zip (free) on your computer to extract the .tar.md5 file inside it, as it's the .tar.md5 file that you flash in Odin.
  • 0 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

ick

ick

Android Beginner

• 20 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:35 AM #28

Or I just like messing with people... ;)

Or an Easter Egg. Try to find some more! ;)

- dSlice

Droid Charge powered by Tw3@3d 3.0 ;-)

I wonder if it's the former or the later... :P Nice quick way of getting into the download screen without having to be a button contortionist! Now I'm wondering what other little gems may lurk in this ROM.

Thanks again dwitherell! You've really made my Charge much more enjoyable. Although I am considering going unlocked and off-contract next time to reduce my costs since Verizon is going to charge me full price for a device or take my grandfathered unlimited data plan away. I have much less device/OS envy going on now.
  • 0 Likes

JihadSquad

JihadSquad

Super User

• 296 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:51 AM #29

I wonder if it's the former or the later... :P Nice quick way of getting into the download screen without having to be a button contortionist! Now I'm wondering what other little gems may lurk in this ROM.

Thanks again dwitherell! You've really made my Charge much more enjoyable. Although I am considering going unlocked and off-contract next time to reduce my costs since Verizon is going to charge me full price for a device or take my grandfathered unlimited data plan away. I have much less device/OS envy going on now.

You could always just long press power and select dl from there...
  • 1 Likes
I will DIE for our cause!

rll6fd

rll6fd

• 30 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:45 AM #30

Hey, this may be a development question.. but I have a lot of contacts that didn't sync when I went to tweak.. any suggestions? Other than that it works amazingly, just really need those contacts..thanks in advance
  • 0 Likes