Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[FF1][Stock][Cwm]Full Deodexed Rooted Stock

• Please log in to reply

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:31 AM #1

So as some of you now know my wife has moved on from the stratosphere, leaving my tinkering in a difficult spot. Thanks to some lucky bidding on ebay however - I am now back and tinker-ready :) It will take a while for me to get Tweaked updated, so I figured this could be helpful in the meantime.

I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS (GOOD OR BAD) AS A RESULT OF FLASHING OR ATTEMPTING TO FLASH WHAT IS POSTED HERE! As an additional disclaimer - I don't have service w/ VZW anymore so there are some things I can't know/test - I'm reasonably sure it's fine but consider yourself warned.

While there are very likely much better ways to go about this, the current work here all stems from a system dump from the phone, and as such it is stock FF1F. This is deodexed and zipaligned, and includes SuperSu (as so many were having issues w/ the superuser/su approach - SuperSu can be found here) as well as busybox version 1.19.4-cm9. Changes were pretty minimal - it's simply deodexed bloated stock.

You will need to have CWM (version 5.0.2.7 can be found here) already on your phone, and I would strongly recommend doing a data wipe/factory reset within CWM before flashing as well (that's what I've been doing at least and I have had no problems).

CWM Installation instructions:
- Download file and place on sdcard
- Boot into CWM recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset (Recommended)
- Mount /system under mounts and storage (if mounted it will say "unmount" to the left of /system)
- Install the .zip you put on your sdcard

Please let me know if there are any problems/issues.

---CWM FF1 STOCK FILES---

BLOATED FF1 DEODEXED ZIPALIGNED CWM .ZIP
md5: 41CB25BDA36AC5D4394127F397DE2D98

---MISCELLANEOUS STOCK FF1 CWM FILES---

I'm not sure if people would find such things useful, but just in case I'm putting them here. USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK! These all are CWM-recovery-flashable only.

STOCK FF1 KERNEL
md5: ED355D04BE893DC40AE830156EDA6FEF

STOCK FF1 RECOVERY
md5: B43CDA9D54666422099A1615205BA2E9

FULL ODEXED UNROOTED STOCK
NOTE: This not only reverts your /system to odexed unrooted FF1, but also reverts the kernel AND RECOVERY to stock
md5: 94987DC9D888AE37C683D258E6567F67

FLASHABLE EI2-to-FF1 MODEM UPDATER
NOTE: This ONLY WORKS IF ALREDAY ON EI2 MODEMS! It will not work if you are on any other modem/baseband.
NOTE2: Once you flash this - YOU CANNOT GO BACK TO EI2 MODEMS!
md5: CCFFDB43E89C159A0B2D6061C3BF5493

--------------------------------------------------

Let me know if there are any problems!

Edited by dwitherell, 07 October 2012 - 07:14 PM.

• 2 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:16 AM #2

NOTES:

- If you are not using the ff1 modems and you flash this, you will most likely report no or inaccurate signal strength/bars. How the system reports signal strength changed in this update - so I would expect the old modems will not send the right info. I am not sure on this - so please let me know if I am wrong.
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

daventodd

daventodd

Samsung Pirate

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:19 PM #3

What do I need to be on (ROM-wise) to flash this ROM? I'm on Tweaked 2.2 and I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to do a full move over to FF1.

100 posts, yaay. :money:

Edited by daventodd, 10 September 2012 - 06:20 PM.

• 0 Likes

Current Devices:
--Samsung Galaxy S4 running Hyperdrive RLS16 KitKat
--Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" running CM11

If you need help about anything Stratosphere or just generally Android related, feel free to message me!

OP dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:23 PM #4

What do I need to be on (ROM-wise) to flash this ROM? I'm on Tweaked 2.2 and I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to do a full move over to FF1.

100 posts, yaay. :money:

That's fine to come from, but I would also flash the ff1 kernel and the modem updater. That will get you the main elements of the OTA without having to take it.
  • 1 Likes

Posted Image

daventodd

daventodd

Samsung Pirate

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:26 PM #5

That's fine to come from, but I would also flash the ff1 kernel and the modem updater. That will get you the main elements of the OTA without having to take it.

Alright, I believe that I'll just wait for the Tweaked update! Rather than get stuck with the FF1 (which I've heard is a bit sluggish), I'll wait however long it takes for the Tweaked update! And kudos on the speedy response ;)
  • 0 Likes

Current Devices:
--Samsung Galaxy S4 running Hyperdrive RLS16 KitKat
--Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" running CM11

If you need help about anything Stratosphere or just generally Android related, feel free to message me!

jesta192

jesta192

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:51 PM #6

I don't really think FF1 is sluggish. Just the data connection :angry: Whether it's 3G, 4G, or WIFI, it seems to stall out a good portion of the time. I never had much of a problem before the update...

By the way, I used the files in this thread to re-upgrade after a partial downgrade earlier today. I went back to EI2, but since there is no radio to flash for EI2 I ended up with the FF1 radio with EI2 everything else. So I used these files to come back to FF1 (hoping that the data issue would magically disappear--it doesn't look like it has :( ). So thanks for this!
  • 0 Likes
If my post helped and you'd like to show your support, check out Call Informer! Thanks!
Call Informer Demo: https://play.google....llinformer.demo
Call Informer: https://play.google....se.callinformer

Atlasstorm

Atlasstorm

Android Beginner

• 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:58 PM #7

I'm on ti-x can I flash this also?

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

dhchiang

dhchiang

• 39 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:09 PM #8

Ok, so I was dumb and flashed to EH2 in a panic. Will this get me to ff1? I will see. crossing my fingers!
  • 0 Likes

dhchiang

dhchiang

• 39 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:31 PM #9

flashed successfully, and it is ff1.. going through the set up still, but unsure of modem issue. Hope I am not stuck with EH2 modem reception... unless it was better than EI2 modem reception. Currently reporting 3g when 4g is normally available. Kernel version stayed at EI2 (after update)... (Baseband version stayed at EH2). Hmmm... Looking at reception bars, and it doesn't look good, but is it actually okay?1x signal strength -256 dBm Evdo -256 dbm 4g LTE -- 130dBM...
  • 0 Likes

dhchiang

dhchiang

• 39 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:08 PM #10

okay, wifi won't stay on. Curse the EH2 backup file...
  • 0 Likes