3. 0/5

Need help reverting back to completely unrooted and locked TFP

• Please log in to reply

OP Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:10 PM #1

Hey guys, I have a TFP running AOKP Milestone 6 and has NVFlash installed. My rear camera is messed up (all it shows is a green "fuzzy/snowy" screen in the preview screen) and I need to return it to Asus for a replacement. Could someone walk me through the whole un-NVFlashing/Unrooting/Locking process? I looked around and couldn't find any help...
TIA
Mr. Fox
  • 0 Likes

SOTK

SOTK

Average Android

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:59 PM #2

You can't even with NVflash. We don't have true NVflash. We have a modified bootloader allowing for NVflash. There's a difference. Bottom Line: once you unlocked, you irrevocably broke your warranty with Asus. In fact, the minute you unlocked using the unlock tool, it sent information to Asus (serial number) stating as much. Sorry but you're out of luck. If you feel it needs to be fixed, you're on your own (money wise).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

OP Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:55 AM #3

Well crap. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

tempie007

tempie007

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:29 AM #4

asus may say that you are out of warranty but you arent... hardware issues should and will be fixed.
customers rights in most countries overrule whatever you agreed with in the unlocking process. at least in european countries and usa , asus knows this of course.
got my unlocked device repaired twice now .....

if you brick your device its a different story off course....

just flash a near-stock rom like prime evil to be sure its hardware issue and rma after .

look at this btw :o

http://m.youtube.com...cIHaajda8&gl=GB

Edited by tempie007, 13 September 2012 - 11:32 AM.

• 0 Likes

SOTK

SOTK

Average Android

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:32 PM #5

asus may say that you are out of warranty but you arent... hardware issues should and will be fixed.
customers rights in most countries overrule whatever you agreed with in the unlocking process. at least in european countries and usa , asus knows this of course.

just flash a near-stock rom like prime evil to be sure its hardware issue and rma after .

I've never heard of anybody on forums receiving warranty service for their unlocked Prime. Even Gary, from Asus, has stated as much. I'm not trying to call you a liar but just find what you're stating hard to believe.

How exactly have you gotten Asus to honor your warranty since you willingly and freely voided it by unlocking your Prime?

• 0 Likes

OP Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:02 PM #6

Thanks for the info. Once I saw the topic that I linked below, I figured that's what u would do.

I've never heard of anybody on forums receiving warranty service for their unlocked Prime. Even Gary, from Asus, has stated as much. I'm not trying to call you a liar but just find what you're stating hard to believe.

How exactly have you gotten Asus to honor your warranty since you willingly and freely voided it by unlocking your Prime?

You might wanna check out this thread.
EDIT: forgot the link... :o
http://rootzwiki.com...me-for-Infinity

Edited by Mr. Fox, 13 September 2012 - 07:41 PM.

• 0 Likes

SOTK

SOTK

Average Android

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:27 PM #7

I've seen that thread before but thought it had to do with exchanging the Prime for an Infinity NOT receiving warranty service for an unlocked Prime?

• 0 Likes

OP Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:50 PM #8

I've seen that thread before but thought it had to do with exchanging the Prime for an Infinity NOT receiving warranty service for an unlocked Prime?

No. If you read some of the latest replies, they say that they have taken in their rooted and unlocked primes and gotten a different tab (galaxy 10.1, infinity, etc.).

• 0 Likes

SOTK

SOTK

Average Android

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:30 PM #9

No. If you read some of the latest replies, they say that they have taken in their rooted and unlocked primes and gotten a different tab (galaxy 10.1, infinity, etc.).

OK. Gotcha. So, you are thinking of getting another Tab then? Hmmmm...it is an interesting option. Good luck, man. Hope things work out for you! :)

• 0 Likes

tempie007

tempie007

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:21 PM #10

as far as i know everyone get their unlocked primes repaired as long as its obvious that its a hardware issue.

as said before: you have warranty by law! if asus denies on repairing hw issues you can sue them...

how i did it? just rma it , normal process

Edited by tempie007, 13 September 2012 - 11:23 PM.

• 0 Likes