- - - - -

NFC phone used to log into computer

• Please log in to reply

OP gi812

gi812

Average Android

• 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:52 AM #1

Has anybody set something up like this yet?

I'm still yet to use NFC since mine died back in decemeber (SE Error) and i alwyas turn off NFC now, never bought any tags or anything.

I just saw this app by ASUS (https://play.google....FCLogin#?t=W10.) and i was wondering if anyone has something like this set up with their own tags?

Tap your computer and log in...sounds pretty nice to me.
  • 0 Likes

Sendan

Sendan

Grill Master X

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:23 AM #2

Has anybody set something up like this yet?

I'm still yet to use NFC since mine died back in decemeber (SE Error) and i alwyas turn off NFC now, never bought any tags or anything.

I just saw this app by ASUS (https://play.google....FCLogin#?t=W10.) and i was wondering if anyone has something like this set up with their own tags?

Tap your computer and log in...sounds pretty nice to me.

I have one tag next to my bed that turns on my computer and starts a foorbar2000 playlist, and another tag next to my chair that turns my PC on/off. Its pretty convenient, especially with NFC polling screen off enabled. Its kinda similar to that Asus login thing. :P
  • 0 Likes

mikeymop

mikeymop

Warning: Low Battery

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:26 AM #3

I have one tag next to my bed that turns on my computer and starts a foorbar2000 playlist, and another tag next to my chair that turns my PC on/off. Its pretty convenient, especially with NFC polling screen off enabled. Its kinda similar to that Asus login thing. :P

How did you get it to turn on your computer? Is the pad plugged in, or does the phone do Wake on LAN?
  • 0 Likes
PM me if you need any help!

Sendan

Sendan

Grill Master X

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:41 AM #4

How did you get it to turn on your computer? Is the pad plugged in, or does the phone do Wake on LAN?

The tag starts a Tasker task which sends a WoL packet, and as for the music one the tag just starts foobarcon which automatically sends a WoL packet and starts foobar2000.
  • 2 Likes

WhataSpaz

WhataSpaz

Why Not Zoidberg?

• 1,490 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:12 PM #5

"ASUS NFC Logon helps TaiChi Notebook Series users to use their NFC function supported Android phones log in their TaiChi series notebooks in a instant."

No love for the Zenbook Prime?
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
CURRENT PHONE: SGS III - SOME AOSP ROM - iX
SIGNATURE BY CLOUD NINE