- - - - -

Toro user wants to know what rom to use for toroplus

• Please log in to reply

OP hullie10

hullie10

Android Apprentice

• 110 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:55 PM #1

Hey guys, so my gf got a gnex for sprint and since I'm on Verizon I really don't pay attention to development for toroplus... With that being said she is allowing me to root her phone when she gets into town tomorrow (yay) but I don't know what the best roms are for the toroplus... Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

nhat

nhat

Android Master

• 820 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:40 AM #2

The answer lies here: http://rootzwiki.com...us-development/
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:16 AM #3

Seems like most ROMs are available for both. I'd personally prefer Euroskank CM10 "Jellybro" now but check out the link in the post above mine and see if the ROM you use is there. That way it's easy to help her find stuff/fix issues.
  • 0 Likes

OP hullie10

hullie10

Android Apprentice

• 110 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:16 AM #4

That's just a list of the roms for toroplus... Was kinda hoping for a suggestion since I don't have time to read through all pages of all the roms

• 0 Likes

Barf

Barf

Total Gnub

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:23 AM #5

Depends what she wants....customization or stability/near stock. The ROMs that are for the toro plus and toro should be close to the same, so whatever you know about the toro should theoretically apply to the toro plus.

Edited by Barf, 16 August 2012 - 07:27 AM.

• 0 Likes
Posted Image

nhat

nhat

Android Master

• 820 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:48 AM #6

That's just a list of the roms for toroplus... Was kinda hoping for a suggestion since I don't have time to read through all pages of all the roms

It's your gf's phone, one of you should take the time to do the research for it.

The suggestions will always be the same regardless of the phone when it comes to Android: CMx will always be recommended first because it's the most recognizable. That'll be followed by someone suggesting a kang of the CM rom followed by someone else suggesting a different kang of the CM rom, and each person will tell you how fast and stable their rom is while also telling you they've tried every rom available. After that, you get to ask about which kernel is most recommended or best.

CN: It's all personal preference. Asking for a recommendation or for what's best will only land you where you started, confused. What you really want to ask is for the most popular rom and kernel. You can get that answer simply by looking at thread views and replies. There is no best because, in the end, all the roms and kernels end up being the same.

Edited by nhat, 16 August 2012 - 07:48 AM.

• 1 Likes

jiggaholix

jiggaholix

Android Beginner

• 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:43 AM #7

Honestly, there is no one best rom. You just have to try them all and see what you like... What are you running on your toro right now? If it doesn't exist I'll suggest something equivalent for toroplus.

My only suggestion for now...

Put on the cotton candy cobalt theme if she likes pink...it's free in the playstore and really good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes