Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Phone stuck on boot screen?

• Please log in to reply

OP theunderfighter

theunderfighter

• 23 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:28 PM #1

Sorry guys, I am late for work, don't have time to run a search.... But my phone's touch screen wasn't working for some reason. I did a battery pull to reboot, and now it won't boot. It'll flash up the Samsung logo and the Yellow exclamation mark, then the mark goes away, and it just says Samsung. No progress from there. What can I do?
  • 0 Likes

acejavelin

acejavelin

Super User

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:32 PM #2

First I would boot into recover, either stock or CWM and factory default, if that still fails then you probably need to flash a ROM.
  • 0 Likes

Current Personal: Google Nexus 4 16GB (Beanstalk - Aio Wireless)
Current Work: LG G2 (Beanstalk - Verizon)
Previous Android devices: Motorola Droid 1, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

If I helped you, and you want to show some appreciation, send me a donation.

OP theunderfighter

theunderfighter

• 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:39 AM #3

First I would boot into recover, either stock or CWM and factory default, if that still fails then you probably need to flash a ROM.

Can you walk me through that, or link me to a page that describes it?
  • 0 Likes

acejavelin

acejavelin

Super User

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:48 AM #4

Try the factory default route first, boot into recovery (you said there is a yellow exclamation so I assume you have Clockwork Mod Recovery) by powering off competely, then power on holding VOL UP+VOL DOWN+POWER until the Samsung logo flashes off an back on, then release all buttons, it might take a few tries to get it but should take you to a menu like the attached photo, then use the volume keys to move up and down in the menu and power to select, move down to "wipe data/factory reset" and select it then confirm, and once it is done, reboot.

Attached Thumbnails

• cwm 1.jpg

• 0 Likes

Current Personal: Google Nexus 4 16GB (Beanstalk - Aio Wireless)
Current Work: LG G2 (Beanstalk - Verizon)
Previous Android devices: Motorola Droid 1, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

If I helped you, and you want to show some appreciation, send me a donation.

Crystawth

Crystawth

Android Lover

• 193 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:58 AM #5

No no no... just delete system32 ... it will fix everything

:P
  • 1 Likes

Device: Samsung Stratosphere II SCH-i415, Device:Samsung Stratosphere SCH-i405

Rom: Stock  Kernel: Stock, Rom: GC1 Tweaked Lite by Dwitherell  Kernel: Stock

Have I helped you? want to buy me stuffs?

OP theunderfighter

theunderfighter

• 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:34 AM #6

Try the factory default route first, boot into recovery (you said there is a yellow exclamation so I assume you have Clockwork Mod Recovery) by powering off competely, then power on holding VOL UP+VOL DOWN+POWER until the Samsung logo flashes off an back on, then release all buttons, it might take a few tries to get it but should take you to a menu like the attached photo, then use the volume keys to move up and down in the menu and power to select, move down to "wipe data/factory reset" and select it then confirm, and once it is done, reboot.

I cannot get it to boot into recovery for the life of me... I have the phone all the way off. I hold all 3 buttons, phone turns on, I keep holding them until it turns off and comes back on, then release them. And it just stays with the Samsung logo, nothing happens...

No no no... just delete system32 ... it will fix everything

Fuck I did this, and now nothing will work, what did I do wrong?! :ph34r:
  • 0 Likes

Crystawth

Crystawth

Android Lover

• 193 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:40 AM #7

I cannot get it to boot into recovery for the life of me... I have the phone all the way off. I hold all 3 buttons, phone turns on, I keep holding them until it turns off and comes back on, then release them. And it just stays with the Samsung logo, nothing happens...

Fuck I did this, and now nothing will work, what did I do wrong?! :ph34r:

As for the first issue, hold all 3 from power off, then when SAMSUNG appears, release the power button, but keep holding the volume buttons...

as for the second, you must have divided by zero. tough luck i guess!
  • 0 Likes

OP theunderfighter

theunderfighter

• 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:50 AM #8

As for the first issue, hold all 3 from power off, then when SAMSUNG appears, release the power button, but keep holding the volume buttons...

as for the second, you must have divided by zero. tough luck i guess!

Damn, I never was good at elementary division... Still no luck on the Recovery mode... I'm gonna try flashing a new Kernel/ROM as described here... http://rootzwiki.com...sphere-7282012/
I just really want to have a functional phone while I'm out and about all day today.
EDIT: >.< That's right... I need some way to get my computer to read my SD card, and that's not possible without a functional phone!
EDIT again: Through a series of transfers from various computers and USB drives, I've made it possible.... So from what I've read, there's a chance flashing a new Kernel/ROM could fix it, so that's what I'm banking on. Especially since I can't get into recovery mode for whatever reason >.<

EDIT Again again: And of course.... I forget I need to get into Recovery to flash anything.... so I just successfully reflashed cwd recovery, but I still can't get it to load >.<

Edited by theunderfighter, 20 August 2012 - 10:20 AM.

• 0 Likes

Crystawth

Crystawth

Android Lover

• 193 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:53 PM #9

Well there's really only one way into Recovery.. and that's Vol+,Vol-, and power... beyond that, i'm lost as to how to help you.
  • 0 Likes

OP theunderfighter

theunderfighter

• 23 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:21 AM #10

Well there's really only one way into Recovery.. and that's Vol+,Vol-, and power... beyond that, i'm lost as to how to help you.

Well I set my phone down for some beers and then went to work. 12 hours later, I try it, and it goes into Recovery right away. I try to do a backup and it fails. I accidentally click to restart my phone, and low and behold, my phone restarts! So... it worked? Haha. I just had to boot recovery, and restart. I'm back in action.
So, thank you gentlemen for your help!
  • 1 Likes