Android OS Forum banner

[SOLVED]New Google wallet

20K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  BigShotProducer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone know when the new Google Wallet apk us going to be released? The new one is supposed to be able to support debit and all major credit cards.. just curious, mine hasn't updated, not is it even listed in "My Apps" section of Play Store..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

#3 ·
#4 ·
I found this gem over on Android central: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/206901-vzw-lte-google-wallet-build-prop.html

Essentially what you do is edit the product name and product device entries in build.prop to make the Play Store think you've got a GSM device. After that, Google Wallet appeared in the Play Store and I was able to download it with no problem.

Apparent downsides: supposedly SVoice either won't work or you won't be able to download (which I don't have anyway) it so long as you have the build.prop editted, and you probably won't be able to get the Verizon OTA updates (which I won't do anyway). So far no issues with it, but I'll update tomorrow after I've had a reliable signal if you're interested.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
i have it on my VZ Gnex without problem. No need to edit anything. Just install this APK... i will give u a link to my dropbox.... i will delete it in the next few days... so grab it soon...

**UPDATE**
new link covers the new block placed 9/15... this is the revised copy that makes it work

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z8zptp0qs2okeo/Wallet_1.5-R79-v5.apk

#7 ·
i have it on my VZ Gnex without problem. No need to edit anything. Just install this APK... i will give u a link to my dropbox.... i will delete it in the next few days... so grab it soon...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmjgrsm6ip0t481/Wallet.apk
I downloaded this, installed, opened it up and this is what im getting..i go to play store and it says device not compatible..latest update is sept 5

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

#12 ·
Just means wallet is potentially vulnerable. Don't like it? Don't use it.
Another thing, if you have any issues with wallet and call Google, they won't help you. Got double charged? They'll tell you to gfy lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#19 ·
Not a huge deal, since I probably wouldn't use it much anyway, but I've never been able to actually get a payment to go through. I've tried several times to spend that free $10 they give you, but it always fails to process in their machines. I don't know what the problem is. I tap it to the machine, it does it thing for a second, then the register spits out a failed transaction receipt. Any advice on this?

#20 ·
My first question would be have you tried it at more than one place? My experience is it does not work everywhere. Even though it has been a long time since it did not work for me. Not sure if this is required or not, but I always open the app and enter my pin before paying.

#21 ·
If it fails that usually means the vendor isn't set up for NFC payments.. it will fail if you have wave activated credit card too. If your device says unsupported, that simply is Google's nice way of saying your Cell Carrier hasn't agreed to allow it in that phone yet... and that they are not offering any protection if your info gets taken from it somehow.... Verizon G Nexus doesn't have it by default. That's why we have to side load it. It works fine though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

#36 ·
The FTC would probably be a better option considering this is limiting competition in the mobile payments arena.

Also, you can change your build.prop to the takju/maguro build info and Google Wallet will work properly and also allow you to update it in the market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.