Problems with Market

• Please log in to reply

OP yoyo433

yoyo433

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:16 AM #1

Hello,
I am new to CM9. I tried installing CM9 on HP touchpad which worked out fine. Later on, I found out that I did not have the Market icon. I tried installing gapps (so many versions) but still I do not have that icon. I downloaded so many various versions and tried unzipping them in Cygenmod, but still I have the same problem. Please help me out here.
P.S I am not sure if this is the section for problem solving. If not, I am sorry.
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,656 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:19 AM #2

Hello,
I am new to CM9. I tried installing CM9 on HP touchpad which worked out fine. Later on, I found out that I did not have the Market icon. I tried installing gapps (so many versions) but still I do not have that icon. I downloaded so many various versions and tried unzipping them in Cygenmod, but still I have the same problem. Please help me out here.
P.S I am not sure if this is the section for problem solving. If not, I am sorry.

You do not unzip a gapps file, you install it using ClockworkMod, "Install zip from SD card". The gapps date depends on the date of the nightly you installed. if you installed the 0819 nightly, install the 0429 gapps.
  • 0 Likes

OP yoyo433

yoyo433

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:27 AM #3

You do not unzip a gapps file, you install it using ClockworkMod, "Install zip from SD card". The gapps date depends on the date of the nightly you installed. if you installed the 0819 nightly, install the 0429 gapps.

I did exactly the same. How will I know which nightly I have installed? Is there an option to find out?
  • 0 Likes

Zzed

Zzed

Android Experiment

• 250 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:35 PM #4

I did exactly the same. How will I know which nightly I have installed? Is there an option to find out?

GAPPS (the installer for Google Play Store, formerly Google Apps Marketplace) is dependent on what flavor of Andriod ROM you are running:

CM7 - GingerBread (GB)

CM9-IceCreamSandwich (ICS)

CM10-JellyBean (JB)

You can get the .zip here from Goo.IM: http://goo.im/gapps

Download the latest version for the Andriod OS you are running (eg: CM9: gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip) on your Touchpad.
Boot to your recovery program (CWM or TWRP) and install from ZIP.
If you succeed, your return to CyanogenMod will begin the Google Account Wizard for accessing the Play Store.

Edited by Zzed, 02 September 2012 - 07:41 PM.

• 1 Likes
Zzed <<< enjoying the tasty Ice Cream Sandwich & Jelly Beans on the Phablet
Posted Image
Posted Image
AT&T SG Note II & HP TouchPad - webOS v3.05-86 & CM9 Official Nightly 20121007 (formerly CM9 a2, a1, a0.6, a0.5, a0, CM7 a3.5, a3, a2.1, a1a)

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,656 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:32 PM #5

The date of the nightly is included in the file name. You can also look in settings/device info and look at the date there too.
  • 0 Likes

WSchumer

WSchumer

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:30 PM #6

this was very helpful thank you
  • 0 Likes

kair2

kair2

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:22 AM #7

GAPPS (the installer for Google Play Store, formerly Google Apps Marketplace) is dependent on what flavor of Andriod ROM you are running:

CM7 - GingerBread (GB)

CM9-IceCreamSandwich (ICS)

CM10-JellyBean (JB)

You can get the .zip here from Goo.IM: http://goo.im/gapps

Download the latest version for the Andriod OS you are running (eg: CM9: gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip) on your Touchpad.
Boot to your recovery program (CWM or TWRP) and install from ZIP.
If you succeed, your return to CyanogenMod will begin the Google Account Wizard for accessing the Play Store.

I did as u said, i downloaded and installed all 3 versions available for cm7 with cwm but still i see nothing related to account or such. Can u help me?

Edited by kair2, 17 December 2012 - 05:23 AM.

• 0 Likes

Nomad1600

Nomad1600

Android Noob

• 185 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:39 AM #8

I did as u said, i downloaded and installed all 3 versions available for cm7 with cwm but still i see nothing related to account or such. Can u help me?

All three? CM7? Is there a reason you are still on a CM7 ROM when CM9 (ICS) ROMS are available, stable, and more feature-rich? Can you share which ROM you are using (earlier someone advised where to find the version name/date)? If you really on a CM7 ROM the first suggestion would be to flash a new ROM (probably the easiest would be the CM9 nightly, or one of the many alternatives like RandomROM Falcon, SGA Fat 'n Creamy, etc).
  • 0 Likes
Samsung S3 bone stock... at least for now ;)
Thunderbolt infected by NuSense Eternity (previously ThunderShed 1.6, NuSense 10.8 BETA and BAMF SOAB 1.4)
HP Touchpad running OaT LnTJB (previously SGA Fat 'n Creamy w/camera, RandomROM Falcon 1.2, various CM9 nightlies)

kair2

kair2

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:21 AM #9

Im willing to go to cm9 but dont know how.can u suggst an easiest way?
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,656 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:36 PM #10

Im willing to go to cm9 but dont know how.can u suggst an easiest way?

Dude, you jump in here in the middle of a converstion and start posting inadequate information about your situation. You need to post a lot more information about what you are currently running, what your skill level at rooting a device is, and what you are trying to do. Be specific and don't leave out details.
  • 0 Likes