Rate this Topic

4 votes

[ROM] [4.1.2] OFFICIAL codefireX Jellybean Nightlies

• Please log in to reply

OP synergy

synergy

Kanging 'n Baking

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:17 AM #11

Are your screens from enabling tablet ui? I tried doing that before but everything was gigantic. I remember someone saying something about switching settings to fix it but I couldn't locate the right one in dev options. I'm running your 9/19 nightly with lean kernel 15. Seems great so far, thanks

Yes they are. That's on a hdpi device, though on my d2vzw I run 200dpi. Many users prefer 240 or 220 however. Just run through the DPI wizard in the theme tweaks section. 240 is fully market compatible. Stock can be set by option #1 to xhdpi (320) to revert. I also recommend enabling dual pane layout. Enjoy :-)

Sent from codefireX
  • 2 Likes

BraddahBoi808

BraddahBoi808

Average Android

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:12 PM #12

Do we need to wipe everything when updating to newer builds or just cache and dalvik?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Aypeeootrek

Aypeeootrek

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:34 PM #13

So changing the density helped somewhat but I can't get the launcher to configure right. The default one lost the dock bar with tablet enabled. Now I tried nova and the bottom quarter of the home screen is unusable. I'm at the max density before custom. I'll try the stock settings next but it seems like the nav bar will be too big then and cover the notification bar. Any other suggestions would be great

Edited by Aypeeootrek, 19 September 2012 - 02:34 PM.

• 0 Likes

kisypher

kisypher

Super User

• 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:36 PM #14

I usually wipe just because, but last night I wiped cache, dalvik and system with no ill effects. Of course if you wipe system you have to remember to flash Gapps again.

Do we need to wipe everything when updating to newer builds or just cache and dalvik?

Edited by kisypher, 19 September 2012 - 02:36 PM.

• 1 Likes
Verizon Galaxy Note 2

Rom: Changes daily, I'm a crack flasher.

Kernel: Stock

OP synergy

synergy

Kanging 'n Baking

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:37 PM #15

So changing the density helped somewhat but I can't get the launcher to configure right. The default one lost the dock bar with tablet enabled. Now I tried nova and the bottom quarter of the home screen is unusable. I'm at the max density before custom. I'll try the stock settings next but it seems like the nav bar will be too big then and cover the notification bar. Any other suggestions would be great

Yes, the default tablet layout in android launchers is without the dock. I know apex has an additional option to enable the dock, and I believe nova has an option for phone UI. You may need to change the grid size as well.

Generally you don't, though if you run into an issue nobody else has, then it's recommended before reporting.

Sent from codefireX

Edited by synergy, 19 September 2012 - 02:39 PM.

• 1 Likes

pmdied

pmdied

Average Android

• 135 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:57 PM #16

Great ROM! First ROM of its kind where U get 4g signal in my office.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes

guthrien

guthrien

• 54 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:29 PM #17

Force tablet UI, change your DPI to 220, enable the navigation bar, in Nova uncheck the dock. At least that worked with other setups like this for me.

• 1 Likes

kingdroid

kingdroid

Average Android

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:04 PM #18

Man I love all the love the s3 is getting.. so many ROMs I can't settle into one cause when I do a new one comes out and after being on a rom for a day I switch to another the next lol...lol
I'm gonna DL and flash away.. thanks form the work
  • 0 Likes

OP synergy

synergy

Kanging 'n Baking

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:53 AM #19

Great ROM! First ROM of its kind where U get 4g signal in my office.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki

I've been hearing similar comments on signal and data speeds quite a lot and can only assume it's one of the commits from AOSP master. Thank you.

Sent from codefireX
  • 2 Likes

kipland007

kipland007

Android Beginner

• 103 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:11 AM #20

I've been hearing similar comments on signal and data speeds quite a lot and can only assume it's one of the commits from AOSP master. Thank you.

Sent from codefireX

I am the same... used to go back and forth between 4 and 3g but now I've had solid 4g all day. Great work!

• 0 Likes