Rate this Topic

- - - - -

SGIII won't send pictures?

• Please log in to reply

OP ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Blacked Out Themer

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:44 AM #1

My wife's stock non-rooted SGIII won't send pictures taken with the phone through the MMS app. Is this a known issue or just a setting she needs to change? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
Like my work? --->> Posted Image

TheBiles

TheBiles

Ramblin' Wreck

• 130 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:29 AM #2

Never heard of that issue before. You should do her a favor and root it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
  • 0 Likes

TimH

TimH

Android Apprentice

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:28 AM #3

Check the size of the picture you are taking, most likely it is over the size limit for mms.
  • 0 Likes

goldsmitht

goldsmitht

Android Apprentice - Semi-noob

• 614 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:13 PM #4

this was a problem earlier, when i was on stock, but hasn't been lately. if you are still stock, call tech support, thhey reset something on their end.

As a quick fix, you can also go into manage apps: system>application manager>all>messaging> clear data will do a quick fix, but would suggest contacting tech support on this one
  • 0 Likes
Crack Flasher Aficionado

ROUNDWIRE

ROUNDWIRE

flashaholic

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:33 PM #5

i was told by verizon this was a known issue, which i have. also known, issues with auto brightness, the calendar widget flickers.... all to be fixed with a pending update. no dates given and none of this has been confirmed with samsung. honestly, i plan on flashing a rom now that the bootloader has a one click lock/unlock tool. any one recommend a good rom without kexec?
  • 0 Likes
galaxy s3 AOKP 7-07 nightly

faehsemc

faehsemc

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:48 PM #6

Synergy nightlies is perfect

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

TechSavvy

TechSavvy

Android Addict

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:14 PM #7

My wife's stock non-rooted SGIII won't send pictures taken with the phone through the MMS app. Is this a known issue or just a setting she needs to change? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Had this a lot on stock. It said compressing or whatever then said failed, file not supported.

Long press home button, kill all apps and close everything reported on both sides. Then it worked fine from there on for me. It seems to be a memory issue for some reason, killing everything let's it get some mem and build its own cache.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

droidxuser123

droidxuser123

Hiero Android

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:39 PM #8

i was told by verizon this was a known issue, which i have. also known, issues with auto brightness, the calendar widget flickers.... all to be fixed with a pending update. no dates given and none of this has been confirmed with samsung. honestly, i plan on flashing a rom now that the bootloader has a one click lock/unlock tool. any one recommend a good rom without kexec?

CVPCS cyanogen mod 10
it's alpha but it's pretty stable from my end
  • 0 Likes

If you want to see some cool MIUI themes check out this DA group MIUIERZ

ROUNDWIRE

ROUNDWIRE

flashaholic

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:27 AM #9

Synergy nightlies is perfect

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

i just flashed synergy. very nice. now to try some kernel action.....
  • 0 Likes
galaxy s3 AOKP 7-07 nightly

goldsmitht

goldsmitht

Android Apprentice - Semi-noob

• 614 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:11 AM #10

if you are going to flash the latest SynergyRom or Beans, MAKE SURE YOU ARE UNLOCKED! both don't require you to be, they can load locked or unlocked, but if you flash a kernel along with them, you will soft brick your phone.

otherwise, SynergyRom nightly 50 is running great, and getting ready to flash Beans9
  • 0 Likes
Crack Flasher Aficionado