- - - - -

[Q&A/Convo]Tweaked 3.x

• Please log in to reply

wdswds

wdswds

Crack Flasher

• 122 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:30 PM #11

I've checked tsm's website, tonsit's and Google lol. I can't find an update . zip. Is there a cwm flashable 3.0 update zip somewhere? Because if rather not do a data wipe lol.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by wdswds, 19 September 2012 - 01:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

JihadSquad

JihadSquad

Super User

• 296 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:01 PM #12

I've checked tsm's website, tonsit's and Google lol. I can't find an update . zip. Is there a cwm flashable 3.0 update zip somewhere? Because if rather not do a data wipe lol.

Like I said you are going from fp1 to fp5... you need to (should) upgrade the kernel and radios too, so just do an odin.
  • 0 Likes
I will DIE for our cause!

Sep33

Sep33

Android Lover

• 400 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:49 PM #13

Just flashed over RC2 just wiped data and davlik and mounted system and all is well. Loving this rom it is running fast

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Device:
Droid Charge
ROM: Tweaked 2.2
Modems:FP5

aaronDroid80

aaronDroid80

Average Android

• 207 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:09 PM #14

argh... my phone does not want to be updated. Better than half way through the download, it just shut off. It's definitely time for a nuke & pave job, although I don't think I'm quite ready to give up voodoo and ext4 just yet. These are tough decisions to make. Anyway, can't wait to get this loaded. It'll probably be a weekend project.

2 other questions:
1) Related to Tweaktools: I've for whatever reason assumed that the launcher update was referring to the phone's launcher, and since I was not using the launcher that came with Tweaked, that I didn't want to accept that update. Now after reading the FAQ in the Tweaked 3.0 OP, I'm not so sure what I was thinking. Can you clarify what that launcher is?

2) Related to Tweaked 3.0: I would like to continue using Holo launcher (as a system app) and get rid of TWLauncher without going through all the extra steps of restoring and removing. Can I simply replace the .apk in the CWM zip without hurting it? Or is there some special process to that?

Thanks
  • 0 Likes

Keighles

Keighles

Android Apprentice

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:34 PM #15

aaronDroid80
argh... my phone does not want to be updated. Better than half way through the download, it just shut off. It's definitely time for a nuke & pave job, although I don't think I'm quite ready to give up voodoo and ext4 just yet. These are tough decisions to make. Anyway, can't wait to get this loaded. It'll probably be a weekend project.

Yes completely wipe with factory/stock odin file EP4 is the last one I believe. Then take the 2 ota updates.

2 other questions:
1) Related to Tweaktools: I've for whatever reason assumed that the launcher update was referring to the phone's launcher, and since I was not using the launcher that came with Tweaked, that I didn't want to accept that update. Now after reading the FAQ in the Tweaked 3.0 OP, I'm not so sure what I was thinking. Can you clarify what that launcher is?

Not sure...I use Golauncher

2) Related to Tweaked 3.0: I would like to continue using Holo launcher (as a system app) and get rid of TWLauncher without going through all the extra steps of restoring and removing. Can I simply replace the .apk in the CWM zip without hurting it? Or is there some special process to that?

That should work just fine.

Edited by Keighles, 19 September 2012 - 07:35 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:20 PM #16

The launcher tweaktools refers to is the script that actually launches the main tweaktools script - this initial "launcher" checks for updates and busybox before launching the main script. This is something that should be kept up-to-date.
  • 0 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

andrewlyle09

andrewlyle09

Android Beginner

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:32 PM #17

I've ran the su fix numerous times but cannot gain root access... I do not understand.....

• 0 Likes

ick

ick

Android Beginner

• 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:36 PM #18

Help! I've lost my Swagger! Or at least it takes me to the yellow triangle download screen... I miss my pimp hat!
  • 0 Likes

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM #19

I've ran the su fix numerous times but cannot gain root access... I do not understand.....

Did you open up the superuser app? It should prompt for an update.
  • 0 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

JihadSquad

JihadSquad

Super User

• 296 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:59 PM #20

Help! I've lost my Swagger! Or at least it takes me to the yellow triangle download screen... I miss my pimp hat!

Yeah if you have auto brightness on then turning on swagger will put you in DL mode. This could mean he is trying to do some advanced stuff with those buttons...

Edited by JihadSquad, 19 September 2012 - 08:59 PM.

• 0 Likes
I will DIE for our cause!