Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:21 AM #1
Have I finally killed my phone?
I don't know why this would have happened.
Sadly if I can't get it running I won't be TOO mad. This has been the biggest PITA device I've ever had as far as flashing roms/kernels.
- 0 Likes
Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:51 PM #5
- You will need to have a Bit Torrent client installed on your Windows PC. I like: uTorrent
- You will need 7-Zip installed on your computer: 7-Zip
- Make sure you have the latest Samsung USB Drivers installed: Sammy USB Drivers
- You probably already have Odin 3.07 installed. If not, go here: Odin v3.07
- If you want to check the MD5 of the ROM file, I like: WinMD5
- Download the Rooted VZW GS3 Stock ROM here: stock.vzw_root66.7z (MD5: be4350a56e739eaf7a4184352d653a7b)
- If you want, use WinMD5 to check the MD5 of the downloaded file against the value above.
- Unzip the stock.vzw_root66.7z file using 7-Zip. Store the extracted stock.vzw_root66.tar file in a convenient location.
- Boot your "Mostly Dead" GS3 into Download Mode by:
- Power down your GS3
- Press the Vol Down + Home buttons simultaneously
- Keeping those buttons depressed, press and hold the Power button until the phone boots up with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark.
- Press the Vol Up button.
- Using a good quality USB cable, and plugging directly into your PC (not through a hub), plug your "Mostly Dead" GS3 into a USB port, and let it be recognized by the Sammy USB drivers.
- Start Odin 3.07. You should see the phone recognized with a light blue 0:[COMxx] in the leftmost box.
- Make sure that Re-Partition is not enabled.
- Auto Reboot should not be enabled.
- F. Reset Time should be enabled.
- Press the PDA button. This will open up a file browser window. Navigate and select the stock.vzw_root66.tar file.
- Press the Start button.
- It will take a while (about 10 minutes or so) as your phone gets rewritten to stock (but, rooted).
- When the programming is successfully completed, you can unplug it from the PC.
- Open up the back of your GS3 and remove the battery.
- Reinsert the battery after about 10 seconds.
- Boot your resurrected GS3 into stock Recovery Mode by:
- Press the Vol Up + Home buttons simultaneously
- Keeping those buttons depressed, press and hold the Power button until the phone boots up into Recovery Mode.
- Pull out your magnifying glass.
- Using the Vol Up / Vol Down buttons, select wipe data / factory reset. Press the Power button to select.
- Move the selection down to the delete all user data. Press the Power button to select. (Note: This is where your internal SD memory gets totally wiped, which is different from other Custom Recovery Modes)
- Go back to the main screen and select the reboot system option.
- Hopefully, your GS3 is now operational again!
(If I helped, remember that Like This button!)
Edited by AzJazz, 29 August 2012 - 11:14 PM.
- 2 Likes