#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Moderate

Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: Other (See Description)

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
we will put this at the top now so everyone can see, THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR I717 IF YOU FLASH IT ON N7000 WE WILL ALL LAUGH AT YOU.

thanks to mucus for the screenshots and graphics.

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.

Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.​
  • Check Changelog/old releases/videos HERE
  • TWRP2: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset IF you're on any ROM other than previous versions of this rom.
  • **Install ROM: JAN22 (MD5: e17c6488d6af0145d908735a1556e61c) *no mirrors please and thanks.*
  • **Install Gapps: Here *newest JB will do* or you can try 4.1.2 gapps from truth77 and dont forget to thank him. DOWNLOAD HERE
  • **TWRP2: Wipe Cache/Dalvik
  • **TWRP2: Fix Permissions *this step is for dirty flashers only.*
  • Reboot
--dirty flashers just do the steps with **​
  • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
  • make sure your country is set at US *this will allow google now to respond to you, any others = no voice*
If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:​
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten​
... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread​
... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.​

PARANOIDANDROID TEAM
  • -D4rKn3sSyS
  • -molesarecoming
Other Members
  • -h0tw1r3! for cm10
  • -roger_n! for cm10
  • -DAGr8 for tons of help
  • -Smartguy for all his work
  • -Blownco for the server
  • -masiullah for G-Note app and original spen gesture code!
  • -David R. Lyons *youtube user for his video reviews!*
  • -anyone i forgot
Donations are cherrished and appreciated and only used to further development, if you do donate, shoot me your name so i can add to the list its the least i can do!​
  • cjsspape - 9wire - jayRokk - Snarksneeze - gwbard x2 - GrimmSh0t - th3g1z-
  • REFaster - MauiJPM - LittleBlueMnM x2 - bubbad58 - christran12 - gelasmus
  • t3chw00di - dafoxs - digichris - s89281b - merlinsrealm - lpsi2000 - Con_Valian
  • alperin1 - ghostdogg - Jimull1 x2 - zk642 - mark_20 - awerry - danstr15 - more but never left your user names!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

thanks out to synergeticink for the banner!​

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to set the workspace mode

How to change an apps Layout and size

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAN22
  • updated to pa 2.57 *still 4.1.2*
  • updated to any cm changes since last release
  • probably more stuff new.

OLD CHANGELOGS HERE
DEC19
  • updated to pa 2.56 *still 4.1.2*
  • updated to latest cm changes from the last month
  • probably more stuff just look through
  • clock might be broken, i dirty installed might work with clean install.
NOV08
  • updated to pa 2.54 and whatever merges they had since nov04
  • updated to latest cm whatever they may be
  • removed 4.2 camera * separate zip to flash*
  • more.
NOV04
  • updated to pa fix merges
  • updated if any cm changes
  • same as below.
NOV03
  • updated to latest pa 2.53 *link below*
  • updated to latest cm merges *link below*
  • screenshot from spen gestures is no longer
  • 4.2 camera added fully working
  • probably more
OCT27
  • updated to latest pa 2.52 *changes HERE*
  • updated to latest cm merges *changes HERE*
  • as per usual probably more.
OCT24
  • updated to latest pa 2.51 and merges
  • updated to latest cm stuff
  • per app status bar color is now in effect!
  • fixed in last build but i forgot to mention "pattern unlock logging security bug was squashed" unlike in kanged out of date roms.
  • probably more but as usual you get to find it.
Some Previous RELEASES:
OCT01 / OCT03 / OCT08 / OCT09 / OCT11 / OCT13 / OCT13-A / OCT15 / OCT17 / OCT20 / OCT22 / OCT24 /
OCT27 / NOV03 / NOV04 / NOV08 / DEC19 /

::VIDEOS::
paranoidandroid ICS 1.5a - thanks max lee
CLICK HERE

paranoidandroid JB 1.9.2a - thanks graveghoul
CLICK HERE

paranoidandroid JB 1.9.6a- me
CLICK HERE

paranoidandroid JB 1.9.7a AUG 09 - thanks www.androidcritics.com !
CLICK HERE

paranoidandroid JB 1.9.7a AUG 09 - thanks max lee @ rootgalaxynote.com!
CLICK HERE

paranoidandroid JB 1.9.8a AUG 13 - thanks graveghoul again!
CLICK HERE

paranoidandroid JB 2.00 AUG 28 - thanks youtube member David R. Lyons *sorry dont know your forum name*
CLICK HERE

*to find more check David R. Lyons youtube he uploads new videos often, subscribe to him and thank him!

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I see the XDA Dev thread has been re-opened, meh. I also found my way here by following Jamie's G+ and IRC.
Haven't said anything about it in the Q&A thread, and I'm not gonna...

@Jamie: maybe post a one-liner in the (xda) Dev OP with the ROM link -- nothing else. No reply's, No answers, let them bicker it out between themselves

oh, and by the way, THANKS JAMIE I'll be sportin' the latest here in a few minutes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.