Mod Type:: Kernel

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::

Aperture Laboratories presents

GLaDOS V1.4

The latest innovation in human-smartphone interaction. Our scientist have shown in extensive tests that humans operating our kernel on their devices experience 67% more joy in life while simultaneously the likelihood of being maimed or killed by falling space debris is significantly reduced. Also preliminary human trials indicate that it might offer some protection against lethal dosages of gamma radiation and blows to the head with a rod-like object.

Features:
  • Based on stock Android kernel Jelly Bean 4.2.2 JDQ39
  • Simple I/O (SIO) and Read-over-Write (RoW) block schedulers
  • JRCU
  • FSync Control version 1
  • Generic CPU hotplug driver version 1
  • UV interface (Francisco Franco)
  • GPU OC interface (Francisco Franco)
  • CIFS
  • NFS client
  • NTFS read/write support
  • Cleaned out all unnecessary kernel features and drivers
  • Various other tweaks

I do not support the Cyanogen Mod (CM) ROM and if you run into any problems using it with this kernel you are on your own.

Download (only for 4.2.2 JB ROMs):
http://goo.im/devs/E...l/GLaDOS-Nexus7 (thanks to goo-inside.me for hosting)
http://d-h.st/users/...d_id=5237#files (thanks to Dev-Host for hosting)

GLaDOS Control app:
Market: https://market.andro...l.gladoscontrol
Android Pit (accepts Paypal): http://www.androidpi.../GLaDOS-Control

If you had a different custom kernel installed before, you might need to reflash the original kernel that came with your ROM (boot.img in zip).

During installation the cache partition, Dalvik-cache and modules and init.d scripts from previously installed kernels are cleaned.

Source code:
https://github.com/E.../GLaDOS-nexus-7

This kernel is optimized to run best at the default options. There no need to change options like for example CPUfreq governor or min/max frequency - changing anything can have a negative effect on stability and performance.

Do not use profiles or hotplugging, they are unnecessary and only lead to instabilities.

If you experience any problems and are on a nightly or kanged ROM, try the latest stable version of that ROM first. I will not give support or answer any questions if you do not try this before reporting a problem with the kernel.

If you experience stability problems like reboots, freezes, FCs and SoDs and you did OC, first try changing back to the stock settings. If this solves the problems, your OC configuration is not stable. There are some indications that OC settings which run fine at high battery charges might still cause problems at lower battery charges. So to be safe always check that your OC configuration runs fine at low battery like 5%.

When reporting a bug always include information about your ROM and hardware model. Also be as precise as possible when describing the problem. Just because a single person is experiencing a problem, it does not mean there actually is a problem with the kernel. I always wait until at least one other person can confirm the issue before I look into it. So if you see someone posting a bug report, do not be shy and feel free to confirm the issue or if you do not have the problem let me know that too.

When asking for a feature you would like to see implemented in GLaDOS always provide a link with information about this tweak and preferably also a link to the source code.

Aperture bootanimation courtesy of Rascarlo (@rascarlo).

Edited by Ezekeel, 27 April 2013 - 09:31 AM.

• 5 Likes

OP Ezekeel

Ezekeel

Your trusted friend in science

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:09 PM #2

Changelog

GLaDOS-V1.4
  • Changed the memory allocator back to SLAB and removed SLQB.
  • Added a generic CPU hotplug driver and removed Nvidia's autohotplug implementation.
GLaDOS-V1.3
  • Fixed bug in baseband driver.
GLaDOS-V1.2
  • Added RoW (Read-over-Write) I/O scheduler.
  • Fixed kernel crash when unplugging USB OTG devices.
GLaDOS-V1.1
  • Added custom voltage interface (Francisco Franco).
  • Added GPU overclocking interface (Francisco Franco).
GLaDOS-V1.0
  • ONLY FOR JELLY BEAN 4.2.2 ROMS!
  • Initial release.
GLaDOS-V1.0RC2
  • Beta release.

Edited by Ezekeel, 27 April 2013 - 09:33 AM.

• 2 Likes

leelaa

leelaa

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:10 PM #3

Yess wondered how long it would be before we could feel the power of glados :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

ashclepdia

ashclepdia

Android Beginner

• 779 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:14 PM #4

Oh snap!
Glados for nexus7?

Time for my best flava flav impression:
YYYYEEAAAA BBBOOOOYYYYY
Lol
Always solid on my Gnex, welcome to the nexus7, great to have you here as well. I love how so many Devs that worked on Galaxy Nexus are also here. I don't thinkni can ever leave the nexus line of devices thanks to all of you!

• 0 Likes

Stevespear426

Stevespear426

Android Guru

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:09 PM #5

Subscribed... can't wait to live oc this bad boy... and I just got it today.
  • 1 Likes
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet

leelaa

leelaa

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:32 AM #6

Thanks for this kernel, i had my nexus on charge last night, flashed this kernel and went to bed @100℅ Posted Image

• 0 Likes

JM-G®@¶h!¢S

JM-G®@¶h!¢S

Dev In Training

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:03 AM #7

So glad you made your kernel available to the nexus 7. It was the only kernel i used when i had my GNEX. Now i have a VZW SG3 and a Nexus 7. Im hoping you will provide a kernel for the sg3. When are you updating the Glados Control app to work with the Nexus 7?
  • 0 Likes

VZW-HTC ONE>iPhone 5>Galaxy SIII>Galaxy Nexus>Thunderbolt>iPhone>Tmobile Nexus One>G1

OP Ezekeel

Ezekeel

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:31 PM #8

So glad you made your kernel available to the nexus 7. It was the only kernel i used when i had my GNEX. Now i have a VZW SG3 and a Nexus 7. Im hoping you will provide a kernel for the sg3. When are you updating the Glados Control app to work with the Nexus 7?

Probably this weekend.

I have uploaded V1.0RC2 to the server.
  • 0 Likes

leelaa

leelaa

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:36 PM #9

Any new changes for new release?

• 0 Likes

OP Ezekeel

Ezekeel