2. 0
  3. 0/5

Need help reverting back to completely unrooted and locked TFP

• Please log in to reply

SOTK

SOTK

Average Android

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:35 PM #11

as far as i know everyone get their unlocked primes repaired as long as its obvious that its a hardware issue.

as said before: you have warranty by law! if asus denies on repairing hw issues you can sue them...

how i did it? just rma it , normal process

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

GunnerOnASpooky

GunnerOnASpooky

Android Apprentice

• 36 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:03 PM #12

I've never heard of anybody on forums receiving warranty service for their unlocked Prime. Even Gary, from Asus, has stated as much. I'm not trying to call you a liar but just find what you're stating hard to believe.

How exactly have you gotten Asus to honor your warranty since you willingly and freely voided it by unlocking your Prime?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have sent my Prime in twice for LCD mura and lightbleed issues and it has been repaired both times. I have been unlocked since the 1st day I owned it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
  • 2 Likes

GreginNH

GreginNH

Android Apprentice

• 41 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:20 AM #13

I just got my TFP back from Texas, Second RMA for a broken camera since I unlocked and rooted.
I emailed Gary the first time and he hooked me up with Hai Trat from the Texas service center and they repaired it.

Second time I contacted Hai directly and asked if they would honor another fix since the camera had failed a second time and even though I was unlocked, rooted and running VirtousROM they fixed it again, replaced the camera completely.
In fact I asked them not to factory wipe so it wouldnt soft brick and they didnt touch it.
So, my experience with Asus was absolutely positive as far as RMA for the camera goes.

Good luck
  • 1 Likes

OP Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:05 AM #14

Thanks for the help guys. The first time I called, they refused to honor the warranty. I called again, and they immediately gave me a RMA number to send it in. I got it back a few days ago and it works perfectly!
Thanks for all your help,
Mr. Fox

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

andrewjt19

andrewjt19

Android Freak!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:46 AM #15

I have read of many other people who have had hardware parts done on there Prime even after unlocking it. I was given an RMA because I bricked my tablet. It wouldn't even turn on. They said they would fix it, turned out that I was able to unbrick with the help of some team members here though and never sent it to them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone" not just the air. :D
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (still in operation by my wife:cool:)...
Check out my website: http://www.ProjectIn...on.Blogspot.com